Kyocera C6725 & C6730

MacinJosh

so far battery life for me has been far far less than advertised.. my evo even with an old crappy battery would make it till 3-4 PM.. this one is dead by noon after a full charge over night.

I should also mention it went in the lake the other day.. about 2 feet down.. (forgot it in my pocket) still works. So I have that going for me.

Edited by merkurfan

Bummer!  What sort of apps, talk,data downloads, movies et al were you using to drain

the batt this fast?  Dead by noon is seriously crappy!  Nice to here that it's water proof

but the battery drain has me worried..

Bummer!  What sort of apps, talk,data downloads, movies et al were you using to drain

the batt this fast?  Dead by noon is seriously crappy!  Nice to here that it's water proof

but the battery drain has me worried..

That was actually out of the box bone stock...

it's gotten a bit better, but not much. I have complained to amazon thinking maybe it is a bad battery or phone.. I also have an app that locks up all the time and is unsable. On my EVO it was rock solid stable. The developer does not have a handset to try it on so I am not sure where to go with them on that.

So far so good here with battery life altho I'm NOT a power user as I once was

with a smartphone; it's a really nice smartphone for the money and there are

some things about it that I like better than my Galaxy S3 (which my wife

now controls); I get about 12 hrs on a charge doing wi-fi calling and

text, feedly updates, fb updates and some web browsing  (no netflix,Skype or

other heavy duty streaming and/or downloading..so far it's a keeper for me..

I really don't see what people like about the Hydro Vibe. It looks like the LG Viper but made by Kyocera. :/

Sent from Josh's iPhone 5S using Tapatalk 2

I really don't see what people like about the Hydro Vibe. It looks like the LG Viper but made by Kyocera. :/

Pound for pound it's not a bad device for the $ I put out; no, it's not a flagship

smartphone but it has it's quality points: wireless charging sans a new case, reasonable

recent version of OS (4.3), auto eco mode, slim & lightweight, very crisp and extremely

clear audio/voice reproduction..these are just some things right now I've discovered

about this little beauty in the rough

• Like 1

Pound for pound it's not a bad device for the $ I put out; no, it's not a flagship

smartphone but it has it's quality points: wireless charging sans a new case, reasonable

recent version of OS (4.3), auto eco mode, slim & lightweight, very crisp and extremely

clear audio/voice reproduction..these are just some things right now I've discovered

about this little beauty in the rough

Hopefully it doesn't start overheating. Can you turn off the vibrate responses to button touches? I find that annoying on it.

It's confirmed the Hydro Vibe is the Kyocera C6725. http://www.kyocera-wireless.com/phones/ However, where is the C6730 with it's Android 4.4.2?

It looks like it's going to end up on Boost Mobile. It's already listed as the Kyocera Hydro Icon here: https://www.mywirelessclaim.com/boost-mobile/general/view-all-deductibles.aspx

Supposed pics of the Icon (C6730) got leaked May 10th. Here's a write-up about the leak, along with the leaked pictures. Only thing I see different is it has a menu button: http://www.cheap-phones.com/kyocera-hydro-icon-tipped-for-sprint/

• Like 1

My assumptions were accurate, although the "leaked" pic above might have been an earlier prototype of the Vibe since the C6730 is clearly different:

http://www.androidcentral.com/kyoceras-affordable-waterproof-lte-enabled-hydro-icon-announced-boost-mobile

&

http://www.phonescoop.com/articles/article.php?a=14172

Re-branded Kyocera Hydro Vibe according to the article you posted...it's a

sweet little smartphone..like it more each day that I use it..not at all a

cereal box smartphone like you might expect at this price-point..

Alright, I found an issue that might be a deal breaker for me.. During a voice call (I am sometimes on bridge calls for hours on end) No data... nothing.. my phone exploded when I dropped the voice call..

I didn't think such a step backwards would even be considered on a new phone.

UPDATE

The data issue is sprint. Not the phone. No sprint Spark phone can toss data and voice at the same time. Talk about stupid.

Edited by merkurfan

Alright, I found an issue that might be a deal breaker for me.. During a voice call (I am sometimes on bridge calls for hours on end) No data... nothing.. my phone exploded when I dropped the voice call..

I didn't think such a step backwards would even be considered on a new phone.

UPDATE

The data issue is sprint. Not the phone. No sprint Spark phone can toss data and voice at the same time. Talk about stupid.

The good thing is that it generally makes battery life better on the spark phones. And it shouldn't be an issue over volte rolls out. Which might still be a while.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The good thing is that it generally makes battery life better on the spark phones. And it shouldn't be an issue over volte rolls out. Which might still be a while.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

It may be sooner than you think. Don't underestimate Masayoshi Son. He's got tricks up his sleeve we haven't seen yet.

• Like 1

Technically, the issue is with the phone, which only has one radio transmission path. Sprint's network continues to support older SVLTE devices such as my B25-only S4 just fine. Indeed, in areas where eCSFB has not yet been enabled, my phone has much better LTE coverage, and is less likely to miss incoming calls.

However, having only one radio active at a time does lead most notably to a marked improvement in both battery life and data throughput at the cell-edge. I recommend reading through this white paper from Qualcomm, which provides a good background on the choices that LTE operators are facing for handling voice traffic. In particular, Figure 19 on pg. 10 illustrates most of the pros and cons of having a single or dual radio setup.

Regardless of all that, however, it's undeniable that some people really do want or need the capability to use data while on a call. When tri-band handsets were first announced, there was so much excitement here that most brushed those concerns aside. Continuing to argue about it here would be tantamount to beating a dead horse, but I believe it is important for Sprint to make these pros and cons well known in their front line employees, so that they in turn can help their customers make an informed choice when they are choosing which phone to purchase.

It may be sooner than you think. Don't underestimate Masayoshi Son. He's got tricks up his sleeve we haven't seen yet.

I hope you're right. I think we'll begin to see limited VoLTE deployments by 2016 (NV 3.0?), and a full rollout a year later, based on the availability of LTE 600 equipment and implementation of 3GPP Rel 12, CoMP & eICIC being key to a high-quality VoLTE experience. By then, my S4 will be quite ready for retirement.

• Like 2

I hope you're right. I think we'll begin to see limited VoLTE deployments by 2016 (NV 3.0?), and a full rollout a year later, based on the availability of LTE 600 equipment and implementation of 3GPP Rel 12, CoMP & eICIC being key to a high-quality VoLTE experience. By then, my S4 will be quite ready for retirement.

Without going into too much detail, I believe VoLTE trials are coming this year. When? I'm not fully sure. I can divulge more info later though.

• Like 1

Thanks for posting. That was released today?

It was from what I can gather.

Boost Mobile has just released a rugged Kyocera handset called the Hydro Icon. For a mere $149.99 off-contract, you'll get an LTE-capable handset with 4.5-inch qHD display, 1.2 GHz quad-core Snapdragon processor, wireless charging, 8 megapixel camera, and a body built to 810G spec for shock and drop resistance, and IP57 against dust and water.

Just an update. with 6 days to go, I started the return process with Amazon and bought a lightly used EVO 4G LTE.. The stability sucked and seemed to have gotten worse the more I used it. Sound quality went down hill with many asking "are you in tunnel? are you under water?" and the such with 3+ bars of coverage... it would NEVER take a clear photo.

I am happy to have an EVO back. data while on the phone is nice, people like the sound quality on their end as well...

Edited by merkurfan

Just an update. with 6 days to go, I started the return process with Amazon and bought a lightly used EVO 4G LTE.. The stability sucked and seemed to have gotten worse the more I used it. Sound quality went down hill with many asking "are you in tunnel? are you under water?" and the such with 3+ bars of coverage... it would NEVER take a clear photo.

I am happy to have an EVO back. data while on the phone is nice, people like the sound quality on their end as well...

That's a shame. I love my Kyocera Torque... Except for the software buggy as all get out and I can't understand people that well.. I was hoping they had managed to get that straightened out and have a top notch phone with their new Triband devices ... [emoji20]

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

2 weeks ago, I made it in to a Sprint store to play with a demo Vibe. It was displayed right next to the Torque; overall size-wise, it was about the same, trading the rugged housing for a larger screen. Next to the Torque, the Vibe looks like it has an AMOLED screen!

The Vibe was very smooth and responsive and came with minimal bloatware. I played side-by-side the same exact YouTube video to compare the speaker quality and it was hands-down no comparison- the Torque was substantially louder.

I then took a pic with both phones of the same field of view. I could not tell any difference in the pics, zooming in, etc. I did not play with any camera settings; I just pickup'd each phone and took a pic.

It did feel really cheap in the hand, mostly caused by the battery cover. This Sprint store had a sign about no food/drinks, so I couldn't test the waterproof part  :rolleyes:

A few days later, I found myself at another Sprint store, and again, I wanted to play with the Vibe's camera. On this demo, I couldn't get a great stable pic. Again, I didn't play with the camera settings, so I can't say I compared same-for-same.

A friend of mine recently purchased the Vibe on Sprint and brought it over to my house for me to try.

First off, the earpiece SUCKS. Just AWFUL, quite, and tinny. At first, when he was complaining to me about the earpiece, I thought he wasn't used to the Smart Sonic receiver or HD Voice. Nope, it's just sounds like a blown flip-phone speaker. I did disable HD Voice and it became somewhat tolerable. I'm hoping he has defective hardware, but I'd like to hear what everyone else's thoughts are on the earpiece if you have a Vibe or have used one.

So yes, Sprint's webstore page is wrong- the Vibe 100% has functional HD voice. If anyone cares, it can do Direct Connect as well.

B41 & B26 are enabled by default in the ##DATA# settings. After getting the MSL (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.unlockgods.kyc), I was able to get to the band priority screen; it shows all 3 bands and check boxes next to them, with no apparent way to put them in any type of order. Suggestions?

I didn't notice any dBm difference side-by-side with my Torque.

Dang more bad news about this phone. I was hoping it would be at least on par with the torque in quality.

[emoji17]

Do you think it would be worth getting as a backup phone?

Dang more bad news about this phone. I was hoping it would be at least on par with the torque in quality.

[emoji17]

Do you think it would be worth getting as a backup phone?

I'm going to say no at this point. Stick with a flagship from yesteryear, or wait for the G2 mini, which should be released before the end of August.