Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Worked near 70 @ 158 and running the 80p priority prl, bad service. 800 keeps popping up, dropping....

Dropped many calls last two days, bad voice and data was hit or miss.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Just picked up LTE on Dublin Granville Road in a heavily secured concrete building (near armory), but it was brief.  Will check again when I get outside.  The serving cell ID was 390 Band 25.

Cell ID 390 is Morse rd tower.  Which makes sense.  The range on that thing has been very good.

97% of the users buying the new iPhone will have no clue that 2.5 even exist. Y'all 3% can complain all y'all want. Y'all are probably still going to get it.

Coz, while what you say is true - to be fair a lot of Sprint customers in general won't know 2.5 exist because Sprint is selling only 1900 phones as we speak and most of those are not iPhones.  Someone will go out next month and buy any phone Sprint has and be ignorant to the fact maybe they should wait for an 800 phone or the LG tri-band.  Has anyone here asked other Sprint customers (oblivious to this website ) about tri-band ?  A high percentage of Sprint customers understand they are getting LTE, but beyond that many don't know much about bands ( if at all ) and they don't understand the new phone they just bought is stuck on 1900 either.  I spoke to a Sprint salesman at a local store and they didn't even have a clue about tri-band LTE!  I'm sure some salesman know, but you can gues whose gonna be pushing tri-band phones when half the salesman don't even know the specs of the ones they have.

While the iPhone 5s is dual band they'll still have the 800 lte which should perform well, huh? 800 probably won't be very heavily populated the first year or two.  1900 will be packed.  2500 will also be light for a long time .. it's not like  50% of Columbus customers will get a triband phone right away. There are a lot of iPhones and Android phones stuck on 1900 in the hands of customers now.  I think that leaves some breathing space in the other bands.

Coz, while what you say is true - to be fair a lot of Sprint customers in general won't know 2.5 exist because Sprint is selling only 1900 phones as we speak and most of those are not iPhones.  Someone will go out next month and buy any phone Sprint has and be ignorant to the fact maybe they should wait for an 800 phone or the LG tri-band.  Has anyone here asked other Sprint customers (oblivious to this website ) about tri-band ?  A high percentage of Sprint customers understand they are getting LTE, but beyond that many don't know much about bands ( if at all ) and they don't understand the new phone they just bought is stuck on 1900 either.  I spoke to a Sprint salesman at a local store and they didn't even have a clue about tri-band LTE!  I'm sure some salesman know, but you can gues whose gonna be pushing tri-band phones when half the salesman don't even know the specs of the ones they have.

While the iPhone 5s is dual band they'll still have the 800 lte which should perform well, huh? 800 probably won't be very heavily populated the first year or two.  1900 will be packed.  2500 will also be light for a long time .. it's not like  50% of Columbus customers will get a triband phone right away. There are a lot of iPhones and Android phones stuck on 1900 in the hands of customers now.  I think that leaves some breathing space in the other bands.

I tend to agree with you. In my opinion if was unrealistic to expect them to roll out a tri-band phone when Sprint has yet to cover the majority of the population with a single band of LTE. I would have loved to see a tri-band phone but I think that is a bit unrealistic given that the Clearwire acquisition was so recent and there haven't been any tri-band phones released to date (Apple hasn't ever really been the trailblazer on this). If we are in the same position a year from now then I will be greatly disappointed in both Sprint and Apple.

I tend to agree with you. In my opinion if was unrealistic to expect them to roll out a tri-band phone when Sprint has yet to cover the majority of the population with a single band of LTE. I would have loved to see a tri-band phone but I think that is a bit unrealistic given that the Clearwire acquisition was so recent and there haven't been any tri-band phones released to date (Apple hasn't ever really been the trailblazer on this). If we are in the same position a year from now then I will be greatly disappointed in both Sprint and Apple.

Right now I'm just looking forward to LTE in Columbus coming widespread soon FINALLY !

Apple ( might ) have done it ( 2500 )  for ATT or Verizon ( if they had that band ), but that's also speculation - it's just  that I know Sprint agree'd to order less iPhones then the other two carriers and lets face it - money talks. Apple isn't going to trip over itself for one carrier which orders less goods, just like any company selling any product will take care of it's biggest customers first.  It almost makes me wonder how 800 LTE got onboard.

Not sure where that came from but okay...I don't look too much into it that way.  If you know my ROMs, you know I like the KISS principle.  I'm just judging on a flagship devices RF specs.  Take the name off the specs for all I care, I'd dog any company for doing this.  Mark my words.. the day the Note3 is released without tri-band LTE I'll even change my signature to bash Samsung for going dual-band only.

A guy told me today it appeared a single band Note 3 would be headed to Sprint, I'd think it would be at least dual & I know it's not released yet, but are you ready to honor your word if its true?  I might be wrong I know, but ...... tri band isnt looking good.. We might have to all get an LG for the next year if we want tri

A guy told me today it appeared a single band Note 3 would be headed to Sprint, I'd think it would be at least dual & I know it's not released yet, but are you ready to honor your word if its true?  I might be wrong I know, but ...... tri band isnt looking good.. We might have to all get an LG for the next year if we want tri

It's 99% Confirmed that the Note 3 is going to be single band LTE.

Of course...  I was talking with COZisBack yesterday about it:  http://s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/682-network-vision-site-map-columbus-west-virginia-markets-formerly-all-of-ohio/page-33?p=203869&do=findComment&comment=203869

Have something in mind already...

LOL im just dogging you, you aint gotta do Sh@t..  In short Ive been talking to my wife who has an upgrade and she might give the LG G2 a shot first - right now all she cares about is the bigger screen.  I can try it out too and see if I like it..

LOL im just dogging you, you aint gotta do Sh@t.. In short Ive been talking to my wife who has an upgrade and she might give the LG G2 a shot first - right now all she cares about is the bigger screen. I can try it out too and see if I like it..

there goes the neighborhood

Sent from my Verizon Roaming Beast

LOL im just dogging you, you aint gotta do Sh@t.. In short Ive been talking to my wife who has an upgrade and she might give the LG G2 a shot first - right now all she cares about is the bigger screen. I can try it out too and see if I like it..

Dang.. Now I have to come up with a twist with the Mega triband release. Hmm...

Can't wait to get this phone now after watching a review. Always said I wished the Note2 was a tad bit bigger to make it perfectly fit in my hand.. And that's even with a Otterbox defender on it.

• Like 2

Dang.. Now I have to come up with a twist with the Mega triband release. Hmm...

Can't wait to get this phone now after watching a review. Always said I wished the Note2 was a tad bit bigger to make it perfectly fit in my hand.. And that's even with a Otterbox defender on it.

You're killing me!

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Man this cell site is giving off a great signal in fredericktowne. If I'm reading my iphone field test correctly it's say site 360 or activepilot 360 2mgs upload tho

Where do you see active pilot?  Could you post a screenshot?  I don't know the iphone debug menus and was trying to find a PN and this might be it.

Done!

Got to experience the Motorla/Samsung handoff problem tonight. I could make outgoing calls, but as soon as the call was answered, drop! Text messages were so delayed I waited 20 minutes in some cases. Actually once in full Samsung coverage calls would work but it took getting on my airave to get some messages that never came through. Sad, sad, sad.

• Like 2

Got to experience the Motorla/Samsung handoff problem tonight. I could make outgoing calls, but as soon as the call was answered, drop! Text messages were so delayed I waited 20 minutes in some cases. Actually once in full Samsung coverage calls would work but it took getting on my airave to get some messages that never came through. Sad, sad, sad.

I cannot use my phone entering Johnstown it's so bad.