Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

What's the password?

Donate some funds to keep the lights on around here and you'll receive a ton of more information about the markets.

Thanks for the help. Looks like you may be up for renewal.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

ALRIGHT!!! SOOOOOOO!!!!!! 5 Hours Later. The spreadsheet is updated with some amazing information. DO NOT KILL THE MESSENGER when you see some information that you do not like! The map is not updated yet, waiting for cache to clear.

The spreadsheet looks awesome. That's all I'm going to say.

• Like 1

I was out in Granville yesterday and was not able to get 800 either where I was before.

Today on other business, I made it up to Centerburg and did some Sensorlying (should be more purple now). Was not able to get to the LTE Eng screen. However, in the process of switching data connections on/off again north of Croton, I did get this for a few moments (see screenshot). 

Looks to me like Rt 3/605 if it's not a ghost https://maps.google.com/maps?q=3958+Rte+3,+Sunbury,+Delaware,+Ohio+43074&ie=UTF8&hl=en&oi=georefine&ct=clnk&cd=2&geocode=FYpWZgId984Q-w&split=0

I drive by that tower all the time on my way to work, It's not but a couple of miles from where I live.  I will try to stop by later and see if I can pick up any LTE on it.

I drive by that tower all the time on my way to work, It's not but a couple of miles from where I live. I will try to stop by later and see if I can pick up any LTE on it.

Not sure of which site you're referring to but Granville isn't broadcasting LTE, but Centerburg is.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

I was referring to the site at Rt 3/605 that was mentioned.

Oh.. Gitcha. I honestly think that signal is still coming from the same site in Centerburg. Especially at -110.

Picked up lte briefly on 270 just passing Easton Way. It was my first time it up while not on Morse road.

Can't wait to start picking lte up more often...

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

Oh.. Gitcha. I honestly think that signal is still coming from the same site in Centerburg. Especially at -110.

that's kinda what I was thinking but since it is so close, I figured I would check it out anyway.

How is the reynoldsburg area doing today I know there was talk of only having evdo available yesterday

It was pitiful yesterday. I got so ticked I almost threw the phone out the window. 4-5 bars but creepy crawley speeds. Actually this week I've had 6 dropped calls and that hasn't happened in a long time.

• Like 1

I know some folks hope and excitement have been dwindling in Columbus. So here is a little hope from Robert in another thread:

You have to keep in mind that once a site receives acceptance of any technology, whether 3G or 4G, it means ALL the new equipment is installed. At 3G only sites, even the LTE equipment is installed. So it is much easier to get the other technologies fired up. Even GMO sites have most of the equipment necessary.Robert via Samsung Galaxy Note 8.0 using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

It was pitiful yesterday. I got so ticked I almost threw the phone out the window. 4-5 bars but creepy crawley speeds. Actually this week I've had 6 dropped calls and that hasn't happened in a long time.

On 256 near Chipotle and 3g is doing well...

I've been out on vacation for the last week and would like to relay what I have seen out and about. I travel to KY and AL on a regular basis. I have had sporatic LTE connections there over the past several months. This past week I noticed that places where I used to get LTE I did not. And where I did get LTE (Lexington, Frankfort, Pell City, etc) the connection would run very slowly. In fact, most of the time my LTE connection was slower than what I get here on 3g.

I really think that with the merger there are some things changing. And obvlously Sprint has backtraked a bit by taking some towers offline. I know in these news articles they keep talking about repurposing WiMax and Nextel frequencies. My opinion is that they are doing exactly that. I just hope they can pick up the pace. IMO I still don't think that we will see widespread LTE in the Columbus area until 2014.

One thing that keeps me going is even though the speeds are slow, the coverage is good. I did a T-Mobile trial a few months back and their speeds dominiated Sprint in city areas. Once you drive out of town.....forget it.

I really think that with the merger there are some things changing. And obvlously Sprint has backtraked a bit by taking some towers offline.

I don't think they're taking sites offline. There may be an issue with that site which hasn't been resolved. It's also possible that you were previously in an area of a newly activated LTE site, that they have now adjusted the down-tilt so it doesn't extend to where you were previously. I agree Columbus won't have widespread LTE until 2014, but I think there were be around 10-15 sites online. It will be usable.

• Like 2

I just wanted to give a big thanks and introduce you all to those that have accepted volunteering roles with the Columbus Market Spreadsheet & Map.

Managers

• digiblur (Creator of Columbus Spreadsheet & Map. I just manage it very well. ;) )
  • myself

Editors

• Oakley707
  • amcferrin90
  • anonymous

NV Spotters

• imex99
  • james2oo4
  • rf40928
  • andycapps (Even though he didn't realize it B) )

I want to thank anyone I may have missed as well. With your post, we were able to make the spreadsheet as accurate as possible.

Side note: My wife is in Chicago until Wednesday. Look what she had the nerve to send me last night.

VRGpljX.png

• Like 3

I just wanted to give a big thanks and introduce you all to those that have accepted volunteering roles with the Columbus Market Spreadsheet & Map.

Managers

• digiblur (Creator of Columbus Spreadsheet & Map. I just manage it very well. ;)  )
  • myself

Editors

• Oakley707
  • amcferrin90
  • anonymous

NV Spotters

• imex99
  • james2oo4
  • rf40928
  • andycapps (Even though he didn't realize it B) )

I want to thank anyone I may have missed as well. With your post, we were able to make the spreadsheet as accurate as possible.

Side note: My wife is in Chicago until Wednesday. Look what she had the nerve to send me last night.

VRGpljX.png

Lol glad I can help in any way, don't have a ton of free time but I do what I can. Thanks for your work on it.

• Like 2

Hey Peeps! We want to give credit to everyone that has been a part of locating NV Equipment and online NV sites. I don't know about y'all, I LOVE bragging and talking *crap*. So let me tell you how to become top dog is talking *crap* around here.

If you've noticed on the Spreadsheet and the Map, we have "Confirmed By" Columns. You're name can be in that box and once I successfully get the "Stats" page of the spreadsheet up, you'll have numbers next to the NV stuff you've confirmed In COLOR. LOL.

So, how do you "score"? Check it out:

LTE Scoring

• 1st to screenshot of LTE Enginerring Screen (Yes I know how to spell engineering but check your Samsung Screen) with LTE RSSI less than -80dBm with at least two sectors.
  • Grab all three sectors if you can please.
  • Screenshot your location on Sensorly Map or Google Maps (iPhone).

1x800 Scoring

• 1st to screenshot of 1x Engineering RF Screen with Band Class 10 and RSSI less than -80dBM or (SignalCheck Pro)
  • Grab the 1x PNs from the 1x Engineering Protocol Screen.
  • Screenshot your location on Sensory Map or Google Maps (iPhone).

Happy Hunting and Smack Talking!

• Like 2

Hey Peeps! We want to give credit to everyone that has been a part of locating NV Equipment and online NV sites. I don't know about y'all, I LOVE bragging and talking *crap*. So let me tell you how to become top dog is talking *crap* around here.

If you've noticed on the Spreadsheet and the Map, we have "Confirmed By" Columns. You're name can be in that box and once I successfully get the "Stats" page of the spreadsheet up, you'll have numbers next to the NV stuff you've confirmed In COLOR. LOL.

LTE Scoring

• 1st to screenshot of LTE Enginerring Screen (Yes I know how to spell engineering but check your Samsung Screen) with LTE RSSI less than -80dBm with at least two sectors.
1x800 Scoring
  • 1st to screenshot of 1x Engineering RF Screen with Band Class 10 and RSSI less than -80dBM or (SignalCheck Pro)

Sounds fun, can't wait for more sites to go live... I'll be checking out some licking county locations this Thursday and Friday on my days off.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4

LTE Scoring

1x800 Scoring

Don't let compneo know you guys are doing this.   He will do what he does here...  swoop in and snag 5 or 6 sites in one day.  He's a beast with 54 LTE confirmations in our market...and we are talking mostly rural sites.

• Like 1

Don't let compneo know you guys are doing this.   He will do what he does here...  swoop in and snag 5 or 6 sites in one day.  He's a beast with 54 LTE confirmations in our market...and we are talking mostly rural sites.

Hah! He's going to fly to Columbus and start stealing sites?

Peeps I just found out A LOT and I do mean a lot of information (including back-haul) about the Columbus Market as a whole. Let me find out how much of it I can share and I'll surely pass it on if allowed to.

• Like 4