Hello S4G

Jumbotron

Just found your site and wanted to say thanks and Hello from rural North Central Florida (Keystone Heights, Florida.....well...actually east of there and just north of a little communitry called Putnam Hall)

Just moved in on a nice little 5 acre spread in God's country and found out soon enough that the only real choice for cellular was Sprint since their tower butts up against the back right corner of my land. T-Mobile (my work phone) is ABSOLUTELY nonexistent and Verizon is almost so. ATT has a land line coming into the house and it can stayed buried and unused as well as their wireless as they are a criminal organization. Got the wife on Boost Mobile with a Kyocera Hydro smartphone using Android 4.04 and an LG Rumor Reflex running Brew MP OS for the home phone. And because there is not even DSL much less cable out here in Sticksville, I am utilizing a rural internet service provider called Broadband Blue for internet. I get it via a Sprint Cellular card enabled D-Link Router. It's expensive....$119 a month for unlimited service and the data is SLOOOWWwwww....routinely get triple digit pings and 200-300 Kbps download, even though it is a 3G tower and a 3G card. But that is why I am here....to keep up with the 4G LTE rollout. Looking forward to it.

Thanks again and glad to be here.

• Like 2

Well, I see you are in keystone in which I believe is a part of clay county. There's already so live LTE sites in clay county in Middleburg, doctor's inlet, and green cove springs. So you may want to check out the Jacksonville market thread for more details and updates.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Thanks for the reply.

That's right...Keystone Heights is in southern Clay County just north of the Putnam County line (Palatka being the metropolis of Putnam County) and we are not terribly far away from Gainesville (Go Gators) in Allachua County. Just moved from Clay Hill which is a small community a couple of 3 miles west of Middleburg. I've got the web site bookmarked from Sprint showing the location of cell towers in our area (including the mothership in the back 40 of our place) and it details what has been done lately as far as upgrades (data speed and capacity as well as voice upgrades.). But will check on the Jax forum as well.

Thanks again !

Just found your site and wanted to say thanks and Hello from rural North Central Florida (Keystone Heights, Florida.....well...actually east of there and just north of a little communitry called Putnam Hall)

Just moved in on a nice little 5 acre spread in God's country and found out soon enough that the only real choice for cellular was Sprint since their tower butts up against the back right corner of my land. T-Mobile (my work phone) is ABSOLUTELY nonexistent and Verizon is almost so. ATT has a land line coming into the house and it can stayed buried and unused as well as their wireless as they are a criminal organization. Got the wife on Boost Mobile with a Kyocera Hydro smartphone using Android 4.04 and an LG Rumor Reflex running Brew MP OS for the home phone. And because there is not even DSL much less cable out here in Sticksville, I am utilizing a rural internet service provider called Broadband Blue for internet. I get it via a Sprint Cellular card enabled D-Link Router. It's expensive....$119 a month for unlimited service and the data is SLOOOWWwwww....routinely get triple digit pings and 200-300 Kbps download, even though it is a 3G tower and a 3G card. But that is why I am here....to keep up with the 4G LTE rollout. Looking forward to it.

Thanks again and glad to be here.

Thanks for the reply.

That's right...Keystone Heights is in southern Clay County just north of the Putnam County line (Palatka being the metropolis of Putnam County) and we are not terribly far away from Gainesville (Go Gators) in Allachua County. Just moved from Clay Hill which is a small community a couple of 3 miles west of Middleburg. I've got the web site bookmarked from Sprint showing the location of cell towers in our area (including the mothership in the back 40 of our place) and it details what has been done lately as far as upgrades (data speed and capacity as well as voice upgrades.). But will check on the Jax forum as well.

Thanks again !

Welcome to S4GRU. I lived in Putnam County for 7 years. I have a lot of family in the area. Went to Interlachen High School. My parents live between Melrose and Johnson at Cowpen Lake. I have two sisters who live in Keystone. I know the area well. :)

Thanks for stopping in and introducing yourself. Hope to see you around the Forums.

:welc:

Robert via Nexus 7 on Tapatalk

Hope you're not close enough to Palatka to smell it lol! I got family in Melrose and lived there for a year. Used to work at Miller's grocery store in Keystone Heights before they closed it and opened whatever is there now.

I worked as a grocery bagger as a teenager at a Millers grocery store in Hawthorne. Memories...

Robert

• Like 1

LOL...no, not that close to Palatka. Although I smelled a bit of natural gas this morning when maintenance was being done on a gas line down the road. Sounded like a Harrier about to land in the back 40. Almost called 911 seeing as how things have been blowing up lately in the U.S.

Millers grocery was before my time here.....seeing as how I just arrived. Hitchcock's (Super Value) is the name of the game now. Prices's aren't too good (too used to the Winn-Dixie vs. Publix war in Middleburg....not to mention Sooper Dooper Wally World down the road). But super nice people.....in fact....Keystone Heights is the closest thing to Mississippi hospitality I've found in Florida since moving to the state 1994.

• large.unreadcontent.png.6ef00db54e758d06

• gallery_1_23_9202.png