Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

With me having a job where I travel a lot, I think I can confidently say that this will not be a Sprint tower. You rarely see Sprint utilize an enclosed hut like that.... not saying that they never do. I'm going to bet that is Verizon or AT&T. They typically use huts. T-Mobile and Sprint typically do not. I could be wrong though.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It may eventually become multi carrier. The site on Joyce, north of 17th has a enclosure.

Could be the intention of the tower owner or could be a requirement of the property owner.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

• Like 1

Hey folks,

Sorry if I've pointed this out already, but with the Bloomfield Road site going live with LTE. The Columbus Market has the first 3G/800/4G tower in Ohio!

"It's a celebration!" in my Rick James voice.

• Like 4

Hey folks,

Sorry if I've pointed this out already, but with the Bloomfield Road site going live with LTE. The Columbus Market has the first 3G/800/4G tower in Ohio!

"It's a celebration!" in my Rick James voice.

When I went to the tower a few days ago, I didn't pick up the 1x 800 on that tower. However, my phone was being "interesting" that day as well so that probably was why I didn't pick it up.

When I went to the tower a few days ago, I didn't pick up the 1x 800 on that tower. However, my phone was being "interesting" that day as well so that probably was why I didn't pick it up.

It was just launched so 1x 800 may not have been active at the time.

• Like 1

Somewhat off-topic but I'm running iOS 7 on my iPhone 5 and noticed yesterday at Easton that my phone would actually say "1x" on it. Never seen that on a Sprint device before.

I believe the iPhone is one of two Sprint devices that when stock that will show 1x when connected to 1x instead of 3G.

I was pretty excited to see that 3rd tower up near me.  Looks like it doesn't quite hit rte 3 though.  So I don't suppose I will see it when driving into town.  Never the less, I will sensorly it!

Getting closer!  Now gimme that 800 mhz so I can have my fully usable sprint signal at home!

• Like 2

I was pretty excited to see that 3rd tower up near me. Looks like it doesn't quite hit rte 3 though. So I don't suppose I will see it when driving into town. Never the less, I will sensorly it!

Getting closer! Now gimme that 800 mhz so I can have my fully usable sprint signal at home!

Exactly, lte will be nice (a bonus). I just want usable voice and data on the central Ohio area.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta

It was just launched so 1x 800 may not have been active at the time.

Its signed off as being there. I've been told however that even when sites go live that there are multiple trips back to the tower to fine tune and adjust.

• Like 1

"Celebration" that's kool and the Gang but I'm sure Rick James sang that while he was Blazing Up! Jk

I'm guessing you never seen the Rick James episode of the Chapelle Show.

• Like 1

Its signed off as being there. I've been told however that even when sites go live that there are multiple trips back to the tower to fine tune and adjust.

I meant that he went there before it was approved by Sprint, so 800 may not have been live at that time.

Before i go posting anything else, I wanted to make sure to give a shout out to COZisBack. COZ does a lot of work on here and provides us with a lot of information. He also gifted me a 6 month sponsorship which i thought was really generous of him. So thank you COZ :tu:  Now i have access to even more things!

• Like 8

I meant that he went there before it was approved by Sprint, so 800 may not have been live at that time.

I do believe it was approved by Sprint when I went up... That was the only way I knew to go...lol. However, my phone was acting goofy that day which is why I probably didn't pick it up.

Before i go posting anything else, I wanted to make sure to give a shout out to COZisBack. COZ does a lot of work on here and provides us with a lot of information. He also gifted me a 6 month sponsorship which i thought was really generous of him. So thank you COZ :tu: Now i have access to even more things!

Coz is the man!

• Like 2

I do believe it was approved by Sprint when I went up... That was the only way I knew to go...lol. However, my phone was acting goofy that day which is why I probably didn't pick it up.

The same way i knew that LTE was live is the same i knew it also had 1900 and 800 3G. I assure you its there. I'll be honest tho, I felt a little nervous that you would drive up there james and not be able to map it with sensorly. LOL i kept thinking i really hope it is live like it says it is or he is gonna be pissed at me. HAHA. Then sensorly went purple and i was like WHEW!!

• Like 2

Ah okay, I thought you were saying that you went up there before it was approved. Yeah must have been your phone then unless they were making adjustments while you were driving around.

I'm excited about LTE much like the majority but if it doesn't bring better Voice at the same time then ill be waiting longer for them to make that part of the service better in Columbus and the areas I travel. So is data quality over voice reliabilty?

As far as 800 in Centerburg, I can confirm this. I drive route 3 from Sunbury to Mt Vernon for work and I pick up 800. The LTE does not make it to route 3 though, mapped it all the way to work on Thursday and only got 3G.

If your phone is in an active data session on 3G (Running Sensorly without LTE) it will take your phone a lot longer to search for LTE if ever. This is the main reason the LTE Discovery app was created.

Today's post has been brought to you by Sprint, the letters GN and the number 2.

• Like 2