Network Vision/LTE - Upper Central Valley Market (Sacramento, Stockton, Redding, Eureka & Reno/Lake Tahoe)

iwalkthrowwalls

I'd be stoked with even 8 Mbps down.

Certain parts of SF (mainly downtown) are down to a consistent 2-4 Mbps (near the Costco for example).  That said, AT&T and Verizon have also suffered from areas where it's dropped to near 3G speeds.  Far sight better than the 3G I get now from Sprint, but still noticeably "slow."

A consistent minimum of 8 would be fabulous though.  On a mobile device, that's still fine for streaming video IMO.

I'd be stoked with even 8 Mbps down. Certain parts of SF (mainly downtown) are down to a consistent 2-4 Mbps (near the Costco for example). That said, AT&T and Verizon have also suffered from areas where it's dropped to near 3G speeds. Far sight better than the 3G I get now from Sprint, but still noticeably "slow." A consistent minimum of 8 would be fabulous though. On a mobile device, that's still fine for streaming video IMO.

more than enough and pretty consistent driving around Roseville

post-19370-0-22726700-1371840267_thumb.png

• Like 1

I just spoke to the tower workers off of litchen and bramstone and they said lte will take another month to activate because of testing and configuration.

boooo

Sent from my Sprint Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk 2

I just spoke to the tower workers off of litchen and bramstone and they said lte will take another month to activate because of testing and configuration.

Sounds about right. 30-45 days after work begin is the average for when a cell site is formally done. Doesn't mean they can't start testing signals earlier than that...

Sounds about right. 30-45 days after work begin is the average for when a cell site is formally done. Doesn't mean they can't start testing signals earlier than that...[/quote

The new antennas and rrus are on

Sounds about right. 30-45 days after work begin is the average for when a cell site is formally done. Doesn't mean they can't start testing signals earlier than that...

Probably cabinet work and the wiring stuff that is not on the tower. As I said before, on average, Samsung crews take 30-45 days to bring up a working signal and acceptance. Doesn't mean they can't get it done faster or take longer..

Probably cabinet work and the wiring stuff that is not on the tower. As I said before, on average, Samsung crews take 30-45 days to bring up a working signal and acceptance. Doesn't mean they can't get it done faster or take longer..

Yeah I get that. He said another 30 days for testing and configuration

Yeah I get that. He said another 30 days for testing and configuration

Probably a standard time frame that they go by to get everything correct. Be happy if you get a testing signal but don't fret if you don't. Lots of variables and things that make each cell site unique. 

Probably a standard time frame that they go by to get everything correct. Be happy if you get a testing signal but don't fret if you don't. Lots of variables and things that make each cell site unique.

Yeah I guess

So this may have already been asked or covered but does anyone know roughly how long it should take to finish Sacramento?

Completely? At least mid 2014 for all 500+ cell sites. 

Get sufficient coverage for most places in the market? End of the year. 

Completely? At least mid 2014 for all 500+ cell sites. 

Get sufficient coverage for most places in the market? End of the year. 

So it's possible to not get 4g lte in downtown Sac for months still?

Downtown Sacramento? I wouldn't expect anything till at least august /september time frame at the rate Sprint contractors are applying permits for city of sacramento and somehow forgetting to pay their fees or provide sufficient documents / properly filled out applications. 

The area from arden-arcade out towards roseville and orangevale and other areas around the market will probably be flushed out with upgraded cell sites in the next 3 months and possibly have LTE at most places over there. The perks of being part of a much faster & easier permitting / zoning environment (unincorporated areas).

Downtown Sacramento? I wouldn't expect anything till at least august /september time frame at the rate Sprint contractors are applying permits for city of sacramento and somehow forgetting to pay their fees or provide sufficient documents / properly filled out applications.

The area from arden-arcade out towards roseville and orangevale and other areas around the market will probably be flushed out with upgraded cell sites in the next 3 months and possibly have LTE at most places over there. The perks of being part of a much faster & easier permitting / zoning environment (unincorporated areas).

This is why my friends company loves him in the field as a radio technician. They don't get payed by the carriers without a proper closeout, which most people take days to weeks to do. He always does his before he leaves the site. I wish his crew was working on Sprints stuff, but they do high end jobs that need to be done yesterday, which equals more money.

Actually just checked up on the handful of permits applied in downtown area. One of them is actually moving along after a month and a half of inactivity and reached the "processing" stage which basically means almost issuance within the next week... still have unpaid fees though...

Possibly LTE at the end of july around 15th street & P / Q / S streets in the near future...

Edit: hmm... several others are also marked as approved ... 

• Like 1

I'm at the Sacramento building permits site, trying to look for a specific tower right next to an intersection. Using Google maps doesn't give me an address so I need pointers! Halp Meh Plox.

Edited by Kevin47Pr

I'm at the Sacramento building permits site, trying to look for a specific tower right next to an intersection. Using Google maps doesn't give me an address so I need pointers! Halp Meh Plox.

zzzz....

http://assessorparcelviewer.saccounty.net/GISViewer/Default.aspx

http://www.cityofsacramento.org/dsd/reference/development-activity-reports/

Or if it's a specific cell site location than that's sponsor information. 

Actually just checked up on the handful of permits applied in downtown area. One of them is actually moving along after a month and a half of inactivity and reached the "processing" stage which basically means almost issuance within the next week... still have unpaid fees though...

Possibly LTE at the end of july around 15th street & P / Q / S streets in the near future...

Edit: hmm... several others are also marked as approved ... 

The sooner the better. I'm hoping to stick around for the unlimited bandwidth but the 50k down speeds make it difficult. I am also hoping that they keep the unlimited around after the network is finished nationwide. I have a sneaking suspiscion that it will go away once they have an actual usable data network. Thoughts?

Does sprint have a phone that uses all 3 networks CDMA wimax and lte? I know my sisters Samsung note 2 for T-Mobile uses lte regular 4g and 3g

Yes right now it has all 3 but wimax will be fazed out eventually. I think the time frame is like 2015.

Yes right now it has all 3 but wimax will be fazed out eventually. I think the time frame is like 2015.

I mean using all 3 on one phone

I mean using all 3 on one phone

No phone that Sprint has supports all three. It's either wimax or lte. All phones are CDMA.