Strange PN offset and LTE physical identity (SCID) assignments in Michigan

I don't have much knowledge about wireless technology so bear with me if I'm missing something.  I understand the basics of PNs and LTE IDs.  I'll be making another post asking for more information on all sector identifiers so look out for that. ;)  But first I was wondering what's going on in Michigan.

I just recently started tracking PNs and SCIDs, although I had already been tracking BIDs.  I can't track the HEX cell identities cause I don't have the right phone and I don't know of a database with them.  From what I've read and what I've seen in other markets, PN offsets tend to be sequential and differ by either 3 or 6 between the sectors of a site.  I also noticed LTE physical identities tend to differ by 169 between the sectors of a site.  For the sites around me I've been able to confirm the numbers for I get the following values:

PN offset (N, SE, SW)

Site 1: 114, 270, 348

Site 2: 18, 333, 444

Site 3: 495, 93, 315 (sectors are actually N, N, SW)

Site 4: 54, 267, 438

LTE physical identity/3 digit SCID (N, SE, SW)

Site 1: 21, 403, 26

Site 2: 406, 15, 11

Site 3: 203, 123, 220 (sectors are actually N, N, SW)

Site 4: 233, 223, 138

Is this normal?  I'm not seeing much of a pattern here, and these things have to be planned ahead since they are non-unique but can't overlap.  It's making it a serious pain to track them, since I have to be certain of what sector I'm connected to AND have to get all 3 for every site.  I'd much rather there be a pattern so I could drive by, grab one of them, and figure out the rest based on the one. Thoughts?

Unfortunately, you are in a Samsung market (so am I), and the "169" offset for LTE sector ID's doesn't work. Wirhout a phone or hotspot that gives you the LTE cell ID, it is very difficukt to identify LTE sites.

Unfortunately, you are in a Samsung market (so am I), and the "169" offset for LTE sector ID's doesn't work. Wirhout a phone or hotspot that gives you the LTE cell ID, it is very difficukt to identify LTE sites.

But will there be a pattern?  They can't just randomly assign them or they'll interfere, but I dunno if it's a complex assignment method that will seem arbitrary or if I collect enough of them I'll be able to extrapolate a pattern/algorithm. 

Is there any Samsung market that is well-documented?  I just noticed there's some info on Columbus in the sponsor section, but there the PNs always appear to differ by 3. :/

What offset are the basestation IDs?

One.  Most of them follow the same pattern when converted to HEX as your 1x800 towers but with a few not fitting.  There are plenty of gaps but I'm still missing a lot of towers and I'm wondering if they'll change the ones that don't fit the pattern as well. 

Yeah the 169 thing doesn't apply here.  The LTE sectors aren't sequentially numbered, but I can't find any pattern at all to them.

We have a site nearby that has sectors 465, 20, and 414.  The only thing I know must be maintained is that there cannot be two identically numbered sectors within radio range of each other.

• Like 1