Note 4 Constaly Switches Bands 25, 26 and 41

jfenton1957

Doesn't sem to matter where I am here in NE MA....even sitting in my living room, the phone constanfly switched between bands 26, 26, 41, all of which show between -93and -115 signal strength. What I am curious about is why does it not consistently stay on the band with the nest signal? It literally changes bands every 5 seconds or so.

This occurs sitting at home, driving to work or while at work.

Thoughts / suggestions?

Doesn't sem to matter where I am here in NE MA....even sitting in my living room, the phone constanfly switched between bands 26, 26, 41, all of which show between -93and -115 signal strength. What I am curious about is why does it not consistently stay on the band with the nest signal? It literally changes bands every 5 seconds or so.

Thoughts / suggestions?

If you dig a little bit deeper into the forums and wall posts, you'll understand that this is how NV is supposed to work. In essence, the network proactively decides which band your device should be on taking into account the devices capabilities and network needs. So if B25 is overloaded with a bunch of single band users while B41 is humming along, the network would tell your device to pickup and move.

Although, depending on the level of 'constantly,' it could be a variety of factors.

I was aware of this however, I expected (wrongly so perhaps) that it would stay on the band with the best signal strength. Perhaps the "signal strenth" readings aren't a consistent indication of that actual paramenter across the three diferent bands.

Thoughts / suggestions?

Turn off b41 and see the difference.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

"Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Let the Tri Band Network Do Its Thing"

AJ

• Like 3