Canadian BRS (2.5ghz) auction

Hi all,

As many of you know, the Canadian BRS auction is upcoming. The majority of the spectrum will be band 7 (FDD), while all of the spectrum that is TDD unpaired will fall squarely in band 38:

2500-decisionBRS-2013-fig6.jpg

I was a bit confused about a few things though: number one, I thought that Bell and Rogers already had band 7 deployed in Canada in many markets? In addition, I know SaskTel has a band 38 TD-LTE network deployed in Saskatchewan. Is BRS already sold in some areas and not in others? What do our local spectrum gurus have to say about the auction?

• Like 1

Hi all,

As many of you know, the Canadian BRS auction is upcoming. The majority of the spectrum will be band 7 (FDD), while all of the spectrum that is TDD unpaired will fall squarely in band 38:

2500-decisionBRS-2013-fig6.jpg

I was a bit confused about a few things though: number one, I thought that Bell and Rogers already had band 7 deployed in Canada in many markets? In addition, I know SaskTel has a band 38 TD-LTE network deployed in Saskatchewan. Is BRS already sold in some areas and not in others? What do our local spectrum gurus have to say about the auction?

Now that is a nice band plan.

Would be nice to see a b41, b7 one adopted here too.

Sprint could have 120mhz unpaired, others would have 70mhz paired

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk