text from sprint about NV

This canned text has been available for Care reps to send to customers that are experiencing Network Vision-related disruptions since the build-out started. It may be that they are taking a more proactive approach now that NV is getting into full swing for the next phases.

I recieved that one also. Im in the same market as you. I have all nv upgrades and speeds are great (portland in)

I was in ft wayne 3 days ago and it was a mess. At least we know its going to be finished soon

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

• 4 weeks later...

I recieved that one also. Im in the same market as you. I have all nv upgrades and speeds are great (portland in)

I was in ft wayne 3 days ago and it was a mess. At least we know its going to be finished soon

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

It is a absolute mess. If i walk from home to work, the service is un real. But If I drive, service doesn't compare. it's weird

It is a absolute mess. If i walk from home to work, the service is un real. But If I drive, service doesn't compare. it's weird

I assume you don't get an LTE signal inside your home or office. A quick trip in the car might be shorter than the interval between your device's searches for LTE service, resulting in no search for LTE service during a quick drive to work.

When you get into your vehicle, try cycling airplane mode, which will force the device to look for LTE service. I do that when I run Sensorly to map a service area, and the phone will find LTE when airplane mode goes off where it wasn't using LTE when I entered airplane mode.

I assume you don't get an LTE signal inside your home or office. A quick trip in the car might be shorter than the interval between your device's searches for LTE service, resulting in no search for LTE service during a quick drive to work.

When you get into your vehicle, try cycling airplane mode, which will force the device to look for LTE service. I do that when I run Sensorly to map a service area, and the phone will find LTE when airplane mode goes off where it wasn't using LTE when I entered airplane mode.

Well, It's super weird. i walk from the entrance to the back, where I live. If I walk, I get great service. only 4MB down. But I'm walking out my door, and I get 4+ bars. 7 ft away. Near full service, I walk towards my door. service falls. I walk inside And I switch to 4G and 1-2 bars.

Well, It's super weird. i walk from the entrance to the back, where I live. If I walk, I get great service. only 4MB down. But I'm walking out my door, and I get 4+ bars. 7 ft away. Near full service, I walk towards my door. service falls. I walk inside And I switch to 4G and 1-2 bars.

It most likely means you're getting service from the other side of your house and your house is blocking the signal. For instance, if the signal was coming from a site to your north, and your front door was on the south side of your house then in your back yard you could have a good signal (IG your neighboring building behind you is not too close). You could also have a weak but usable signal inside. However, the south side of your house would be poor or not usable.

But outside your front door you would be in an RF shadow created by your home. As you walk away from your front door toward the street you move farther out of the RF shadow and signal would reappear and get stronger. Probably more and more until you get to the first building across the street.

This is common when you get more than 50% of the coverage distance away from a site when you're on LTE 1900. And this may be what you're experiencing.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

It most likely means you're getting service from the other side of your house and your house is blocking the signal. For instance, if the signal was coming from a site to your north, and your front door was on the south side of your house then in your back yard you could have a good signal (IG your neighboring building behind you is not too close). You could also have a weak but usable signal inside. However, the south side of your house would be poor or not usable.

But outside your front door you would be in an RF shadow created by your home. As you walk away from your front door toward the street you move farther out of the RF shadow and signal would reappear and get stronger. Probably more and more until you get to the first building across the street.

This is common when you get more than 50% of the coverage distance away from a site when you're on LTE 1900. And this may be what you're experiencing.

Robert via Nexus 7 with Tapatalk HD

If I walk out my door, to the right is a tower I've been connecting to lately. That's the one that 2 months ago, I never connected to. The one by 69 is the one i was always connected to.