Lte advanced/800 mhz

Clearwire is releasing lte advanced on four 5x5 mhz carriers, right?

Are these lte advanced towers going to go on all sprint towers, or will it replace the WiMax towers that Clearwire currently uses?

Also, the lte 800, I recall reading that it's only going to cover 80% sprint towers, is that approximately all of the old Nextel sites or are we talking sprint sites as of current?

Thanks

Clearwire is releasing lte advanced on four 5x5 mhz carriers, right?

Are these lte advanced towers going to go on all sprint towers, or will it replace the WiMax towers that Clearwire currently uses?

Also, the lte 800, I recall reading that it's only going to cover 80% sprint towers, is that approximately all of the old Nextel sites or are we talking sprint sites as of current?

Thanks

They will deploy on a single 20MHz channel.

Clearwire LTE is going to go on existing Wimax towers and be deployed in areas where sprint or other companies need them to be in. Most clearwire sites are apparently having upgrades on their backhaul which is resulting in much higher wimax speeds these days. So basically, if you're in an area with preexisting wimax coverage then you'll most likely get some sort of clearwire TDLTE coverage in the future.

800mhz goes on every tower. They just need to hook it up to existing RUU's. If you look at the pictures around here, you'll see that they already have the 800mhz "plugs" on the panels but they're not connected yet.

Clearwire LTE is going to go on existing Wimax towers and be deployed in areas where sprint or other companies need them to be in. Most clearwire sites are apparently having upgrades on their backhaul which is resulting in much higher wimax speeds these days. So basically, if you're in an area with preexisting wimax coverage then you'll most likely get some sort of clearwire TDLTE coverage in the future.

800mhz goes on every tower. They just need to hook it up to existing RUU's. If you look at the pictures around here, you'll see that they already have the 800mhz "plugs" on the panels but they're not connected yet.

Toledo Ohio only has 1 or 2 towers for 200k plus for WimaX...they won't be here

Evo

Toledo Ohio only has 1 or 2 towers for 200k plus for WimaX...they won't be here

Evo

Most. Does not include the protection sites which toledo appears to have.

I'm speaking to the 70 or so cities that clearwire actually "deployed" in...

Toledo does only have one protection site on Detroit ave or better seen on interstate 75 for clearwire bringing there LTE to Toledo I don't think they will honestly need to with Nextel towers on 800 it should be good and if the system gets overloaded just add more carriers with nv they are able to do this, and if they do one tower would be fine all it's helping for is if things get to croweded it'll off load to that

There are numerous articles, even on sprint.com, that detail Clearwire's plans for 4G LTE regarding Sprint. Clearwire's goals are similar to the troublesome Lightsquared, they're in the business of wholesale. They plan to overlay Sprint's 4G LTE network in large markets where Sprint might have trouble meeting data demands. Clearwire has large spectrum assets they can use to deliver 20MHz x 20MHz in the top markets. Clearwire's frequency runs on higher frequency around 2.4GHz

http://www.fiercewir...tion/2012-07-26

http://www.fiercebro...n-20/2012-10-03

I cant find the article from one of the Sprint Execs where he talked about about the sooner than expected decommissioning of 9600 IDEN towers this year which allows them to use CDMA on 800MHz this year and then LTE on 800MHz next year in some areas. Being part of Sprint Cust Care I can only talk about whats officially announced

Edited by speed4evr
  • Like 1

If Clearwire's wholesale operation takes off then they might elect to put LTE on all their sites. So far, their main wholesale customer is Sprint and Sprint only needs offload capacity in certain markets.

• Like 1