Why does one phone have better reception than others? Whats the truth about bad reception from Sprint?

I bought this phone over the Evo LTE because of signal strength. I tested it against my Photon' date=' in strong and weak area's and found it on par, and always with in -1dbm in weak areas. n.v could be the cause.[/quote']

We did our testing in non NV areas, except for CDMA 800 and LTE testing.

Robert via CM9 Kindle Fire using Forum Runner

• Like 1

Interesting. What I have noticed about the GS3 is that it roams faster than the EVO LTE. While the EVO will hold onto that -180dB signal, the GS3 will happily jump over to Verizon.

When your friend called your phone did it ring on his end the normal amount of rings 40 seconds for CDMA or did it go straight to voicemail? Are you using a custom ringtone or preload (out the box) tone?

I see you have a stock sg3, is it rooted? Software up to date? Any app like task killer memory managers? Have this phone been factory reset and used in the areas you have issues in without restoring your back up ( test with a clean device)?

His phone rang about 6 times then went to voicemail. No custom ringtone. This was after a factory reset.

Thanks for the clarification. I missed that. However, in our 9 device testing, the GS3 was right up there with the best radio performers. Including the Motorola Photon.

Robert

Did a search for post about the test. Cold you post a link? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Did a search for post about the test. Cold you post a link? Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

The article has not posted yet. Stay tuned.

Robert

• Like 1