Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

Nope. Sprint antennas are on Arco Arena.

Basic sponsors have access to my created map that has exact address and locations of all Sprint cell sites in our market along with their current status if you're interested in that sort of knowledge. 

Do you or anyone know who operates out of the Inderkum football field tower? And what sort of work are they doing there? Seems interesting that they put up a mobile cell tower while doing work on the pre-existing tower.

Do you or anyone know who operates out of the Inderkum football field tower? And what sort of work are they doing there? Seems interesting that they put up a mobile cell tower while doing work on the pre-existing tower.

I and many others here can identify whose equipment belongs to who from good quality pictures of antennas, radio heads, and cabinets. Most active carrier right now other than Sprint is Verizon who's been busy for the past 9 months upgrading their network to AWS capability. 

Nope. Sprint antennas are on Arco Arena.

Basic sponsors have access to my created map that has exact address and locations of all Sprint cell sites in our market along with their current status if you're interested in that sort of knowledge. 

Also, where on Arco are the Sprint towers? I think you told me before once that there are towers on Arco, but I want to know where they are attached. I'll need to look closer at Arco.

Also, where on Arco are the Sprint towers? I think you told me before once that there are towers on Arco, but I want to know where they are attached. I'll need to look closer at Arco.

I wold guess it's up somewhere on the roof and probably hidden behind parapets which you can see on Google maps / earth. 

I wold guess it's up somewhere on the roof and probably hidden behind parapets which you can see on Google maps / earth.

What's aws capadability?

I read that part of nv 2.0 rollout is upgrading towers to esmr800, so for example are the towers that are accepted here in roseville esmr800 accepted?

What's aws capadability?

I read that part of nv 2.0 rollout is upgrading towers to esmr800, so for example are the towers that are accepted here in roseville esmr800 accepted?

1700/2100.

No. eSMR 800 LTE requires eCSFB compliance (NV 3G + eCSFB software update) and cluster launching in addition to backhaul. Roseville has none of those and none are planned yet for this area. Closest place that might get LTE 800 anytime soon is probably Modesto area or up in Yuba city or down towards Dixon / Vacaville. 

1700/2100.

No. eSMR 800 LTE requires eCSFB compliance (NV 3G + eCSFB software update) and cluster launching in addition to backhaul. Roseville has none of those and none are planned yet for this area. Closest place that might get LTE 800 anytime soon is probably Modesto area or up in Yuba city or down towards Dixon / Vacaville.

Esmr 800 LTE reaches further rite?

And that's why rite now sprint and T-Mobile ate struggling in rural coverage?

In rural spacing one 700/800 mhz tower can cover the distance of about 3 PCS 1900 towers.

Not to mention Verizon and ATT went on a buying spree and bought out many rural carriers which helped a lot since they didn't have to build out native coverage ($billions with little to gain). Sprint and T-mobile has no such liberties but Sprint is fighting back with their alliance with CCA & NetAmerica announced about two weeks ago. 

In rural spacing one 700/800 mhz tower can cover the distance of about 3 PCS 1900 towers.

Not to mention Verizon and ATT went on a buying spree and bought out the rural carriers which helped a lot since they didn't have to build out native coverage. Sprint and T-mobile has no such liberties but Sprint is fighting back with their alliance with CCA & NetAmerica announced about two weeks ago.

Ah ic. But verizon and at&t are kinda struggling with LTE capacity cause of there LTE only running on 700/800mhz towers? And that's why verizon is rolling out aws capadability?

Ah ic. But verizon and at&t are kinda struggling with LTE capacity cause of there LTE only running on 700/800mhz towers? And that's why verizon is rolling out aws capadability?

Exactly.

Verizon main LTE band (10x10 750mhz) was overloaded to hell nationwide and they had to do something and thus am rolling out another LTE carrier to offload capacity. I believe they are able to use 15x15  in Sacramento after their spectrum swap with T-mobile a few months back. 

ATTs micromanaging their network extremely efficiently due to their very diverse amount of spectrum. In Sacramento, ATT has a 5mhz FDD-LTE 700 B17 carrier. They'll most likely aggregate it with the 10mhz of AWS they have to increase capacity and speeds.

Sprint has the absolute most potential capacity with 20 mhz total of PCS / full 7 mhz of eSMR 800 along with 55 mhz of BRS 2500 and at least 40+ mhz of EBS 2600. They just have to deploy it ...

Exactly.

Verizon main LTE band (10x10 750mhz) was overloaded to hell nationwide and they had to do something and thus am rolling out another LTE carrier to offload capacity. I believe they are able to use 15x15 in Sacramento after their spectrum swap with T-mobile a few months back.

ATTs micromanaging their network extremely efficiently due to their very diverse amount of spectrum. In Sacramento, ATT has a 5mhz FDD-LTE 700 B17 carrier. They'll most likely aggregate it with the 10mhz of AWS they have to increase capacity and speeds.

Sprint has the absolute most potential capacity with 20 mhz total of PCS / full 7 mhz of eSMR 800 along with 55 mhz of BRS 2500 and at east 40+ mhz of EBS 2600. They just have to deploy it ...

Wow interesting info!

And that's why Verizon and ATT can't offer unlimited data cause of capacity? Or is there another reason?

Wow interesting info!

And that's why Verizon and ATT can't offer unlimited data cause of capacity? Or is there another reason?

Capacity and the want to squeeze more money out of existing subs. 

But better for sprint and T-Mobile. The nv accepted 3g in elk grove does it run on 800 or not?

Check Sponsor maps. It has detailed information about NV accepted towers.

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/3724-upper-central-valley-market-network-vision-permits-progress/

Looks like UC Davis finally hooked up fiber to the Sprint site there!

really?  I'm sitting directly under the site right now and am on 3G.  I did a profile update and had LTE for about 3 seconds and went straight back to 3G, but that has been the behavior here for the past couple weeks.