HTC One Software Update 3.05.651.6 (not 4.4 yet apparently)

miguell2

I'm getting ready to download this now.

http://www.pocketables.com/2014/01/sprint-htc-updated-3-05-651-6-fixes-profileprl-bug.html

Here the sprint link:

https://community.sprint.com/baw/thread/146002

http://support.sprint.com/support/article/Find_and_update_the_software_version_on_your_HTC_One/WServiceAdvisory_542_GKB48984?INTNAV=SU:DP:OV:UG:HtcOne:FindAndUpdateTheSoftwareVersionOnYourHtcOne

Apparently these are the fixes

- WiFi always scanning for networks, even when the that option is turned off.
- Shorter WiFi range, causing more frequent disconnects.
- LTE not connecting.
- SIM card error messages that persist, even after a supposed fix was rolled out.
- Proximity sensor calibration issues.
- RSSI fix
- HD Voice Improvements
- PRL/Profile errors.

I'll be interested to see if this helps with LTE.  Last night I was running Signal Check Pro and noticed that once you moved out of LTE range, the phone was still reporting LTE connectivity to Signal Check Pro but no 4G icon.  If you toggled airplane mode then it would stop reporting to SCP.  And, yes, I have completely shut down SCP and restarted it while way out of range of an LTE tower and the phone was still telling SCP it had the LTE connection.  My guess is this would explain, at least partially, why the HTC One has been having some LTE problems.

I'm loading the update now and will test it again tonight on my way home.

I'll be interested to see if this helps with LTE.  Last night I was running Signal Check Pro and noticed that once you moved out of LTE range, the phone was still reporting LTE connectivity to Signal Check Pro but no 4G icon.  If you toggled airplane mode then it would stop reporting to SCP.  And, yes, I have completely shut down SCP and restarted it while way out of range of an LTE tower and the phone was still telling SCP it had the LTE connection.  My guess is this would explain, at least partially, why the HTC One has been having some LTE problems.

I'm loading the update now and will test it again tonight on my way home.

Well, this update did not fix the issue where the phone is reporting active LTE signal to Signal Check Pro for several minutes after having left an LTE area.  I am betting this is why the phone seems to have trouble reconnecting to LTE.

Mine just seems to hold on to LTE for a long time after its lost connectivity and then it goes into scanning every five to ten minutes, perhaps that's what you are referring to.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Well, this update did not fix the issue where the phone is reporting active LTE signal to Signal Check Pro for several minutes after having left an LTE area.  I am betting this is why the phone seems to have trouble reconnecting to LTE.

I remember this happening when I had the HTC ONE. What I believe happens is that the phone still gets the LTE signal, but it's too weak, so the phone opts to use 3G instead. Kind of like how you can tell the phone to ignore weak WiFi signals. The phone will still register the signal, but under a certain threshold, it will choose not to use it.

It could just be the design of the radio, and how HTC optimized the software to handle it.

-Luis

I remember this happening when I had the HTC ONE. What I believe happens is that the phone still gets the LTE signal, but it's too weak, so the phone opts to use 3G instead. Kind of like how you can tell the phone to ignore weak WiFi signals. The phone will still register the signal, but under a certain threshold, it will choose not to use it.

It could just be the design of the radio, and how HTC optimized the software to handle it.

-Luis

That would make sense except the signal that showed in Signal Check Pro was from a tower over 20 miles away from my house behind several hills.  There is no way that what was showing was valid.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Similar Content

• By transitwatch889
      So I got a HTC One from Asurion a few weeks back due to theft. The new HTC One has better battery stamina than the previous device. BUT, data seems to cut out periodically for no reason cycling between EVDO and LTE would this be a sim issue or a device issue.. When I go to signal check pro I connect to three separate LTE sites in my apt depending on where I am and when I go to the bathroom with my phone it switches to unknown site... before i force it to connect again by airplane or resetting the data connection. But it will drop the site again my dbm is about 104-113 signal is there its just dropping it... 

• By Mondays In Flames
      I have a question for you all, recently the flagship phones that have been coming out have all been pretty much on par with each other, with the key differentiators really being design, brand, and usability, among other things. I remember about a year ago or so, I used to look at Benchmark scores, and it really did influence what type of phone I was more prone to get.

But with the recent phones, notably the ONE and S4 with Sprint, there really isn't a big difference in scores and performance (The S4 gets higher scores), but that doesn't really seem to translate into better performance in real world tests (subjectively). My question is this: Do you look up certain objective facts, such as the benchmark scores, or are you more influence by the your own subjective observations, such as feel of the phone or brand?

-Luis

(The reason I'm asking is because articles keep pushing scores, and performance, one saying that the S4 isn't better than the iPhone 5, and that they fail to understand why someone would line up to buy the S4)
    • By kckid
      Technobuffalo had 3 articles testing different phones on T-Mobiles LTE network.

Here is a summary of the speed differences:

iPhone - Download: 32.32Mbps Upload: 13.57Mbps
      Note II - Download: 57.99Mbps Upload: 20.16Mbps
      HTC ONE - Download: 27Mbps Upload: 11.52MBps

Why is a big difference between the HTC ONE and the Note II.?
      I don't know how many test were run, and if these are averages, but it doesn't look good for HTC to be the slowest.
    • By kckid
      HTC is offering $100 or value of the phone to upgrade to the HTC One.

http://www.htc.com/us/smartphones/htc-one/signup

• By Feech
      http://www.androidguys.com/2013/01/04/htc-m7-set-to-have-simple-and-clean-ui-all-black-design/
    • Some more interesting articles on Dish: https://www.fiercewireless.com/5g/dish-wireless-bakes-core-principles-infrastructure-chua https://www.fiercewireless.com/tech/dish-eyes-5g-network-reliability-vericas-chaos-engineering-platform    
    • Financially makes sense, but may put them far behind T-Mobile and Verizon 5g marketing.  Could put them up against Dish if Dish gets their act together and starts their public network in Las Vegas in late February.
    • Fiercewireless put out an article today.  Sounds like AT&T wont get heavily started until later this year when equipment will be more available that supports both 3.45GHz and C-Band.
    • They are using DSS on B5 here, on one carrier. LTE-only on the other AFAIK. I kinda hope AT&T doesn't turn DSS on in markets where dropping H+ bumps them from 5x5 for everything else to 10x10. They have 10x10 of B14 and 5x5-10x10 of B12 to throw users on, and with the delays to their C-Band deployment due to waiting for gear their network is effectively LTE-only in many areas despite an increasing proportion of 5G phones. The network was doing just fine without the extra B5 bandwidth, so not a whole lot of reason to basically go backwards when they said they're dropping 3G to expand 5G.
    • DISH Sets Data in Motion with Confluent, Unlocking the Power of the First 5G Smart Network™   https://ir.dish.com/news-releases/news-release-details/dish-sets-data-motion-confluent-unlocking-power-first-5g-smart