HTC M9 Order Drama

jf15219

On the first day that I could (first of month), I went in to my nearest Sprint store (preferred) to order for Direct Ship the new M9. 

The process was horrible and long. Why? Sprint didn't put the SKU numbers in the Playbook. You need a SKU to order a phone in RMS. The associate made several calls to several support lines, which included receiving a bad SKU (missing final characters) and a woman who should be fired immediately for responding "What's a SKU?" I think he finally got someone in telesales that was able to give him the SKU number.

Clearly, cleanup still needs to occur in this company regarding customer service...

• Like 2

On the first day that I could (first of month), I went in to my nearest Sprint store (preferred) to order for Direct Ship the new M9. 

The process was horrible and long. Why? Sprint didn't put the SKU numbers in the Playbook. You need a SKU to order a phone in RMS. The associate made several calls to several support lines, which included receiving a bad SKU (missing final characters) and a woman who should be fired immediately for responding "What's a SKU?" I think he finally got someone in telesales that was able to give him the SKU number.

Clearly, cleanup still needs to occur in this company regarding customer service...

Not everyone is going to know what a SKU is, and harping on them for something that is just launching isn't going to help. You could have easily ordered it online (or through telesales) yourself and saved any hassle. As far as device purchases, Sprint is pretty good. The only thing I wish they had the option of was in store pick up with online easy pay sales.

• Like 2

The website is defective and told me my M8 wasn't a qualified device and that I had to go to a store. Furthermore, if you don't know what a SKU, you can't work in a retail environment that uses them. Finally, the device launched on 3/27. Unacceptable and inexcusable.

The website is defective and told me my M8 wasn't a qualified device and that I had to go to a store. Furthermore, if you don't know what a SKU, you can't work in a retail environment that uses them. Finally, the device launched on 3/27. Unacceptable and inexcusable.

I've worked in retail for a long time, but until I was told I had no idea what a SKU is. Saying some one should be fired because they didn't know is extreme. What is the purpose of this thread? Were they not able to order your phone? If you're just complaining, you would be best to direct it to Sprint. You need to accept the fact that every launch of every product will not go buttery smooth. Shit happens, deal with it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 8

This thread serves no purpose and will probably get worse before it gets better.

• Like 7