Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Excuse me sir, I think you made a boo boo or just really suck at making your point. I've attempted to show you where.  :lol:

Sorry long day, shows you how tired of RRU that I can't get it out of my head!

So as I'm sitting here chatting with digiblur, I actually share his frustration of calling something by the wrong name (i.e. panels). So I don't know if you all have realized, but it bugs the hell out of me when refer to Samsung's Remote Radio Heads as RRUs.

Ericsson makes RRUs

http://www.ericsson.com/news/1588074

Alcatel-Lucent and Samsung make RRHs!!!!!!

http://www.samsung.com/global/business/telecommunication-systems/telecommunication-systems/multi-standard/radio-heads

http://www.alcatel-lucent.com/products/cdma2000-distributed-base-stations

Alright, now that my rant is over, please return to your regular scheduled program.

Samsung Radio are termed RRU's on zoning and building permit applications. Remote radio heads and radio units refer to the same thing and are both correct. Don't k ow what the big deal is.

Sent from my SPH-D710

Samsung Radio are termed RRU's on zoning and building permit applications. Remote radio heads and radio units refer to the same thing and are both correct. Don't k ow what the big deal is.

Sent from my SPH-D710

They call them RRHs on our permits :D. We get along so well in our market, we just have to complain about somethings.

They call them RRHs on our permits :D. We get along so well in our market, we just have to complain about somethings.

At least ur wifi speeds and sprint 3g aren't slower than dial up. My poor roaming prl got auto updated

.. So sad. Half tempted to go to McDonald's for wifi...

Sent from my SPH-D710

At least ur wifi speeds and sprint 3g aren't slower than dial up. My poor roaming prl got auto updated .. So sad. Half tempted to go to McDonald's for wifi... Sent from my SPH-D710

Our Sprint 3G is the same as yours. What's going on with your WiFi?

Anyone else mapping Granville lte right now?Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Did some mapping briefly this morning on the way in to work when I heard Sensorly chime. Was driving so took me a few mins to turn mapping on. LTE signal carried into Newark a bit, down Cherry Valley until just about Main St.

Will do some more mapping here in a few minutes...I'll take the scenic route home.

Oh...and hi everyone. Been lurking for a while...new site member. /wave

• Like 3

Did some mapping briefly this morning on the way in to work when I heard Sensorly chime. Was driving so took me a few mins to turn mapping on. LTE signal carried into Newark a bit, down Cherry Valley until just about Main St.

Will do some more mapping here in a few minutes...I'll take the scenic route home.

Oh...and hi everyone. Been lurking for a while...new site member. /wave

Welcome to the group!

Well that wasn't very fruitful.  On the same roads as this morning, but no 4G signal.  Took a side route down James Road and picked up a signal briefly.  Must be tinkering with the tower?

Either that, or I have absolutely no idea what the hell I'm doing.  That's probably it.

LTE live in Marion this morning. I will try to post screens in a little while.

Check out: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/4742-columbus-market-mapspreadsheet/

LTE live on 36 just outside Centerburg (between Centerburg and Mount Vernon).  I have screenshots of signal check pro and LTE engineering with 2 of the serving cells (they are 83 & 84), will post them later today or early tomorrow, long night at work and have to go back tonight, time to get some sleep.

• Like 1

Is there a way to do Sensorly Mapping on an iphone?

Sorry, Apple has locked down that areas that report that information to Sensorly. But, providing us screenshots of your LTE engineering screen helps a ton.

Thanks COZ. Sorry if this has already been posted but is that in iphone settings or a separate program?

No problem at all sir. Check out digi's post, he has better instructions: http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/2198-network-visionlte-new-orleans-market/page-38?p=90231&do=findComment&comment=90231

Great I will keep my eye out and help where I can. I often am South of Lancaster and west of Baltimore..

I live in Pickerington. I cannot hold a call for more than a minute outside my house without my AirRave. 2 days ago. I dropped a call every minute until my airRave rebooted. I am just across from Max and Erma's on Hill road.. 

• Like 1

Great I will keep my eye out and help where I can. I often am South of Lancaster and west of Baltimore..

I live in Pickerington. I cannot hold a call for more than a minute outside my house without my AirRave. 2 days ago. I dropped a call every minute until my airRave rebooted. I am just across from Max and Erma's on Hill road.. 

Yeah that area is really bad for Sprint.

Really? You all have 1x800 now and you shouldn't be experiencing drop calls like that. Maybe amcferrin90 can chime in for us once he hops on.

Really? You all have 1x800 now and you shouldn't be experiencing drop calls like that. Maybe amcferrin90 can chime in for us once he hops on.

I get 800 from that area while passing 70@256 and call quality is bad still with 800.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

iphone 5 doesn't have 800 :(

The iPhone five has CDMA 1x800 which your voice channel runs on. I'm not speaking of LTE 800.