Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

No, you are on an EVO LTE which has SVDO capabilities. All new phones that are tri-band will NOT feature SVDO. Look to the wall for a better explanation as to why.

Gotcha! I'll have to take a look. Seems like two steps forward, one step back.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

I didn't think it would be anytime soon, don't have the density for VoLTE, correct?

Mainly not enough coverage.

That's correct, for now it will kick you back to 3g/cdma while on voice calls.  In the future (most likely the distant future) Sprint will probably implement Voice over LTE (VoLTE) in which case LTE will handle calls/text/data. 

Well, so much for progress.  I can use my GS3, even while on 3G, to surf and talk at the same time.  That's kind of a bummer, I was looking forward to picking up a Tri Band device.  Sometimes I need to use both features.

Well, so much for progress. I can use my GS3, even while on 3G, to surf and talk at the same time. That's kind of a bummer, I was looking forward to picking up a Tri Band device. Sometimes I need to use both features.

The S3 doesn't do SVDO.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Well, so much for progress.  I can use my GS3, even while on 3G, to surf and talk at the same time.  That's kind of a bummer, I was looking forward to picking up a Tri Band device.  Sometimes I need to use both features.

I believe only the first set of LTE handsets did both SVDO and SVLTE, like the S3, EVO LTE, etc.  The later sets added Global GSM roaming and hard to give up the SVDO but kept the SVLTE.  With tri-band you give up the two transmission paths altogether and back to old school talk on the phone and stop surfing.  I don't talk on the phone much so it doesn't bother me, but you could do something like Groove IP to talk and surf at the same time.

I believe only the first set of LTE handsets did both SVDO and SVLTE, like the S3, EVO LTE, etc. The later sets added Global GSM roaming and hard to give up the SVDO but kept the SVLTE. With tri-band you give up the two transmission paths altogether and back to old school talk on the phone and stop surfing. I don't talk on the phone much so it doesn't bother me, but you could do something like Groove IP to talk and surf at the same time.

where it gets me is if I'm on the phone for business and need to pull up a spreadsheet in an email for example. That inability would be a serious hindrance.

• Like 1

where it gets me is if I'm on the phone for business and need to pull up a spreadsheet in an email for example. That inability would be a serious hindrance.

Stick with a SVDO device or carrier that provides your business needs.

Or you could just download the emails with a IMAP or POP client to your device then you would even have your email where you had no service.

Stick with a SVDO device or carrier that provides your business needs.

Or you could just download the emails with a IMAP or POP client to your device then you would even have your email where you had no service.

Even though it's not SVDO, that Note 3 is looking better every day with SVLTE

Yeah, yeah, yeah. I'm not leaving...

I wish I could say the same.  I think today finally did it for me when I was in someones office with a -65 EHRPD signal, hung up on the dead channel 100, tried to look up a business on Google Maps and bam no data icon, ended up borrowing his AT&T iPhone5 to continue looking up what we needed for work.  The people in the office got a good laugh when I answered with a single word of "Sprint" when they asked why mine didn't work.  Stick a fork in me...

• Like 1

I wish I could say the same.  I think today finally did it for me when I was in someones office with a -65 EHRPD signal, hung up on the dead channel 100, tried to look up a business on Google Maps and bam no data icon, ended up borrowing his AT&T iPhone5 to continue looking up what we needed for work.  The people in the office got a good laugh when I answered with a single word of "Sprint" when they asked why mine didn't work.  Stick a fork in me...

I understand. I'll continue the legacy for you. I'll tell your story when you're gone... :lol:

• Like 1

Here is the late screen for the Barks RD tower in Marion. I was sitting right across the street from it.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

You don't happen to still be there would you? We could use the other two Serving Cells.

No and I don't how to get

No. What other two cells are you referring to? And how do you get them?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

The towers have 3 antenna segments, each with it's own serving cell. There doesn't seem to be a way to calculate the serving cell for LTE, there is for 3G. When you find an LTE site, it is expected of you to drive around all three sectors and document the serving cell from each sector, then wander around for miles running Sensorly. LOL. It's late, I was having fun but essentially that's what he was asking for if you're there and can take a few minutes to do it.

• Like 1

When you find an LTE site, it is expected of you to drive around all three sectors and document the serving cell from each sector, then wander around for miles running Sensorly. LOL.

I have no idea what he is talking about ;)

uploadfromtaptalk1384489097816.jpg

• Like 1

did you end up getting the other two serving cells for the sunbury tower? If not I will try to get them today

He did. They're over in the Sponsor area.

• Like 1

My sister and my mom were driving 62 from Utica to Johnstown, they're both on my plan.  Upon speaking to me, she said: Why in the $%&* Sprint have LTE in Utica?  My response, the same response I posted when someone was asking where the LTE is in Columbus on the Sprint site: Apparently, giving cows LTE is far more important than bringing into large metropolitan areas.

• Like 1

If you haven't already already seen this thread, looks like Sprint is attempting to buy up Revol wireless' PCS spectrum in our area:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5042-sprint-to-buy-pcs-spectrum-from-revol-wireless/&do=findComment&comment=239523

Probably doesn't mean all that much now, but it would bulk up Sprints spectrum holdings in our area.

If you haven't already already seen this thread, looks like Sprint is attempting to buy up Revol wireless' PCS spectrum in our area:

http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/5042-sprint-to-buy-pcs-spectrum-from-revol-wireless/&do=findComment&comment=239523

Probably doesn't mean all that much now, but it would bulk up Sprints spectrum holdings in our area.

I like the video that was attached to that post.  Made me chuckle.