Thoughts on the Sony VAIO Flip

twospirits

I gave my thoughts on the Samsung ATIV Q a while back and since that device has been hampered (supposedly with patent related issues) I started eyeing other devices in the mean time.

With the Q on the backburner and the Asus Trio only available in Australia (no word on US deployment) the idea of a dual OS machine is beyond reach for now. So i will have to fall back on a getting non-dual OS machine. 

With that decision, I'm now looking at both the Acer R7 and Sony VAIO Flip. With the Sony taking the lead so far.

has anyone else seen the R7 or the Flip (either in person or in articles) and felt that it may be worthy.

TS 

Need maybe not 100 % but it does help when want to be in tablet mode which is about 80%. I went to best buy and tried it and fell in love with it, so I bought it on the spot. I opened it up last night and it seems the Wifi and SSD drive can be upgraded. So far its working pretty well. Doing battery tests on it now.

TS

• 2 weeks later...

Over a week with the Flip and it has exceeded my expectations. I do find the tablet mode is quite useful. I have yet to use the presentation mode though. The only sore note is the fan. To me its quiet enough in normal usage, but when using intensive apps, the fan can get loud. The other is battery life, which I've only gotten up to 5-6 hours on it.

Beyond those two cons, its really nice. I've enen installed the newer bluestacks and can use some of the android apps that I really love on it.

TS

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png

• Was able to install the March 1 Android security patch. Seems slightly more accurate with 5g ca band id, but can not swear by it. Updated google play system update through the software information screen to March 1. *#73# still works. Froze updates waiting on SCP update beta to fix n41 showing as n38.
    • Just installed it. Thanks for the info.  71 mb mar 1st date.
    • There's a permit for a new 47 story building at 205 Montague St in Downtown Brooklyn. The problem is that  T-Mobile eNB 48352 is on the building next door and this new building will block two out of 3 sectors of the site. For reference, the new building will be roughly as tall as 16 Court St which is right across the street. This site is the primary site covering Cadman Plaza so I wonder what the plan is. Will they just try to change sector placement, move to a different building, or will this just speed up the conversion of the Sprint site at 25 Monroe Place?
    • At least not recently.  I think I might have seen this a year ago.  Not Sure.
    • Did they previously hop between n38 and n41 in prior version of SCP, or have you always seen n41 displayed properly?