LTE works on Cruise Ship

kckid

This is my daughter texting me and teasing that she is getting LTE after the Cruise Ship left dock in Ft. Lauderdale.

SvFEU.png

Running on LTE still haha

Before I received the Jelly Bean update for the Evo LTE, I was always asking her if she had LTE on her phone.

• Like 1

Just one more place that gets LTE before Phoenix :P

Assuming that bars(1x/3G) and LTE is coming from the same tower, signal strength seems to be quite good(dependent on how far off the coast she was).

iPhone 5 shows signal strength of LTE or highest data connection available.

• Like 1

This is my daughter texting me and teasing that she is getting LTE after the Cruise Ship left dock in Ft. Lauderdale.

Running on LTE still haha

Before I received the Jelly Bean update for the Evo LTE' date=' I was always asking her if she had LTE on her phone.[/quote']

Had this same thing happen in Galveston back in September. Thought it was strange that my evo could pick it up inside cruise ship, but not driving down the road.

Had this same thing happen in Galveston back in September. Thought it was strange that my evo could pick it up inside cruise ship, but not driving down the road.

Your car would do much better for LTE reception if it was several stories in the air above the ground clutter like a cruise ship.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

The part that got me was that I got it in the interior hallways, not just the exterior decks. But I get the being higher, also being in the same are for extended period of time helped.

Sent from my EVO using Forum Runner

Your car would do much better for LTE reception if it was several stories in the air above the ground clutter like a cruise ship.

This is what I drive to get "above the ground clutter" and help with RF reception.

0709st_06_z+2007_texas_meltdown+lifted_ford_4x4.jpg

AJ

• Like 5

And by "get above the ground clutter," I really mean steamroll all of you little people and your Cubist art.

AJ

I was thinking more like Gru's car in Despicable Me.

Gee, I don't know. That full metal construction looks like it would make a great Faraday cage against RF.

AJ

• Like 1

Gee, I don't know. That full metal construction looks like it would make a great Faraday cage against RF.

AJ

The passenger compartment is the little glass canopy at the top.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

The passenger compartment is the little glass canopy at the top.

Hmm, still could be a lot of multipath reflections off the hull.

AJ

• Like 2