Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

S4T, S4Mini and I believe the Mega all have their Spark updates and access Band 41 without any tweaks.

The 3G network has become completely unable during the wake hours.

I'll play around with those phones when I'm at the Sprint store next time. Perhaps, they didn't have the Spark update installed when I was in the one on Hamilton a few weeks ago and Sensorly was showing purple in that area.

But, as far as 3G, I began to notice a severe drop in speeds in the last couple of days. I used to drive to work and stream radio without problems, but now it's almost impossible. Perhaps it's time for a new phone, maybe it's going out.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'll play around with those phones when I'm at the Sprint store next time. Perhaps, they didn't have the Spark update installed when I was in the one on Hamilton a few weeks ago and Sensorly was showing purple in that area.

But, as far as 3G, I began to notice a severe drop in speeds in the last couple of days. I used to drive to work and stream radio without problems, but now it's almost impossible. Perhaps it's time for a new phone, maybe it's going out.

There is nothing wrong with your phone. The 3G network all over Columbus has become unusable this week. Tickets have been opened by numerous customer's to address the issue.

• Like 1

There is nothing wrong with your phone. The 3G network all over Columbus has become unusable this week. Tickets have been opened by numerous customer's to address the issue.

Thanks for the info, maybe something big is brewing or just a glitch in the system.

Don't know if you saw my post on Sunday, but I had no luck connecting to the Granville and Johnstown LTE towers. I could connect to Utica and Martinsburg towers. Were the LTE connections down due to the data issues like the 3G you mentioned?

Thanks for the info, maybe something big is brewing or just a glitch in the system.

Don't know if you saw my post on Sunday, but I had no luck connecting to the Granville and Johnstown LTE towers. I could connect to Utica and Martinsburg towers. Were the LTE connections down due to the data issues like the 3G you mentioned?

Those issues should be unrelated.

I've noticed LTE isn't as easy to connect to at my house in the past 24 hours. Even driving up towards the tower to the store. It may be related to other problems presenting in our market such as EVDO on legacy sites being dead. I noticed last night dead EVDO on the NV site near me which is new. When my phone switched over to 800 for 1X and EVDO I got data moving again. Just quirky.

I got a glimpse into the Sprint ticket system and its amazing what's floating in there. It just proves there are serious problems network wide, some because of NV, some because of human error. but in all cases I guarantee customer care's response is "it's all ok on our side".

• Like 1

Where were you in Granville when trying to connect?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Where were you in Granville when trying to connect?

I was driving out of Newark on 16/161 and taking Broad St towards Pataskala. My phone usually switches to LTE around Cherry Valley Rd. But, no matter how much connection cycling I did, nothing worked.

My wife told me yesterday that she just wants to turn her phone off and never use it again.  No matter where we go in the Dublin area we have a great signal and 3G but not internet at all.  Sprint is giving us a $50 credit each month for the next 3 months and she still wants to leave Sprint.  It would be nice if it was get upgraded soon

My wife told me yesterday that she just wants to turn her phone off and never use it again. No matter where we go in the Dublin area we have a great signal and 3G but not internet at all. Sprint is giving us a $50 credit each month for the next 3 months and she still wants to leave Sprint. It would be nice if it was get upgraded soon

I had same thing in Dublin last week, horrible!

• Like 1

He's referring to the Band 41 LTE2600 showing on Sensorly that has shown up recently on South Campus.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Will other bands that are iPhone compatible cover this area too? Or is sprint not going to offer LTE coverage for iPhone users in this area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Will other bands that are iPhone compatible cover this area too? Or is sprint not going to offer LTE coverage for iPhone users in this area?

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/1904-network-visionlte-columbus-market/?p=266377

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a sprint tower but I work at chase and my building is right by a cell tower and there are currently people working on it. Posted Image

• Like 1

Not sure if this is a sprint tower but I work at chase and my building is right by a cell tower and there are currently people working on it.

Not sure if this is a sprint tower but I work at chase and my building is right by a cell tower and there are currently people working on it. sadu2eny.jpg

There are 8 Chase buildings in Columbus, you're going to have to be more specific, also, you have access to maps that will tell you if this site is Sprint or not.

Hey S4GRU Columbus... Let's Meet & Greet!

4V0lYBS.jpg

A few of the S4GRU Columbus members of all sponsor levels (Non, Standard, Premier) will be getting together for a night of relaxation and fun at 16-Bit Bar at 8PM ET on Thursday, January 23rd, 2014 at:

254 South Fourth Street Columbus, OH 43215

16-Bit Bar is 21+. Friends + Others are invited as well. Come have a drink and play some retro games with us.

About 16-Bit Bar: Redefining how a night out is best played, 16-Bit is a retro watering hole offering classic arcade games, old-school cocktails and an awesome beer selection.

Click Here for Directions

Disclosure: This is not an official event of or endorsed by S4GRU.com. Please party and drink responsibly.

Disclousure #2: In traditional Sprint fashion, cell service does struggle in the area, so be aware. :lol:

• Like 7

There are 8 Chase buildings in Columbus, you're going to have to be more specific, also, you have access to maps that will tell you if this site is Sprint or not.

Sorry for that vague post but I am at the chase at 1000 Polaris parkway

Across from the AMC movie theatre. I'm not able to check the map on my phone due to it closing out. But will check once I get home.

Across from the AMC movie theatre. I'm not able to check the map on my phone due to it closing out. But will check once I get home.

It's neither Sprint or Clearwire.

• Like 1

Checked the map and unless that is Clear that isn't Sprint.  Picture doesn't look like Clear either... :(

EDIT: Coz beat me to it.

My wife told me yesterday that she just wants to turn her phone off and never use it again.  No matter where we go in the Dublin area we have a great signal and 3G but not internet at all.  Sprint is giving us a $50 credit each month for the next 3 months and she still wants to leave Sprint.  It would be nice if it was get upgraded soon

Same problem here in Pickerington. We've got friends with T-Mobile and we used to use a T-Mobile hotspot thanks to no LTE and 3G service being a near useless. Wife just said it's time to switch when she got tired of her call dropping on the way home every day. Been this way since September and she finally got fed up. Ironically, this happened the same day Basil-Western LTE was turned on. Positive note, Nexus 5 is on it's way. Negative note, we're out the $100/line for the ETF. Been with Sprint for 5 months shy of 10 years.

Whoever decided that getting LTE turned on in Carrol, Baltimore, Newark, Lancaster, etc was more important than getting 800 Mhz voice turned on in the whole city doesn't make the best decisions. They've basically setup a zone where the calls drop 100% to bring in LTE that is basically the same speed as HSPA+ in a less populated area. If Sprint isn't bleeding customers on the SE side, I'd be floored.

Edited to add this: Also, I don't see why everyone is excited about B41 LTE. 1900MHz already has terrible penetration, 2500MHz is going to be even worse. Don't get me wrong, I've got an Evo LTE and it's RF is pretty much terrible, but still. I've used WiMax in buildings downtown and it just doesn't work. This is a large chunk of why no one liked WiMax, it's building penetration is non-existent. There's a reason why T-Mobile just agreed to buy 700 Mhz spectrum from Verzion and AT&T/Verzion are concentrating on their 700MHz bands.

• Like 1

Same problem here in Pickerington. We've got friends with T-Mobile and we used to use a T-Mobile hotspot thanks to no LTE and 3G service being a near useless. Wife just said it's time to switch when she got tired of her call dropping on the way home every day. Been this way since September and she finally got fed up. Ironically, this happened the same day Basil-Western LTE was turned on. Positive note, Nexus 5 is on it's way. Negative note, we're out the $100/line for the ETF. Been with Sprint for 5 months shy of 10 years.

Whoever decided that getting LTE turned on in Carrol, Baltimore, Newark, Lancaster, etc was more important than getting 800 Mhz voice turned on in the whole city doesn't make the best decisions. They've basically setup a zone where the calls drop 100% to bring in LTE that is basically the same speed as HSPA+ in a less populated area. If Sprint isn't bleeding customers on the SE side, I'd be floored.

Edited to add this: Also, I don't see why everyone is excited about B41 LTE. 1900MHz already has terrible penetration, 2500MHz is going to be even worse. Don't get me wrong, I've got an Evo LTE and it's RF is pretty much terrible, but still. I've used WiMax in buildings downtown and it just doesn't work. This is a large chunk of why no one liked WiMax, it's building penetration is non-existent. There's a reason why T-Mobile just agreed to buy 700 Mhz spectrum from Verzion and AT&T/Verzion are concentrating on their 700MHz bands.

1x800 is being configured during construction. LTE is being configured to whenever backhaul is there and a Ericsson tech gets around to it.

Sorry, that came off way more as a rant than I meant. I've been happy with Sprint until (ironically) they started doing network upgrades. I've literally never had customer service problems and have recommended them to many people over the years. Just sharing my frustrations with Sprint's network over the past last 5 months.

• Like 3

Sprint 3G hasn't work for me at all in over a week calls drop ALOT for me too. I'm thinking about dropping Sprint and go to T-Mobile, I'm always in Columbus because I know T-Mobile sucks if your out of Columbus.