ios 6.0.1 out

dedub

My mom still has 3G issues on her 5 even after doing the update. (issue is where after awhile, OR after a long phone call 3G just freezes up completely and you must toggle the cellular data switch off then back on to make it work again)

This is the very same reason I returned mine 5 days after getting it. there is NO WAY I can stand an issue like that.

My mom still has 3G issues on her 5 even after doing the update. (issue is where after awhile, OR after a long phone call 3G just freezes up completely and you must toggle the cellular data switch off then back on to make it work again)

This is the very same reason I returned mine 5 days after getting it. there is NO WAY I can stand an issue like that.

Haven't had that issue with mine...must have been the phone itself.

Haven't had that issue with mine...must have been the phone itself.

My iPhone 5 had the issue too when I had it. Wonder if it's a bad batch. Restoring while doing a handstand and saying the magic word while performing the "magical" ##update# does absolutely nothing to resolve the issue. It's already on it's second PRL and first iOS6 update since she got it and still doing this. Perhaps it's a bad phone. Problem is that she doesn't know crap about how to handle issues like this and I do, and I am so sick of fighting with people over stupid intermittent problems (long history of this crap with other tech related things)

Worst 3G problem I've had is that after a call, it takes about 10 seconds for the 3G to reconnect... 6.0.1 helped that. Now it's down to 3-4 secs.

Worst 3G problem I've had is that after a call, it takes about 10 seconds for the 3G to reconnect... 6.0.1 helped that. Now it's down to 3-4 secs.

She's on her third iPhone now and it's still doing the same 3G thing. Fortunately in the mean time LTE coverage is pretty good here because that is unaffected by the issue. Called Sprint and they finally confirmed that it is a known issue and opened up a trouble ticket. Now whether that gets things resolved or not who knows, but at least they know of the problem and aren't denying it.