Sprint 4G LTE Tri-Fi Hotspot Questions

eSchreibman

(Sorry if this is in the wrong forum, didn't see one for data devices)

Couple of questions on this one:

1. How do you 'really' perform a master reset? The sprint instructions here walk you through pressing the reset button and confirming with the power button, This does NOT clear the device SSID or administrator password. On the device webpage, there is an option to reset to factory, but it requires an SPC code. Any ideas?
  2. Using External Antennae other than the cradle. I'm looking for an alternative to the Sierra Wireless Tri-Fi Hotspot Desktop Cradle for an external antennae, I dont really need the ability to charge, and would like the ability to extend the antennae a couple of feet from the device. Can anyone advise of the connector type I'd need (its not in the device specs in the manual) and possibly recommend an antennae pair? I'm focused on improving 4G LTE signals.

Thanks!

How do you 'really' perform a master reset? The sprint instructions here walk you through pressing the reset button and confirming with the power button, This does NOT clear the device SSID or administrator password. On the device webpage, there is an option to reset to factory, but it requires an SPC code. Any ideas?

That "SPC Code" is, iirc, the MSL. Contact Sprint technical support (888-211-4727, option 4, 4) or take it in to a repair center.

• Like 1