Kyocera C6725 & C6730

MacinJosh

A friend of mine recently purchased the Vibe on Sprint and brought it over to my house for me to try.

First off, the earpiece SUCKS. Just AWFUL, quite, and tinny. At first, when he was complaining to me about the earpiece, I thought he wasn't used to the Smart Sonic receiver or HD Voice. Nope, it's just sounds like a blown flip-phone speaker. I did disable HD Voice and it became somewhat tolerable. I'm hoping he has defective hardware, but I'd like to hear what everyone else's thoughts are on the earpiece if you have a Vibe or have used one.

So yes, Sprint's webstore page is wrong- the Vibe 100% has functional HD voice. If anyone cares, it can do Direct Connect as well.

B41 & B26 are enabled by default in the ##DATA# settings. After getting the MSL (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unlockgods.kyc), I was able to get to the band priority screen; it shows all 3 bands and check boxes next to them, with no apparent way to put them in any type of order. Suggestions?

I didn't notice any dBm difference side-by-side with my Torque.

Got screenshots. Still can't figure out how to set priority.

uqe7agup.jpgsudubuva.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I ended picking up one of these, they're really cheap on amazon and i had alot of amazon monies... Anyway the screen is very impressive for how cheap the phone is it looks and feels nice. The battery seems to last almost as long as my torque and the spark access is very nice. In the short while i've had its had very good performance for $150, much better than my torque and on par with what i remember from my s3. 

My only complaint is that the sides and back feel cheap... however it still feels solid,but what can you expect for such a cheap phone.  ;)

I've had the Vibe now for some time and continue to like it very much;

for me it is a wifi device--data only phone..no cellular contract..

great second phone for our family

Has anyone found a good case for the vibe? I bought one from amazon and it doesn't fit the phone long ways. All the cases on amazon that have reviews say the same thing.

• 2 weeks later...

871cb2ef550728b2d0198faedc295396.jpg

Did a factory reset and saw this Wi-Fi calling icon pop up. As soon as I clicked it.. It disappeared and I can't find it in my launcher. Has anyone heard of this phone having Wi-Fi calling. I can't find anything about that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone heard whether or not the Hydro Vibe is going to get

Android 4.4 KitKat? The Sprint product page claims it runs

4.4 but my Vibe runs 4.3 Jelly Bean

I've noticed the same thing. It was 4.3 on the product page when I bought mine. So I'm hoping its gonna get the update. Couldn't find anything about the update though.

Im hoping that well get an os update in October like the torque got last year. .

Kyocera is under some obligation to Sprint to support their device with so-many software updates. AFAIK, there hasn't been any yet, so I would assume the Vibe will see 2-3 updates over the next year. Once a device is over a year old Kyocera appears to forget about software updates......

I didn't know that, seems thanks to sprint that's better than the 0 that Kyocera would like to do.

But that means no more are likely for the torque....[emoji20]

My advice if you have a torque start having trouble and try and get a service and repair store to replace it. The s4 mini is currently in the replacement list for the torque.
  • Like 2

• 4 weeks later...

Kyocera Hydro Vibe is the latest smartphone from Sprint to get Wi-Fi Calling. The software update is rolling out now, and an update notification will be pushed to all our Hydro Vibe customers automatically during the next few weeks

http://newsroom.sprint.com/blogs/devices-apps-and-services/kyocera-hydro-vibe-latest-to-get-wi-fi-calling-update.htm

looks like the Hydro vibe is getting wifi calling!!! Maybe itll be an os upgrade too... :)

• Like 2

Great news...hope this means a Kit Kat update as well...sweet little phone;

I dropped mine from waist high standing at Starbucks one day (about 3 1/2 ft)

to a hard tile floor..no problems to date...maybe I was just lucky..I dunno but

I do wonder if the new iPhones & Galaxy Notes would survive that drop..

sheet happens!

Great news...hope this means a Kit Kat update as well...sweet little phone;

I dropped mine from waist high standing at Starbucks one day (about 3 1/2 ft)

to a hard tile floor..no problems to date...maybe I was just lucky..I dunno but

I do wonder if the new iPhones & Galaxy Notes would survive that drop..

sheet happens!

Its definitely a tough phone. Mine hasn't been in a case but still looks brand new. Hopefully it will get KitKat... But with Kyocera you never know what you'll get...
  • Like 1

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/174090

10/02 - Kyocera Hydro VIBE Software Update - 2.033sp
46.png?a=42735icon_sprintMark_24x24px.png
4Social Oct 2, 2014 4:09 PM

Kyocera Hydro VIBE Software Update - 2.033sp

Enhancements/Fixes

• Upgrade to KitKat
  • Wi-Fi Calling
  • Update email signature
  • Enhancement to video attachment (MMS)
  • Enhancement to Camera (auto focus)

Important Notes

- Software version is 2.033sp

- Refer to the Kyocera Hydro VIBE Software Update article in Support for install instructions

• Like 2

Just went into settings and updated directly from the phone..wi-fi calling

seems a bit wonky right now ...I'll know better tomorrow if its ready for

prime time

Awesome . thanks. I've been checking the update but it still hasn't come through for me yet. [emoji17] I really do hope the WiFi calling works well....

Just went into settings and updated directly from the phone..wi-fi calling

seems a bit wonky right now ...I'll know better tomorrow if its ready for

prime time

How's the update? Mine still hasn't come through yet... Is your phone any more stable?

Finally got the update. 4.4.2. Wifi calling came on no problem. And I switched the runtime from dalvik to art. I'm wondering how stable it will be. Seems snappier, but that's probably a placebo effect....

• 2 weeks later...

Update on my experience with the update, 

It seems to have made the phone more battery hungry, in the past i could make it all day with the phone in my pocket and have ~70% left at 5 when i got off work, but now its down to around 5% after 10 or so hours off the charger.

The battery manager says the top battery hog is com.itson service, which looks like the wifi calling. Ive done 3 or 4 factory resets and tried changing to dalvik to see if it gets more stable... however no luck, im trying disabling the wifi calling app now to see if that fixes the issue.

Other than that, the screen seems to be brighter to me and ive noticed the back of the phone getting hot while in my pocket or while using data,it didnt do that on 4.3... 

Also ART appears to break wifi calling... 

If anyone else uses the phone daily, have had any issues since the update?