Sprint WP? This is HUGE for many of us

Matthias

http://www.theverge.com/2012/2/29/2830246/windows-phone-8-dual-core-qualcomm-sprint

I know of many people interested in this and this will be very good news for us, especially if we see it before August :-)

• Like 1

Very nice. I've no real interest in Windows phones, but the people I know that have them are pretty happy with them. The more LTE/Phone options Sprint has to offer the better.

• Like 3

Very nice. I've no real interest in Windows phones, but the people I know that have them are pretty happy with them. The more LTE/Phone options Sprint has to offer the better.

I have been an Android user for almost 3 years now and a xda member and contributor, I have lost interest in Android phone for me and think WP7 is a good alternative to move to. Even though I don't want an Android, I still hope Sprint gets more and improves their Android lineup. I figure more choice for everyone :-)

I have been an Android user for almost 3 years now and a xda member and contributor, I have lost interest in Android phone for me and think WP7 is a good alternative to move to. Even though I don't want an Android, I still hope Sprint gets more and improves their Android lineup. I figure more choice for everyone :-)

I'm all about choices! I also edited the Topic title to add WP and Sprint so readers would have a little better idea what the topic is about. Thanks!

• Like 1

I'm all about choices! I also edited the Topic title to add WP and Sprint so readers would have a little better idea what the topic is about. Thanks!

Thanks S4GRU, I appreciate it.

I would like to see just an all round solid Sprint lineup for each kind of phone, Android, WP, iPhone, Blackberry, non-smartphones, etc. I am pushing WP7, partly because I want one, but mostly due to the lack of choice they offer at this time. I think Sprint should get 3-4 WP phones by the end of the year including the one they have.

Absolutely no way I touch W8 phone. They r way too far behind to deal with those struggles. I'm all about early adapting new tech but I'd be giving up way too much leaving android for it.

Would think this is referring to the 8960PRO chip they just talked about as they hit on it being windows 8 capable and all...

What will make me upset is if Sprint ditches further effort of having android flagship device in order to do the WM8 devices...

Who's going to leave android or iOS for WM8?? I'd bet not many at all...

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk

Absolutely no way I touch W8 phone. They r way too far behind to deal with those struggles. I'm all about early adapting new tech but I'd be giving up way too much leaving android for it.

Would think this is referring to the 8960PRO chip they just talked about as they hit on it being windows 8 capable and all...

What will make me upset is if Sprint ditches further effort of having android flagship device in order to do the WM8 devices...

Who's going to leave android or iOS for WM8?? I'd bet not many at all...

Well we started a petition that got over 2000 signatures of people which have decision power over more than 25,000 Sprint lines (I have 5 lines myself, some of them were business owners with 30-50 lines), many of which are current Android and/or iPhone users. Also it was one of the biggest talking points for the February meeting of the Sprint Advocacy group which has a lot of influence when working with Sprint. So the interest is definitely there, rather you share it or not.

No one who is asking for WP7/8 phones is asking Sprint to stop getting the iPhone or Android phones, we are asking them to give us more good choices. Regardless I think Sprint needs to do some spring cleaning (lol, since they will get a new lineup in the spring) on their Android lineup, if it is not a great phone at that price point, get rid of it, keep only the best ones for customers :-)

Well we started a petition that got over 2000 signatures of people which have decision power over more than 25,000 Sprint lines (I have 5 lines myself, some of them were business owners with 30-50 lines), many of which are current Android and/or iPhone users. Also it was one of the biggest talking points for the February meeting of the Sprint Advocacy group which has a lot of influence when working with Sprint. So the interest is definitely there, rather you share it or not.

No one who is asking for WP7/8 phones is asking Sprint to stop getting the iPhone or Android phones, we are asking them to give us more good choices. Regardless I think Sprint needs to do some spring cleaning (lol, since they will get a new lineup in the spring) on their Android lineup, if it is not a great phone at that price point, get rid of it, keep only the best ones for customers :-)

wasn't saying they shouldn't cary them or that I was against them doing so. Just that if they do it should not take away from the focus on android at all. they dont have to do anything with iPhone as Apple has control over that completely.

Im all for pushing for what people want but 2k sigs or 25k lines seems like a small % to be wanting a change, no???

btw how many are apart of sprint advocacy group, and how do you become part of it? I saw the post in the sprint.com community forums about the sample topics for what could be discussed in the february meeting but nothing after the meeting if that happened already...

Edited by Sgt. Slaughter

The meeting was already held for February, I believe it was around the middle of the month. I have been talking with SA_Doc who is a member and gave some WP updates to us on the WP portion of Sprint's forum. Membership as I understand it is decided by Sprint, it is people who are very active on the Sprint forum and show that they have a good understanding of Sprint customers. Only a limited number are Sprint Advocates, I think I have only encountered 3-4 on the forums, but I am sure there are more (probably no more than 10-15 total).

As far as the signatures and petition go, just realize that is just those who know about the petition. If that many signed it in less than a week, imagine how many who didn't know about it that might wanted to sign. Plus if enough users actually want one, imagine how many walk into a store and try out phones could or would decide on one. The number can add up pretty quickly.

Sorry if I came off a little defensive in my last post Sgt; I have gotten use to having to defend myself from personal attacks the I talk about wanting more WP choices (for some reason people think that means I want to limit the iPhone and Android and so thus choose to attack my desire to have WP choices). This forum is not bad at it, but a few other forums I do post on can be downright rude about it. Again I apologize if I came off defensive in my last post.

The meeting was already held for February, I believe it was around the middle of the month. I have been talking with SA_Doc who is a member and gave some WP updates to us on the WP portion of Sprint's forum. Membership as I understand it is decided by Sprint, it is people who are very active on the Sprint forum and show that they have a good understanding of Sprint customers. Only a limited number are Sprint Advocates, I think I have only encountered 3-4 on the forums, but I am sure there are more (probably no more than 10-15 total).

As far as the signatures and petition go, just realize that is just those who know about the petition. If that many signed it in less than a week, imagine how many who didn't know about it that might wanted to sign. Plus if enough users actually want one, imagine how many walk into a store and try out phones could or would decide on one. The number can add up pretty quickly.

Sorry if I came off a little defensive in my last post Sgt; I have gotten use to having to defend myself from personal attacks the I talk about wanting more WP choices (for some reason people think that means I want to limit the iPhone and Android and so thus choose to attack my desire to have WP choices). This forum is not bad at it, but a few other forums I do post on can be downright rude about it. Again I apologize if I came off defensive in my last post.

Not at all man. No worries.

My only thing is choice is good long as it doesn't effect other present choices. Like having more WP should not effect the # android or other things they may want to have.

Just my opinion there specifically with android. I'd hate for them to have to pass on an android phone bc they purchased a WP is all.

It will be interesting to see which OEM this is pushed to or allowed to have. Although the Nokia/WP combo is gaining traction and getting the OS some necessary exposure, this chip set could be the turning point for WP that allows the OS to take off. I like the performance and execution of WP much better then iOS. If only they could do something about the tiles. They just don't work for me in this current setup.

I would like Nokia to be the one to get this to Sprint, but I like HTC quite well also. Nokia is just making the highest quality WP7 phones at the moment and they look amazing also. Nokia Lumia 900 with the S4 inside it would be amazing :-)

• Like 1