Sign in to follow this  
blinky847

Sprint store in Golf Mill Mall in Niles IL

Anyone in the northwest part of Chicago been to this Sprint store in Golf Mill Mall? I've heard bad things about affiliates in general, but Sprint Telesales got me an appointment to go to one in order for me to get a SIM card for my Pixel 3 XL.

Charles at Telesales tried to migrate my Pixel's SIM card to my Pixel 3, but to no avail (duh) - I thought I would go for this since its a bit more convenient than getting one delivered like I had with my Pixel and other BYOD phones in the past.

TIA

Yung

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Thank you Mike one of the guys clarified it. Good to know I wasn’t seeing things lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • The app already uses EARFCN as the primary means to identify the LTE band.. it will try to match a GCI pattern first, but if there are no matches or the "guessed" band does not match EARFCN data that appears to be valid, it uses the EARFCN instead. Since there are so many B14 sector possibilities right now, I don't think I will continue adding them beyond what is programmed now. Most newer devices on newer Android builds are properly reporting EARFCN, with some exceptions (issues with B66/B71 most notably). GCI pattern matching has become most useful to identify "special" cells (MM/SC/MB/Airave/etc) as well as multiple carriers.   I know this was answered elsewhere, but for the benefit of anyone who comes along later -- a small cell second carrier has been identified that follows the same GCI pattern as one sector of a Mini-Macro second carrier. Since the app has no way to know which one it is, it displays both indicators when this occurs. -Mike
    • I mentioned it earlier the Tampa market thread, but i made my first VoLTE call today on my iPhone XS.

I got a spam call during a game I was playing. Normally this cuts off my data session and it takes a while to reload, but this time after declining the call, the game carried on like nothing happened. I thought that was odd and checked the carrier info on my iPhone XS and saw IMS was active for SMS and Voice. Woohoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • So, TMobile has stated that if the merger goes through, you'll be able to go into a Sprint store but be put on TMobile's network. What if you already have a plan on Sprint.  Would I be able to get say a OnePlus 6T, activate it on my account and it be on TMobile's network?
    • Just noticed this today (MM2/SC2) anyone else?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk