Verizon looks to purchase remaining stakes from Vodafone

SpenceSouth

Verizon communications is looking to purchase the the 45% of Verizon Wireless that it doesn't own from Vodaphone. Currently, they are trying to raise $100 billion for the transaction.

I don't know what this would mean in the large scheme of things, but it certainly an interesting development

"Verizon Communications has hired advisers to prepare a possible $100 billion cash and stock bid to take full control of Verizon Wireless from its partner Vodafone, two people familiar with the matter said.".

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/04/25/us-verizonwireless-verizon-idUSBRE93O02C20130425

I would hope that VZ would not give $100 million to Vodaphone because that sounds like an e-mail phishing scam. On the other hand, buying out its partner Vodafone could be a good move for VZ.

;)

AJ

My first impression was that they were going to be spending a lot of money that would not be going into their network. Opportunity for Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T?

Verizon has a ton of cash, plus with their market cap, I'm sure they can raise the funds to do so.