Jobs in the Field

mdob07

I'm a college student about a year away from graduating with a Computer Information Systems degree. So all this watching and tracking NV progress has gotten me curious lately. What types of jobs are there related to cell service? In all likelihood this will not be the career path I take, but for curiosities sake I figured I'd look into it. I think being a part of building and maintaining cell infrastructure would be an interesting career. Not just for Sprint and NV, but the industry in general. I'd imagine most of the techs probably have engineering degrees. Anyone able to offer any insight?

I'm a college student about a year away from graduating with a Computer Information Systems degree. So all this watching and tracking NV progress has gotten me curious lately. What types of jobs are there related to cell service? In all likelihood this will not be the career path I take, but for curiosities sake I figured I'd look into it. I think being a part of building and maintaining cell infrastructure would be an interesting career. Not just for Sprint and NV, but the industry in general. I'd imagine most of the techs probably have engineering degrees. Anyone able to offer any insight?

I'm sure most companies have home grown software for monitoring, analyzing and evaluating the network. I was at a Microsoft meeting where some new technologies were being presented, and there were a few people from Sprint there. They were trying to build a system to help them determine how to help with roaming costs.

As far as doing something specific with the network, then a telecom background would probably be better.