Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

Or converting over EVDO. They sometimes do 1x and EVDO separate.

It's been eHRPD for a while now, unless you mean something else. They're probably tuning. I've had a lot of dropped calls on Waterloo (a.k.a. Diley) ever since the 800 switchover.

It's been eHRPD for a while now, unless you mean something else. They're probably tuning. I've had a lot of dropped calls on Waterloo (a.k.a. Diley) ever since the 800 switchover.

Ehrpd is EVDO which even legacy has.

You can't really tell when they convert EVDO over unless the sector ID changes and you know what it was before.

So I figured I'd chime in because something interesting happened tonight, on broad st @ McNaughton Rd (East side by Mount Carmel Hospital) I got a ping of 800...  It was there for only about 5 seconds after the signal check notification, then gone...

The most interesting part is I am on Stock PRL on my S4...  I've never had a ping of 800 before, this was a huge surprise....  Not sure it it was a glitch in signal check or if I really lost a PCS signal and picked up 800 from somewhere (That area has livable but not great signal strength but the data is horrendous... )

It was too quick for a screen shot sadly, but I figured I'd throw it out and maybe one of you hunters can confirm it?

So I figured I'd chime in because something interesting happened tonight, on broad st @ McNaughton Rd (East side by Mount Carmel Hospital) I got a ping of 800...  It was there for only about 5 seconds after the signal check notification, then gone...

The most interesting part is I am on Stock PRL on my S4...  I've never had a ping of 800 before, this was a huge surprise....  Not sure it it was a glitch in signal check or if I really lost a PCS signal and picked up 800 from somewhere (That area has livable but not great signal strength but the data is horrendous... )

It was too quick for a screen shot sadly, but I figured I'd throw it out and maybe one of you hunters can confirm it?

I drop calls around there, and a time or two at that intersection (across from McNaughten  at Sonic) ..it seems to be a weak spot..

Gave the wife a break and did some tower snooping. The tower on Americana Pkwy south of Blacklick Park has base cabinets and has fiber work underway. I didn't get up to the Livingston/256 tower because the kids were being obnoxious about eating dinner. I visually went to see the Pick Rd/Refugee Rd tower which looks like it got TWC instead of AT&T. Also saw the Longview Street site. That site is screaming hot. I wish I had mapped the signal. It was -55 dBm from the water tower south to near the south HS where it dipped to -87 in that little valley. Coming up around Basil Rd and onward toward Meijer it was -67 until I hopped over to another site.

Here's to hoping the little Sprint fairies will do some work overnight.

• Like 2

ohh yeaaa!!!!! sprint 4g lte is fired up in dayton ohio. i can confirm this. it is only at 3240 speed but hey better than nothing.. thank you sprint!

for you no believers if i have to i will upload a pic for you.

ohh yeaaa!!!!! sprint 4g lte is fired up in dayton ohio. i can confirm this. it is only at 3240 speed but hey better than nothing.. thank you sprint!

for you no believers if i have to i will upload a pic for you.

We don't mind you here in the Columbus thread at all, but there is a Dayton thread that would help your fellow Daytonians with that info.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

ohhh ok really sorry. will look it up

thanks

No problem. Hey we like sharing the Ohio love in the Columbus thread. Our input doesn't help you much when it comes to your area.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I was in Groveport for soccer today (4677 Bixby Rd.) and I got 2M download speed.  That's new to me.

Any idea which tower? I can tell it's not the one on south Brice... :(

No idea - I don't even know how to check.

SignalCheck Pro.

SignalCheck Pro.

Just like with LTE but much easier you can be connected to a different EVDO site than 1x. Only full proof way on EVDO is the PN, not sure if yours match the 1x ones though.

Just a heads up folks... We're not going to be anywhere near satisfied with LTE 1900. With lackluster building penetration and signal strength, it makes LTE 800 a must. It also gives you an idea that while 2600 service is going to be nice, it will only be beneficial in areas such as Easton, campus and outside downtown areas.

Just like with LTE but much easier you can be connected to a different EVDO site than 1x. Only full proof way on EVDO is the PN, not sure if yours match the 1x ones though.

I'll check when I get home.

So I installed signal check pro. How do I know if I'm on NV equipment or if I'm on 800? Right now I'm connected to eHRPD. But the 1xRTT signal looks to be connected as well. I don't know how to post a screen shot.

The 1xRTT signal would say 1x800 if you were connected to a site that was upgraded with NV and broadcasting 800.  The app doesn't confirm you are connecting to NV equipment, it just tells you the address of the site you are connected to on 1x.  Does this make sense?

Picture to help:

2013-08-26_07-37-17.png

• Like 1

I was in Groveport for soccer today (4677 Bixby Rd.) and I got 2M download speed.  That's new to me.

I live in the development across the street from there and my kid played there this morning as well. That tower is the one on Venture Pl. over behind the high school. That tower has had zero NV work started yet. Ever since the 800 voice and 1900 3G was completed on the Rohr Rd. tower which is south of there the data speeds picked up a lot.

There's a lot of factors. Are you using a stock prl? Then you were either connected to legacy 3g or updated 3g. Are you using an 800 priority prl? You could have been connected to any 800 tower in range and from groveport its a potluck. On a stock Pelco you could have been on 800 but if you travel in and out of the 800 coverage at all, probably unlikely.

On the legacy sites you can achieve over 2 mbps speedtests if you happen to do one while the EVDO side isn't busy or bogged down.

. I went thru while you all played soccer to pickup my son from work down by Mott's. I actually picked up LTE a couple times, I think from Grove City, panel 217.

One note about SCP app, whatever it shows in the top section is your voice connection, second section is your data connection. It only shows the site address for the voice side. While you can connect to 800 voice, some times your data is still legacy EVDO. If the data connection is to eHRPD while voice is 800, then the data is legacy. Some 800 sites also get EVDO turned on 800 and when you connect to both voice and EVDO on 800 the app will say only connected to 800. There's an option in the settings to show both sets in the status bar. In the status bar it will show 1x800 1x800 when this occurs. Otherwise its guesswork and Eng screens to figure out what site you're getting EVDO from when on 800 voice. I think that makes sense.

I drove up to Lynd's fruit farm today, the back way. Did a lot of signal mapping. I will post it later when I can massage the data.

I need an app to convert kml to csv or xlsx so I can average some data. Any ideas?

Any honeycrisp apples left at Lynd's? :) 310 is the "buffer" between Moto/Samy towers so you are lucky to have had any usable service at all!

Sent from my Torque using Tapatalk 4

Ok. I'm learning quite a bit here today.  Somebody explain this one.  I live near Carroll and I have an EVO LTE phone.  Today I had it on a stock rooted rom at home and I was getting 1xRTT earlier today.  Then I switched back to my CyanogenMod Rom and I was getting 1x800 - still in my house.  I was accessing the same exact tower (6241-6297 Columbus-Lancaster Rd. NW, Carroll).  It's the one behind McDonalds just off 33 and Winchester Rd.