Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

I know you guys are dying in the Tampa market, because you have seen sites with panels installed 30-45 days ago. But I have something that you may appreciate. I live next to a Sprint/Verizon/Tmo/Cricket site here in New Mexico. Verizon installed new microwave radomes in January, and LTE panels in February 2012. It just went live last Friday morning.

So even though we get worked up about Sprint LTE not going live right after panel install, we have to keep in perspective how much in advance Sprint is allowing us to connect to the new network. It is kind of unprecedented to allow them to go live as each site is ready. I really appreciate it.

Robert

I know you guys are dying in the Tampa market, because you have seen sites with panels installed 30-45 days ago. But I have something that you may appreciate. I live next to a Sprint/Verizon/Tmo/Cricket site here in New Mexico. Verizon installed new microwave radomes in January, and LTE panels in February 2012. It just went live last Friday morning.

So even though we get worked up about Sprint LTE not going live right after panel install, we have to keep in perspective how much in advance Sprint is allowing us to connect to the new network. It is kind of unprecedented to allow them to go live as each site is ready. I really appreciate it.

Robert

And on that note I will now shut up lol thanks Robert :D patience is truly a virtue.. That I don't have unfortunately.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

• Like 1

Has anyone confirmed if the tower off 275 near the 4th st exit is sprint or NV for that matter?

If you are talking about the monopole at the very end of 4th st as you get on to 275N then no. I passed there on Sat twice and didnt see anything that looked like it.

I work in South Tampa. 3G speeds here are super fast. I can watch Netflix and YouTube without it pausing at all to buffer - something I can't do in other areas. I can see a tower from the parking lot - It looks like it is somewhere on South Dale Mabry, south of Gandy Blvd. Is it possible I have LTE and I just don't know it!

- George

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk.

When u look its always there. When I first noticed it I looked at it constantly and it was there sometimes other times not but I could toggle and it would be back. I don't look now nearly as I used to but between the speed tests checking for backhaul work and toggling looking for LTE I feel pretty sure saying I have it all the time.

Keep in mind that the tower crew will have 3-4 on site, there maybe at least 2 electricians and possibly someone from Sprint and Ericsson.. You may see a county inspector, and somebody to build the slab.. Gets crowded

So was crusing back on some of the posts, looks like early Nov we started seeing LTE panels up, and likely sometime in Oct is when some were completed but were just noticed by us. I feel there has to be one, at the very least just one site someplace in this market that is operating. I was keeping up with the Jacksonville thread but I'm so jealous now I can't bear to read it anymore, but when I was keeping up with them I'm not sure any of them had seen any panels before one of Roberts updates told them LTE was live at a site.

I have 2 questions. Do backhaul always involve digging? and what does bringing the core on line in a market consist of.

• Like 1

Are any of you guys over in Clearwater? I work that way so I can check but there are 8 permits pulled there by the same company.. I'm gonna checkout Ruth Eckard at lunch to see if anything interesting is going on over there. I'm so freaking bored

Are any of you guys up in New Port Richey/Oldsmar area? New Tech has 11 permits pulled on the Pinellas County website and of those I can confirm that 4 have panels up. The other ones I'm pretty sure I can look at but there are two that are on East Lake Rd which isn't far for me, but if one of you is closer to the area you might be able to take a look

Are any of you guys up in New Port Richey/Oldsmar area? New Tech has 11 permits pulled on the Pinellas County website and of those I can confirm that 4 have panels up. The other ones I'm pretty sure I can look at but there are two that are on East Lake Rd which isn't far for me, but if one of you is closer to the area you might be able to take a look

is it the pinellas county permit site you got a link?

Edited by TuX

It's Pinellas county. On Page 23 of this thread I listed the contractors who have pulled permits for Sprint work. The top license number on that list is New Tech. Copy that number an taken it to the permit site if Pinellas county and do a search for them by license number

It's Pinellas county. On Page 23 of this thread I listed the contractors who have pulled permits for Sprint work. The top license number on that list is New Tech. Copy that number an taken it to the permit site if Pinellas county and do a search for them by license number

wow you sir are awesome!