Buying a phone off-contract...where?

Overboost

Hello all. I've recently decided to upgrade from my Evo LTE to the HTC One, but still have some time left on my contract. The plan is to find someone selling a new in box One and pick one up. Now, Sprint wants $550 plus tax to get one at the stores, and the big box stores are even worse. Does anyone know where to find off-contract new phones for a decent price (besides eBay)?

Try calling and explaining your case to Care. If he or she balks ask for someone in retention and see what they can do. If you're a good, longtime loyal customer they may help you.

They wanted the same price as the store. I've tried Amazon, BB, Wirefly, etc.

Try calling and explaining your case to Care. If he or she balks ask for someone in retention and see what they can do. If you're a good, longtime loyal customer they may help you.

I'll give it a shot. I've tried this in the past with phone launches and it never seems to end well. I basically get told that "you'll have to wait until your contract is up" line. Now, that is of course without going off the deep end and trying to be reasonable.

I'll give it a shot. I've tried this in the past with phone launches and it never seems to end well. I basically get told that "you'll have to wait until your contract is up" line. Now, that is of course without going off the deep end and trying to be reasonable.

I got a free S4 and a nice service credit from Sprint because my contract was almost up, I was a customer for about 20 years and I had MASSIVE signal problems. But that was a very peculiar circumstance.

I got a free S4 and a nice service credit from Sprint because my contract was almost up, I was a customer for about 20 years and I had MASSIVE signal problems. But that was a very peculiar circumstance.

Wow, nice! The last time I had a serious issue with my Pre, they just gave me a new one instead of a refurb and a decent service credit for 2 years. Never managed to get a new phone out of the deal.

I can tell you right now, you aren't going to find a price for a brand new phone lower than Sprints. They charge you what the actual msrp is, everyone else marks it up $50 +. For example, off contract price at BestBuy and RadioShack are $100+ of what Sprint's is. Take it from Someone who does get his phones off contract.

• Like 2