Network Vision/LTE - Albuquerque market (including El Paso, Las Cruces, Santa Fe, Los Alamos, Roswell)

S4GRU

I got the next month text while at the cerrillos stop of the rail runner.

I just got it today out in Window Rock, AZ which has one tower and it is not upgraded at all.

I believe we know that this is to keep people. I already know of 6 people in my family that have left sprint to t-mo.  I am sure this is the case at other providers as well though.

I just got it today out in Window Rock, AZ which has one tower and it is not upgraded at all.

I believe we know that this is to keep people. I already know of 6 people in my family that have left sprint to t-mo. I am sure this is the case at other providers as well though.

It could be based on where your account is based at too.

It could be based on where your account is based at too.

In the sponsor "Comments on NV Map" thread, every one is saying they received it at least over the past couple of weeks. I received it today. The guy i travel with received it last week.  His line is located in Nevada.  I think it is a last ditch effort to keep people. It is really sad that they are essentially promising this to be completed and it won't happen.  Especially for the ABQ market. We are months away, not a month away.

I find it very revolting that they would send this text if they don't plan to live up to their promise.  You know that a whole lot of people are going to see the "1 month" part of the text (that some received) and hold them to that.  Why set yourself up for failure?  Unless they are going to press a button and light up half of ABQ with LTE in an instant then I don't see how this promise will hold true.

In the sponsor "Comments on NV Map" thread, every one is saying they received it at least over the past couple of weeks. I received it today. The guy i travel with received it last week.  His line is located in Nevada.  I think it is a last ditch effort to keep people. It is really sad that they are essentially promising this to be completed and it won't happen.  Especially for the ABQ market. We are months away, not a month away.

I find it very revolting that they would send this text if they don't plan to live up to their promise.  You know that a whole lot of people are going to see the "1 month" part of the text (that some received) and hold them to that.  Why set yourself up for failure?  Unless they are going to press a button and light up half of ABQ with LTE in an instant then I don't see how this promise will hold true.

It's so vague, that it can keep the promise.  I think most Network Vision site upgrades are going to be complete in the next 30-60 days.  Notice it does not mention LTE anywhere.  I do think it's a feeble attempt to keep people from leaving, but there is an air of truth to it.  Even if it is meant to mislead.

And since there will be likely LTE of some sort in every market before the end of this period, it will probably be effective.  If I was stuck in Sprint's exact situation at this point in the game, I would probably do the same.  However, I feel like we need to here at S4GRU build the right expectations for our members.  And they should expect the next 30 days to look like the last 30 days.  With the exception that there may be some LTE in places that currently do not have any.

Robert

• Like 1

No accepted sites in yesterday's reports for the ABQ market. :(

Robert

Just curious if there was any change in cruces. The one accepted tower near I live, I hope, was upgraded to fiber so would it have stayed accepted during the upgrade process?

Just curious if there was any change in cruces. The one accepted tower near I live, I hope, was upgraded to fiber so would it have stayed accepted during the upgrade process?

What are the pings you are getting off that tower?

The LTE is not live anymore on that site, is it?  It is showing 3G only in the Sprint database since late summer.  I probably need to change it back.  It will probably not go live with LTE again until they upgrade the backhaul.  It received the beta test copper backhaul, which Sprint rejected.

Robert

The LTE is not live anymore on that site, is it? It is showing 3G only in the Sprint database since late summer. I probably need to change it back. It will probably not go live with LTE again until they upgrade the backhaul. It received the beta test copper backhaul, which Sprint rejected.

Robert

I still can't believe that century link thought they could get away with that garbage copper backhaul. Either Sprint wasn't upfront about their needs or century link engineers are clueless/scammers.

Sent from my Nexus 5

I still can't believe that century link thought they could get away with that garbage copper backhaul. Either Sprint wasn't upfront about their needs or century link engineers are clueless/scammers.

Sent from my Nexus 5

It's my understanding CL offered it to Sprint because they were going to be so late with fiber connections.  CL said they could get something temporary via copper that would run ~25Mbps (if memory serves) as a stop gap until fiber could be brought.  Sprint was interested and they connected two sites, one in Cruces and one in ABQ.

It would not have been stellar, but at 25Mbps, it could have provided about 8Mbps throughput speeds per sector.  Unfortunately, the CL copper solution could not pull 25Mbps.  Not even close.  After a few days of fiddling with the Cruces site, they gave up and instead decided to wait until fiber backhaul was delivered.

This was relayed to me by an Ericsson integration tech I ran into at the Los Alamos North Mesa water tower site about 6 weeks after the ABQ site was LTE accepted and then "unaccepted."  I never found out more, or could really even verify it.  But it seemed plausible.  Especially since the Cruces site did go live for awhile and had really low speeds, like 1-4Mbps.

Robert

• Like 2

The LTE is not live anymore on that site, is it? It is showing 3G only in the Sprint database since late summer. I probably need to change it back. It will probably not go live with LTE again until they upgrade the backhaul. It received the beta test copper backhaul, which Sprint rejected.

Robert

I have been seeing crews of workers at that tower since yesterday. Looked like the same people that did the 3G upgrade at Wsmr. No vehicle markings and not enough time to stop and ask the 5 w's. Hopefully they were installing the fiber, but not sure since they were climbing the tower. If they had the equipment upgrade already, not sure what they would be doing up there unless they were working for one of the other carriers.

For now. Anyone want to start betting whether I'll be gone by the time they turn it on?? Leaving March 10th.

I think it's a toss up. Like I posted before, I got fiber backhaul 3g speeds while down there last weekend meaning it might just be a waiting game until lte integration comes. Could be tomorrow could be June.

Sent from my Nexus 5

A rep just informed me that just about half the towers south of I40 have been upgraded.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

You can see which ones specifically in the Sponsor section.  S4GRU Sponsors get that kind of information, updated every day or three.  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1195-information-about-s4gru-sponsorship-levels-and-how-to-become-a-sponsor/

Robert

A rep just informed me that just about half the towers south of I40 have been upgraded.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Per my map (which is updated using Robert's information), there are 37 sites in NM south of I40 that have not been NV accepted (not including El Paso). The south crossed the 50% mark a while ago.