Would google maps engine pro work for s4gru sponsor maps?

mc_gusto

http://www.theverge.com/2013/10/21/4862300/google-tries-to-bring-business-data-down-to-earth-with-google-maps-pro

http://www.google.com/enterprise/mapsearth/products/mapsengine.html

Some highlights include:

-updating maps by updating/importing a spreadsheet instead of the map.

-share maps privately

-available separate android app for viewing maps on phones/devices easier. (Ios comes later)

-only $5 per user. I would pay that (+Overhead) for a well built app.

I can imagine this might be a lot less work for Robert especially if he gets all his info in a spreadsheet form anyway.

I'm not sure how it's done now but sounds time consuming.

Just thought I would throw it out there since it was announced today. Sounds interesting.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Tapatalk

Our Google Fusion Maps are spreadsheet based. I export from the database as a spreadsheet and import into Fusion Tables which turns it into the map.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 1

Our Google Fusion Maps are spreadsheet based. I export from the database as a spreadsheet and import into Fusion Tables which turns it into the map.

Robert via Samsung Note 8.0 using Tapatalk Pro

Super, super simple! (Sandra Lee voice)

I may not know much about maps, but I really like the new maps compared to the old ones. They load fast and the scrolling is very smooth.

(My two very insignificant cents cause I don't know about maps)

-Luis

I hope Google Fusion tables doesn't go away due to this as it already does all of this.

This is my fear too. Though, I think this is more in line with "Map Maker" vs Fusion Tables. FT supports 100k rows of data to plot, vs 2,000 here. I imagine this is a easy to use, friendly UI, telephone support, etc.

Also, you cant get Fusion Tables on business Google App accounts that are paid, this gives them a way to get that as well, just in a smaller dose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD