Motorola looking for beta testers for Photon

legion125

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 22 January 2012

Any photon owners taking part in this? When Moto was looking for testers for the Xoom, it got ICS. Although the author doesn't think so, this could be the prelude to an ICS update.

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 22 January 2012

With the removal of Carrier IQ and the manufacturers sending out some maintenance fixes with the updates, it might be that Moto is looking for people to test out that update. It would be cool for Photon owners if they get ICS though... and put pressure on the other manufacturers to roll out their own ICS updates.

• 3 weeks later...

I signed up on Moto's site in late January for this right after I got my Photon. Still haven't heard anything back unfortunately. I would think I make a good candidate, I work in IT and manage mobile users with iPhone, BB, and android.

Did some more digging on Moto's site and found this: https://forums.motorola.com/pages/00add97d6c which gives a better timeline for ICS on Photon.

Edited by blkmiles
  • Like 1

the moto ics leaked images from this week are lookin pretty nice.

very stock looking... not the old blur we used to know.

http://www.androidpo...emingly-absent/

Yes, very nice looking. I do like how Motorola has toned tone it down and quit butchering the OS. It almost looks acceptable. Not like when it was designed as a social network UI. Moto isn't calling it Motoblur any longer, but I can't find the new name.