Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

The iPhone five has CDMA 1x800 which your voice channel runs on. I'm not speaking of LTE 800.

One huge difference though is Iphone's have the 800 set at a lower priority. PCS signal has to be gone and the phone will look for that PCS signal and try to get back as soon as it can. Android phones have the two bands set at the same priority.

That's really strange. I'm off Diley near Busey and I'm pulling a strong signal from Longview or Basil-Western. I'm really surprised you can't get the Longview tower at home, you're not much further from the Longview tower than I am, maybe 1/4-1/2 mile as the crow flies. 800 is a seriously strong signal everywhere in Pickerington for me. Even 3G data has been usable lately @ Sushi Thai.

I still have consistent call drop on 33 @ 70 & 270, but I'm pretty sure that a hand-off issue not signal strength.

One huge difference though is Iphone's have the 800 set at a lower priority. PCS signal has to be gone and the phone will look for that PCS signal and try to get back as soon as it can. Android phones have the two bands set at the same priority.

I was thinking when the azz falls out of his 1900 like it has been that it should at least get to 800 then, but who knows. Stupid Apple.

Oh sorry. I guess I am thinking LTE to much. I got it now. but as imex99 said it's pretty close to unusable service in Pickerington on all devices in my house. Iphone 5,4s and Galaxy S4

PRL isn't the huge fix that everyone thinks it is, but it can't hurt to make sure yours is up to date. See what it is now in your settings so you know if it updates, and then go to your dialer and type ##UPDATE# and hit call. You should be on 51098.

Coz, starting to wonder if the weather this winter will slow the crews down. According to Farmer's Almanac, this is supposed to be a much colder winter with more precipitation. Great!

Lte Marion.   How do I post a screen shot?

Easy way is to use Tapatalk or you can upload to imgur.com and post the picture here.

I just noticed that this is a new site. It will be accepted sometime today more than like and will be on the report for tomorrow.

This

Sent from my SPH-D710

What the hell is going on with your WiFi? That's just crazy.

Here is our 3G:

mtfUFPj.png

LG g2 for sale http://mansfield.craigslist.org/mob/4145276439.html I would snatch it up if I want broke and an El cheapo. Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Not a bad deal if you want a G2 off contract. Looks like it's from a Sprint Employee or 3rd Party so should be legit.

LTE live on 36 just outside Centerburg (between Centerburg and Mount Vernon).  I have screenshots of signal check pro and LTE engineering with 2 of the serving cells (they are 83 & 84), will post them later today or early tomorrow, long night at work and have to go back tonight, time to get some sleep.

Yeah, my buddy was driving to my place and told me he saw 4g when passing through there.  I was pretty excited to hear it, and sure enough I saw the tower, the one by the Cburg joint firehouse has been accepted.

I didn't see mapping, so I will do it on my way home this evening.  I live just a bit off 36 just east of of Mt Liberty, so it's definitely in my neck of the woods.

Yeah, my buddy was driving to my place and told me he saw 4g when passing through there.  I was pretty excited to hear it, and sure enough I saw the tower, the one by the Cburg joint firehouse has been accepted.

I didn't see mapping, so I will do it on my way home this evening.  I live just a bit off 36 just east of of Mt Liberty, so it's definitely in my neck of the woods.

Glad you're able to get in on some of the LTE Hunting action. Grab SignalCheck Pro and/or LTE Engineering screenshots please. HTC devices provide great information.

Oh sorry. I guess I am thinking LTE to much. I got it now. but as imex99 said it's pretty close to unusable service in Pickerington on all devices in my house. Iphone 5,4s and Galaxy S4

Sorry, took me 3 hours to get the internet working at the office this morning. :/

Anyways, yes service sucks in Pickerington from around Refugee Rd upwards to just north of 70. I have 800 priority PRL and just nothing. It's worse than Canal Winchester; being on 800 priority there at least gets phone calls through and most times data. Not being on 800 priority means always dropped calls and data? "wtf is is data?"

The Pickerington area is suffering that border legacy problem. You got Pick Rd@Refugee, Baltimore, Longwood, Basil Western & Brice Rd all on new 3G/800 while you have Bowen, Park Crescent, Americana, 256@Livingston & National Rd as border sites. Maybe because it's not a straight boundary they have that makes the problem worse. 

For voice, the idea is to be on 800 because it blankets outward 10-15 miles (usable) and by the time you're out of range on it, you're well away from the boundary. At that point if you're in-call it will drop because calls don't hand-off between new & old. For data, the phones will connect to 3G whether it's legacy or NV and the data becomes unusable if you're losing packets because of the hard drops that happen as the cells bounce you around, sometimes every few seconds. 

For the Pickerington peeps, it just sucks. I live down Pickerington Rd almost to 33 so that keeps me usable. 

More weird crap today. Actually on Verizon for voice, Sprint eHRPD for data and data is bouncing site to site to site to site. I'm not intentionally on Verizon. I know better than to expect some 3G accepts in Columbus today. 

I pre-apologize for not getting any screen shots or relevant data, but I'll report regardless that I was getting 1x800 last night in Reynoldsburg next to Civic Park.  Not sure where that would of been coming from, I just know the normal tower down the street (on Lancaster Ave)  was not giving me a signal as it had been doing on and off all day, so it was something further away.  If I get it again hopefully I can document accordingly.  

More weird crap today. Actually on Verizon for voice, Sprint eHRPD for data and data is bouncing site to site to site to site. I'm not intentionally on Verizon. I know better than to expect some 3G accepts in Columbus today. 

I'm hoping the crews are busy working through the rain in Licking County.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

We all need to get back to being active and hunt to see what equipment is there on sites around us. If we know RRHs & CABs are on site we know that the site is ready for activation. All of the recent LTE sites have been 3G to 3G/4G or 3G/800 to 3G/800/4G.

As of right now, looking at Central Columbus as example, there are a few sites I need to know what's there so I can provide an accurate prediction of when we will see them active.

I pre-apologize for not getting any screen shots or relevant data, but I'll report regardless that I was getting 1x800 last night in Reynoldsburg next to Civic Park.  Not sure where that would of been coming from, I just know the normal tower down the street (on Lancaster Ave)  was not giving me a signal as it had been doing on and off all day, so it was something further away.  If I get it again hopefully I can document accordingly.  

Do you have SignalCheck Pro?

We all need to get back to being active and hunt to see what equipment is there on sites around us. If we know RRHs & CABs are on site we know that the site is ready for activation. All of the recent LTE sites have been 3G to 3G/4G or 3G/800 to 3G/800/4G.

As of right now, looking at Central Columbus as example, there are a few sites I need to know what's there so I can provide an accurate prediction of when we will see them active.

Let me know what you need from Licking County and I'll try today and tomorrow if time permits.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Yeah I think I saw some flashing lights over at the tower this morning when I left for work but I was running late. The tower seemed to be off and on like you were saying. Mostly off, but I'd connect to it occasionally.

Which sites in Central Columbus? I change my drive in and out a couple times a week just to check up on sites, even if I don't report them. 

Which sites in Central Columbus? I change my drive in and out a couple times a week just to check up on sites, even if I don't report them. 

Report what you find, even if still Legacy.