question about legacy antenna removal

nowerlater

so my question is simply when they take legacy antenna off of a site that has nv antenna does it mean its getting ready to be 3g-4g accepted? it already broadcast 1x 800 and i do know it has fiber already in place. thanks.

If they are removing legacy equipment, the site probably has already been at least 3G accepted. The fact that 1x800 is broadcasting would strongly suggest that.

• Like 2

i do know on the nv accepted map it shows as 800 only.

We have no sites that have been accepted 800 only to do date.  All CDMA 800 sites are either 3G/800 or 3G/800/4G.

Robert

• Like 1

i do know on the nv accepted map it shows as 800 only.

I think it shows 3G/800. I don't recall any acceptance showing 800 only (but I could be wrong). I wouldn't assume that 4G is imminent if they are removing legacy equipment. We have several sites around here that have had legacy equipment removed months ago that I don't think will go 4G anytime soon.

• Like 2

We have no sites that have been accepted 800 only to do date.  All CDMA 800 sites are either 3G/800 or 3G/800/4G.

Robert

Thanks for confirming that!

Robert

Thanks Robert, i meant 3g/800, i was typing after a 16 hr work day.

I think it shows 3G/800. I don't recall any acceptance showing 800 only (but I could be wrong). I wouldn't assume that 4G is imminent if they are removing legacy equipment. We have several sites around here that have had legacy equipment removed months ago that I don't think will go 4G anytime soon.

Thanks cdk, i just wanted to make sure i wasnt going to get all excited over nothing.