Kyocera Kona, 1x800?

burnout8488

Just would like some confirmation that this basic flip phone supports 1x800. I'm having trouble finding specs on it.

My girlfriend's mother and father would probably end up getting these as they're simple, and don't need much functionality other than basic SMS once in awhile. That, and it's only $4/mo with Easy Pay on Framily.

They live on the fringe of 1x1900 so 1x800 is critical, or else they'd need to get a better phone.

• Like 1

Just would like some confirmation that this basic flip phone supports 1x800. I'm having trouble finding specs on it.

My girlfriend's mother and father would probably end up getting these as they're simple, and don't need much functionality other than basic SMS once in awhile. That, and it's only $4/mo with Easy Pay on Framily.

They live on the fringe of 1x1900 so 1x800 is critical, or else they'd need to get a better phone.

I did see you guys finally got NV/LTE in Binghamton now I believe all the towers down there are all done

Almost all of them! Just 2 remaining sites on Wilson Hospital and 20 Hawley street that remain Non-NV. Only a few other sites need LTE backhaul and they'll be done down here.

No official 1x800 as of yet, but I have spotted it a few times when it was most likely in testing.

The in-laws will be switching within a month or two, so hopefully 1x800 will be active by then.

Almost all of them! Just 2 remaining sites on Wilson Hospital and 20 Hawley street that remain Non-NV. Only a few other sites need LTE backhaul and they'll be done down here.

No official 1x800 as of yet, but I have spotted it a few times when it was most likely in testing.

The in-laws will be switching within a month or two, so hopefully 1x800 will be active by then.

Your right I just looked, I noticed that the upstate central market is the slowest with upgrades, Rochester is good, Buffalo is getting there.  The only eye sore (by looking at the not complete maps) we got is the "buf" switch for some odd reason site in the Henrietta area. I have a feeling they will probably deactivate that. 

However I can no longer enjoy LTE because I had to switch back to my old trusty EVO 3D the other day.  I was having too many issues with the EVO LTE screen not responding half of the time, other times it would just start freaking out and doing its own thing, I was so close to smashing that phone to pieces... It got really frustrating when I was in the middle of something and needed to call someone and It wouldn't let me press anything, I have heard of this issue before and repairing it isnt worth it to me, its just a piece of junk phone.  Oh well Wimax still works at my house but I dont use it much.  

It does. My dad just got one and it says so on the bands on the box.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

However I can no longer enjoy LTE because I had to switch back to my old trusty EVO 3D the other day. I was having too many issues with the EVO LTE screen not responding half of the time, other times it would just start freaking out and doing its own thing, I was so close to smashing that phone to pieces... It got really frustrating when I was in the middle of something and needed to call someone and It wouldn't let me press anything, I have heard of this issue before and repairing it isnt worth it to me, its just a piece of junk phone. Oh well Wimax still works at my house but I dont use it much.

You get wimax? I am so jealous. Waiting until lte is working at my house before I upgrade my wimax photon.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2

Yes the tower is .30 miles from my house :)

Lol. My closest wimax tower is like almost 30 miles away. The good news is that lte should be here very soon.

Jim, Sent from my Photon 4G using Tapatalk 2