Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

The last three mornings I've hit over 500 points in Sensorly on LTE as I drive to and from my sons babysitter in Grove City. I've been shocked at the range of that tower considering it sits right on the outward east boundary of Grove City

Yeah I commented on the same thing. ( Comment #1356 on Page 68 ).. i drove there and the range is awesome.  Due to what Coz said and I also previously mentioned.  The terrain is fairly flat.  Cellular sites/ towers work best on the line of site principal.. in very flat terrain there is no obstructions.  I was doing a speed test driving east on 270 ( away from the LTE site ).. got about 7 or 8 Mb/s down and was about 2 miles away.. That single tower is doing 'wonders' for (at least a 2 to 3 miles stretch of) High street.. I was maybe a mile north of 270 ( on high ) and had good LTE.. those south of 270 ( on high ) are getting it better because the tower is closer to them.

rf40928 says:

Can you show me any proof of your 12 month "time limit" for all of us to move our plans?? 

I'll show you proof as soon as you show me proof that we will be covered with LTE this year. Haha, I'm just saying there are 1 type of service plans that DON'T specifiy unlimited data for life. And one set of NEW plans that do. I just used the jump to conculsions mat to figure out the rest.

quicksand jesus, on 25 Jul 2013 - 12:05 PM, said:

I'll show you proof as soon as you show me proof that we will be covered with LTE this year. Haha, I'm just saying there are 1 type of service plans that DON'T specifiy unlimited data for life. And one set of NEW plans that do. I just used the jump to conculsions mat to figure out the rest.

I personally don't think Sprint will force you off your current Everything Data plan or remove the Unlimited Data portion from it. What I do see happening is, that in the future, not today, not tomorrow or next Thursday, that you won't be able to do a Add-A-Line or activate new service on Everything Data's.

When I used to work for Sprint, we would activate people on old Voice Plans that worked with cheap Vision and Text plans until they removed it from the system. Subscribers were never forced off those plans, but those plans were compatible with WiMax so that's when people started losing them.

• Like 1

I showed you the qoute from the Sprint CEO.. The Unlimited Guarante is to assure those leaving other carriers THAT SPRINT WON'T REMOVE UNLIMITED DATA in the future - perhaps the only reason those customers would think of leaving ATT, Verizon 

I personally don't think Sprint will force you off your current Everything Data plan or remove the Unlimited Data portion from it. What I do see happening is, that in the future, not today, not tomorrow or next Thursday, that you won't be able to do a Add-A-Line or activate new service on Everything Data's.

I don't think it's worth their time.  AT&T still honors customers ( single accounts ) that had Unlimited Data Plans ( which haven't been in existence for maybe 3 years ).. I know someone personally who just got the iPhone 5 for free about a month ago ( with ATT ) and is still on the old Unlimited Data plan.. 

Maybe I said that wrong. Sprint CEO said the new plans will never remove unlmited data. He didn't say anything about the old plans. I think COZisBack is probably right though. That's how the plans always worked before when they made you change.

Maybe I said that wrong. Sprint CEO said the new plans will never remove unlmited data. He didn't say anything about the old plans. I think COZisBack is probably right though. That's how the plans always worked before when they made you change.

Business sense:  What good would it do if they pissed off long time ( loyal ) Sprint customers and made those people leave to other carriers?  The plan is to greatly increase subscriber base ( and therefore income ) and Sprint can't do that if long time customers are leaving while new ones join.. They know they must keep current customers and add new ones at the same time.  I beleive what Coz says because they could say you can't add more lines in the future .  Right now you still can - yes i just checked - but I won't need anymore lines then I (currently ) have so there's no reason for me to switch...  Maybe there never will be..

• Like 1

IMO I don't think unlimited is going anywhere anytime soon. One of the main reasons for the plan was that the number 1 concern for people switching was that at some point the unlimited data would go away. The plan was launched to convince people to port over to sprint. They have been sitting on the plan for awhile just waiting until they knew they would have clear wires spectrum.

• Like 2

I've been really excited about Sprint's NV rollout. 

From what I can see in other markets ( as well as what other's have said ).. It seems once sites start coming online - that they come online faster-  as that market progresses.  Chicago has been LTE and 800 for quite while, but in the NV reports you're still seeing LTE, 800, and 3G sites added even now to Chicago. Sprint seems to be launching markets when they're 'mostly' complete then continues filling in the weak spots even though that particular market was "officially luanched" long before.. If this analysis is close we can expect Columbus to launch but work will continue after. 

In fact NV (according to Sprint) will be done mid 2014.. but now that Softbank has bigger plans for Sprint ( and has commented most of the money Softbank gives ) will go to things like new base stations.. It seems Sprint will be doing alot more expansion/upgrades over the next two years ( long after NV is officially deployed )... Anyone want to add to that ??

• Like 1

Now to get really technical inquisitive!!  This is the Jackson Pk tower, north is up. Has anyone seen the orientation of the antennas? Is it like the other cells where there's an antenna on the north face, south east face and south west face? If that is the case, it's impressive at how far reaching that site is even being off axis with the antenna. It looks like being at south High and 270 you're about 50 degrees off axis if that's the case? 

Jackson Pk Tower.png

Now to get really technical inquisitive!!  This is the Jackson Pk tower, north is up. Has anyone seen the orientation of the antennas? Is it like the other cells where there's an antenna on the north face, south east face and south west face? If that is the case, it's impressive at how far reaching that site is even being off axis with the antenna. It looks like being at south High and 270 you're about 50 degrees off axis if that's the case? 

It appears to be the same as Morse, NW/SW/E. There isn't much down that way, to get in the way, so that signal is going to run.

This site is already listed as In Progress but I just wanted to give you all an update. digiblur got us set up with a Spreadsheet so we can track progress in Columbus. I'll need your assistance. PM me if you're interested in helping. It does require that you're a Sponsor as it includes content only available to sponsors.

Linden Area - Westerville/Denune

• Base Stations (Installed)
  • Antenna Panels (Not Installed)
  • RRUs/RRHs (Not Installed)
  • Backhaul (INSTALLED)

iArVRFu.jpg

a78Gjvh.jpg

bC6Uhzq.jpg

• Like 2

Is there an accessible spreadsheet that shows the active sectors? Wanting to check the one I got at Easton against the Morse road site. I got 388 there. Also 212 for the southwest Jackson Pike sector if it isn't already noted.

amcferrin90 I'm working on a spreadsheet now, but 388 is apart of Morse Road. You can check my signature for the post with the sector ID.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Well, it's Saturday. The Westerville updates were supposed to be finished today.

The Sprint support tech called me back yesterday as promised, but he went straight to voicemail as all inbound calls have been doing all week.

This morning, however, the first call I tried to make hooked up immediately instead of retrying for 10 minutes to connect.

Speedtest then followed. Much improved.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Well, it's Saturday. The Westerville updates were supposed to be finished today.

The Sprint support tech called me back yesterday as promised, but he went straight to voicemail as all inbound calls have been doing all week.

This morning, however, the first call I tried to make hooked up immediately instead of retrying for 10 minutes to connect.

Speedtest then followed. Much improved.

y5uje8yj.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Sweet, In my area ( east Columbus between Reynoldsburg and Blacklick ) I drop calls a lot in the last few months and data is usually pretty bad.

haven't been following whats going on in your area.. What updates did they do ?  Is the speedtest more consistent?

Was heading down 315 today when the 4g icon popped up on my phone..it was gone in about a minute but still managed to get a speed test...1.36 up and 0.24 down..anybody else had this happen?

You must of caught a week signal and then lost it. Run sensorly next time to map it.

Was heading down 315 today when the 4g icon popped up on my phone..it was gone in about a minute but still managed to get a speed test...1.36 up and 0.24 down..anybody else had this happen?

Where at?

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 4 Beta