Network Vision/LTE - Tampa Market

Feech

Think the site at Ulmerton and 66th is live. I'll know for sure in the morning.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Just went by that intersection. Was still connected to Largo mall tower. Maybe they were testing the other day.

Seems like the weekly sites that are going live are slowing down. I hope they take advantage of the weather before our summer rainy season.

Wonder if it's because of the birds. Saw a tower full of them today.

Did some mapping today taking a nice weather ride on the motorcycle. Think I hit a few new areas for the Sun City site but other than that, nothing new. Waiting for a new site to come online. The one near my house would be nice. I can map that and get great exercise on the bicycle :)

I pray Sprint learned their lesson in the early deployment days here in Florida. Hang antennas and lines and worry about backhaul later. If no tower work needs to be done then birds are not an issue but we are rapidly approaching that time of year and deployment on some towers will come to a halt.

I pray Sprint learned their lesson in the early deployment days here in Florida. Hang antennas and lines and worry about backhaul later. If no tower work needs to be done then birds are not an issue but we are rapidly approaching that time of year and deployment on some towers will come to a halt.

Well we know there are quite a few towers or there where they quickly hung panels and await activation so hanging panels and doing the ground work later seems liked a good plan.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Is bird nesting season coming or something?

Not sure if exact months but it's close. August is when this post started abs we didn't see work on Sprint sites until Oct or Nov but prior to that Hesse had made comments about delay in markets due to birds. No telling how far along they would be in our market if it wasn't for that.

I really expected the map to have been filled in more. It still looks like it is expanding, but not getting solid coverage.

Not to spend all day on birds but...About 8 years ago I was part of a huge Spectrasite site survey. I don't remember the details about why we were doing it but one of the things they want to know other than who was on the tower, size of the site, generators, etc. Spectrasite wanted to know if there was a nest on the site.

I'm sure Sprint did site surveys in advance and likely knows which towers are nesting. It could be possible that these towers MAY be given a bump. I know I'll likely get smacked down for that statement.

Have you guys been looking for any 800mhz signals in the area?

Still looking for LTE myself.. 20 or so sites in my area with basestations installed , RRUs in the air, and antennas mounted.

Sent from my little Note2

Will our Sprint phones automatically pick up the 800 MHz signals?

If you're using Digiblur's PRL you should be able to automatically connect to it, if there is any to be found. You can it in the Sponsor section.

So far I haven't found any, but I don't get around much during the work week.

If you're using Digiblur's PRL you should be able to automatically connect to it, if there is any to be found. You can it in the Sponsor section.

So far I haven't found any, but I don't get around much during the work week.

The latest stock ones have the Tampa and Orlando area enabled as well.

The latest stock ones have the Tampa and Orlando area enabled as well.

Ah good to know! Is this usually indicative that 800 MHz carriers are active or will be activated shortly?

Ah good to know! Is this usually indicative that 800 MHz carriers are active or will be activated shortly?

Possibly but just like Sprint added LTE enable records to the PRL for Hawaii many months ago but yet nothing is there even today.

Possibly but just like Sprint added LTE enable records to the PRL for Hawaii many months ago but yet nothing is there even today.

Ah gotcha.

Anybody still seeing towers being worked on in our market? I saw one, has several carriers plus Sprint on it so I won't know until its finished on Busch and 22nd St.

Last new one I saw was in Sun City Center. Literally just hung panels a few weeks ago and just days after panels were up it went live. I have seen other panels offer last few weeks hung but nothing from those towers yet, nor from others that have had panels for months. I'm keeping an eye out, but believe they are busy out there. Perhaps they are working on building sites and with any luck start things up at the airport.

I have a feeling there is a lot still going on in the background that we just aren't seeing anything at the moment.