Hows your 3G if your area has NV mostly complete?

DaQue

Yup. Average is 1.9Mbps, with occasional 2.7-2.8Mbps. Never seen 3Mbps though. There still are those spots with 0.03 though. Baltimore is only about 50% complete though.

Is it weird that I averaged my 52 3G speed tests from the app? :lol:

• Like 2

Nope, thanks for doing it. I think for what I do your average 1.9Mbps would be enough to keep me happy. I really don't see the need for super fast speeds they don't want you file sharing or download 20Gbyte games for the pc. That being said I sure will enjoy super fast speeds if/when I get them.

I don't know that I'd use the phrase 'mostly complete'....which isn't to say specific NV work *hasn't* taken place in such an instance, but based on what I've learned from this site, that could easily just be indicative of some of the aforementioned data speed 'band-aid' work until NV can get to an area, or at best pre-NV deployment backhaul improvements.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Yup. Average is 1.9Mbps, with occasional 2.7-2.8Mbps. Never seen 3Mbps though. There still are those spots with 0.03 though. Baltimore is only about 50% complete though.

Is it weird that I averaged my 52 3G speed tests from the app? :lol:

Man that's great.. here in miami fl we only get 0.4 Mbps the highest I've gotten. ...

I don't know that I'd use the phrase 'mostly complete'....which isn't to say specific NV work *hasn't* taken place in such an instance, but based on what I've learned from this site, that could easily just be indicative of some of the aforementioned data speed 'band-aid' work until NV can get to an area, or at best pre-NV deployment backhaul improvements.

I fully agree. Beginning of the year my typical data speeds were in the basement (average maybe 10-20Kbs) and my signal levels were in the minus 110-120 range. Eventually had a ticket created, and apparently there were three actual problems: 1) Tilt (I live on a hill and just driving to the bottom of the driveway the signal would increase 30dB or more), 2) sectionalization (no sites were actually engineered to hit this hill), and 3) overloaded backhaul.

Little by little this has been addressed, first with tilt to get the 300 families here on the hill a usable Sprint signal (a 20-30dB increase!), and we could see that happening one site at a time as they got to them. :) Then there have been some obvious beefing up of backhaul.

Overall, speeds here have gone through three stages. Initially 10-20kbs, then a jump to about three times that, and most recently (end of October) another sudden increase of 10-12 times on a steady basis (with peaks on occasion as high as 1.5mbs).

This is all Band-aid™ work going on, as NV/4G work is just beginning now in this area.

Here's the comparison between between last month and this month from the exact same location and orientation:

spd_comp_oct_nov_12.jpg

I saved the 29OCT speed tests because I was apparently lucky enough to see something new switched on. ZAP! And it has stayed like that since. :D

I'm consistently getting 2.0-2.6 mbps regularly on towers that have LTE live here in the suburbs. In Chicago it's another story, LTE may be live but 3G is still barely usable to not usable. That's because of congestion on the little spectrum they have, they have the backhaul, LTE is zipping while 3G is limping.

I'm consistently getting 2.0-2.6 mbps regularly on towers that have LTE live here in the suburbs. In Chicago it's another story, LTE may be live but 3G is still barely usable to not usable. That's because of congestion on the little spectrum they have, they have the backhaul, LTE is zipping while 3G is limping.

That may be, because the tower only has the 4G upgrade. They might have pulled what I like to call a "Verizon". They added LTE and kept on moving to expand that 4G footprint.

• 2 weeks later...