Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Yes LTE 800 in 2 months. No reason not to.

You're a year off on your iPhone dates.

4 - 2010 VZW and Sprint's first iPhone (2011 Sprint)

4s - 2011

5 - 2012

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

Sprint had iPhone in late 2010, not Verizon.

You need to google it.  you've lost track somewhere..

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20028129-501465.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704739504576068170230339348.html

I don't agree at all.  When Samsung broke a record and sold 10 million Galaxy S4's in the first month it was a big deal.  When the iPhone 5 sold 5 million in just the first 3 days - investors said they expected it to ship more.  But what I think is funny is the Koreans I knew who always cut on American's and how much smarter they are and how American's buy their products and they are so dumb. Always bragging about being in the #1 #2 IQ test in the world and then many of the same racist American's go buy their products and then they see a Asian and mock them while all they buy are mainly Asian products.

Not sure where that came from but okay...I don't look too much into it that way.  If you know my ROMs, you know I like the KISS principle.  I'm just judging on a flagship devices RF specs.  Take the name off the specs for all I care, I'd dog any company for doing this.  Mark my words.. the day the Note3 is released without tri-band LTE I'll even change my signature to bash Samsung for going dual-band only.

Sprint had iPhone in late 2010, not Verizon.

You need to google it. you've lost track somewhere..

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-501465_162-20028129-501465.html

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704739504576068170230339348.html

My bad I was off by 20 days. :lol:

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I doubt it's for Fiber as that should have already been ran with original construction. Maybe for another carrier or they might have forgot something.

The Basil Western tower appears to be Sprint only - only one set of panels up therel

I think I spoiled my phone. It now prefers the 800 over my airave even with the stock PRL (25015). Even over my modified 800 priority PRL that makes my airave higher priority than 800 or 1900. Hmmm. I wonder if I have neighbors on it and I'm being bumped off?

I think I spoiled my phone. It now prefers the 800 over my airave even with the stock PRL (25015). Even over my modified 800 priority PRL that makes my airave higher priority than 800 or 1900. Hmmm. I wonder if I have neighbors on it and I'm being bumped off?

Your airave SID NID is higher? Make sure the 1x channel number your airave is parked on is in the ACQ record for your airave SID NID combo otherwise it will skip right over it and hit 800smr.

• Like 1

I had the issue of 1x800 popping up over my Airave, but it was because I forgot to switch from the 5X1 PRL I was using in Dallas (which was pointless).

I had the issue of 1x800 popping up over my Airave, but it was because I forgot to switch from the 5X1 PRL I was using in Dallas (which was pointless).

I was working with a member here and we couldn't get his phone to attach to the Airave over the 800..no matter what I tried unless I put 800 less than everything. Come to find out, his airave was not in the ACQ scan for his area. Normally it wouldn't be a problem except with custom PRLs. Threw in the right channel numbers and it connected.

Your airave SID NID is higher? Make sure the 1x channel number your airave is parked on is in the ACQ record for your airave SID NID combo otherwise it will skip right over it and hit 800smr.

I had it that way. This just started today. Dropped back to factory PRL and the phone would still prefer 800. Then when it would connect, it wouldn't send texts. My other Sprint phones did. So I'm trying the return to factory option to trigger the handsfree activation. We'll see. 

My airave SID is the same as the local cells, 4418. I just went to the first PRL entry for my area and added the NID scan of 501 before the 800 scan and set the higher priority. It's been working fine til tonight. Pesky phone, if CM10 had diag mode and eng screen functions, I'd be using that ROM

I had it that way. This just started today. Dropped back to factory PRL and the phone would still prefer 800. Then when it would connect, it wouldn't send texts. My other Sprint phones did. So I'm trying the return to factory option to trigger the handsfree activation. We'll see. 

My airave SID is the same as the local cells, 4418. I just went to the first PRL entry for my area and added the NID scan of 501 before the 800 scan and set the higher priority. It's been working fine til tonight. Pesky phone, if CM10 had diag mode and eng screen functions, I'd be using that ROM

Sounds exactly like the problem I had, it would skip over that record every time.  Look at the other Sprint phones and see which 1x channel they are idling on.  Edit the ACQ record your Airave SID/NID is tied to, add that channel to the front of the ACQ record.  Should work like a charm and connect right up.

The current S4 doesn't support LTE 800. With Tri-band Hotspots being available, the possibility of Tri-band handsets are available.

Just from Apple's history, they're not ones to "future proof" iPhones. Otherwise the 4s would have LTE. They only go with what their customers can use right now.

I don't agree with the practice, but consider who they are, it works for them.

Just making sure I follow the conversation here. Columbus is getting LTE 800. The current SGS4 doesn't support LTE 800. Why bother with the SGS4 in Cbus then?

Just making sure I follow the conversation here. Columbus is getting LTE 800. The current SGS4 doesn't support LTE 800. Why bother with the SGS4 in Cbus then?

That's a disappointment...  The S600 Chip is capable of 800...  Too bad, looks like I will be upgrading when LTE 800 comes out....

Does sprint have a single LTE 800 capable phone yet?  

I imagine they soon will if not.

Almost every Sprint site in America is getting Sprint LTE 800. The Samsung Galaxy S4 launched in Spring 2013 doesn't support LTE 800. There are rumors of a re-release that will support LTE 800.

That's a disappointment...  The S600 Chip is capable of 800...  Too bad, looks like I will be upgrading when LTE 800 comes out....

The Sprint variant is capable of 1x800 yes, not LTE.

Does sprint have a single LTE 800 capable phone yet?  

I imagine they soon will if not.

The only devices on Sprint that currently support LTE 800 are Mobile Broadband devices. Should change within the next week or two when the iPhone 5s launches and other devices are confirmed Band 26 by Samsung and LG (LG may be longer than 2 weeks).

The Sprint variant is capable of 1x800 yes, not LTE.

I know, Sadly, The Qualcomm S600 Chipset is more than capable of the 800 LTE band,  But it's sad it's not been included/activated (Depending on the chipset modifications on the sprint model)

I've always been disappointed with the fact that even on phones that are multi-band/protocol capable are castrated by carriers....

I'm getting 1-2 bars of LTE just off Kenny Road on OSU campus. Keeps switching back and forth between LTE and five bars of 1x and 3G. I'm trying to get it back and screencap the field test screen but I'm having trouble getting LTE back. I'm on iPhone 5.

I'm getting 1-2 bars of LTE just off Kenny Road on OSU campus. Keeps switching back and forth between LTE and five bars of 1x and 3G. I'm trying to get it back and screencap the field test screen but I'm having trouble getting LTE back. I'm on iPhone 5.

Just grab the Serving Cell ID from it. It's probably just the Morse Road or Jackson Pike site.

Is this it?

Posted Image

It's the Morse Road site.

Sounds exactly like the problem I had, it would skip over that record every time. Look at the other Sprint phones and see which 1x channel they are idling on. Edit the ACQ record your Airave SID/NID is tied to, add that channel to the front of the ACQ record. Should work like a charm and connect right up.[/quote

The phone was corrupted. Even on stock PRL from OTA the phone would prefer 800 over the airave. Had to go all the way back to stock. Like Superman without his super powers. :-\]

Gotcha. That's the first time I've ever seen LTE in this area.

Signal goes pretty far. Usually not usable though above (technically under) -105 dBm.