Network Vision/LTE - Columbus Market

abrcrmdl23

digiblur posted the site ID. I'm on my phone so I can't see the map to tell exactly which one it is right now:

http://www.s4gru.com/index.php?/topic/682-Network-Vision-Site-Map---Ohio-Markets-&-West-Virginia&do=findComment&comment=174094

Network Vision Site Map - Ohio Markets & West Virginia

EDIT: Here's the site. It is on Jackson Pike, just north of Stringtown.

https://maps.google.com/?daddr=39.877490626865836,+-83.02647768556453&saddr=CB60XC257

The Serving Cell ID for 212 is either facing Southwest or Northwest. If someone is in the South High Street and 270 Area with a Samsung LTE phone it would be great to find out the Serving ID.

• Like 1

An AT&T guy in my office today working on some T1 circuits.  I was BS'ing with him and asked him about fiber.  He said he works on it and there's a whole crew in town that does nothing but fiber for Sprint recently.  He said they just installed one yesterday at a tower and I tracked it down to be the site at 270 & Georgesville Rd on SW side.  He said they are installing them all over the place in town for them like crazy recently - said it takes nearly a whole day just to install/provision the equipment once the fiber is ran to the site..  Good sign though! 

• Like 1

An AT&T guy in my office today working on some T1 circuits.  I was BS'ing with him and asked him about fiber.  He said he works on it and there's a whole crew in town that does nothing but fiber for Sprint recently.  He said they just installed one yesterday at a tower and I tracked it down to be CB73XC043 (270 & Georgesville Rd on SW side).  He said they are installing them all over the place in town for them like crazy recently - said it takes nearly a whole day just to install/provision the equipment once the fiber is ran to the site..  Good sign though! 

Yeah I think AT&T is doing a large portion of the work here. I know they're handling the tower by my house (Lancaster Ave tower in Reynoldsburg).

• Like 1

An AT&T guy in my office today working on some T1 circuits.  I was BS'ing with him and asked him about fiber.  He said he works on it and there's a whole crew in town that does nothing but fiber for Sprint recently.  He said they just installed one yesterday at a tower and I tracked it down to be  (270 & Georgesville Rd on SW side).  He said they are installing them all over the place in town for them like crazy recently - said it takes nearly a whole day just to install/provision the equipment once the fiber is ran to the site..  Good sign though! 

Can't use site IDs on public page.  May want to remove that.

Looks like a couple of towers on this end may have went active with LTE.

It's possible those are all the same tower. Each antenna has a different Serving Cell ID (Sector ID). 212 is one of them, 213 is another and 217 is the last. Do you know where you were when you pulled each of those numbers?

Just had the pleasure of being awaken by my phone buzzing and I thought it was text, but it was an alert I was picking up LTE in the house. Talk about a pleasant surprise. I wonder if sprint is conducting testing or tuning that triggered the pickup. Not everywhere in the house, but it's a pleasant surprise because I didn't get WiMax coverage in the house on my old Evo

You woke up to LTE in your house? Wow.. must be nice. .

Where part of town do you live?

An AT&T guy in my office today working on some T1 circuits.  I was BS'ing with him and asked him about fiber.  He said he works on it and there's a whole crew in town that does nothing but fiber for Sprint recently.  He said they just installed one yesterday at a tower and I tracked it down to be the site at 270 & Georgesville Rd on SW side.  He said they are installing them all over the place in town for them like crazy recently - said it takes nearly a whole day just to install/provision the equipment once the fiber is ran to the site..  Good sign though! 

Any way this guy can be your source for updates on fiber for a few weeks?

• Like 2

Decent read, if you want to hear CNet's standpoint on Sprint LTE delays:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57595175-94/why-sprint-is-taking-its-sweet-time-with-4g-lte/

• Like 2

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1035_3-57595175-94/why-sprint-is-taking-its-sweet-time-with-4g-lte/

Pretty much what everyone knew, but lends some credence when a mainstream outlet is reporting it. Basically, backhaul is taking longer than they thought, rebuilding an entire network takes time, etc.

• Like 2

Good read!

I left TMobile for Sprint 'cause of the iPhone 5. I didn't want to wait for them to start carrying it. I despise VZW and ATT is worse than Sprint for service.

My wife is still with TMo and recently upgraded to the iPhone. Now she's laughing at me because she's picking up their LTE while I can barely get data to work.

She warned me. I hate it when she's right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Good read!

I left TMobile for Sprint 'cause of the iPhone 5. I didn't want to wait for them to start carrying it. I despise VZW and ATT is worse than Sprint for service.

My wife is still with TMo and recently upgraded to the iPhone. Now she's laughing at me because she's picking up their LTE while I can barely get data to work.

Hey, you're close buddy! Before you both know it, you'll have LTE where she won't.

Did that CNET report say Clearwire's high frequency make indoor coverage BETTER!! Hahaha

Yeah..... I was like uh.... no!

Good read!

Take her 5 minutes outside of 270 and see if she still has 3G.

• Like 1

Good read!

In the end I think Sprint will beat T-Mobile by a long shot ... T-Mobile is slightly ahead but despite what you hear ... T-Mobile began working on 4G prep way back in 2010 changing equipment to support HPSA+ ( and which could easily be upgraded to LTE )..  Tmobile did the body of upgrade work in 2011 and 2012 because they began LTE trials in mid 2012.. So when all the T-Mobile 'Bots' come out of the walls and say T-Mobile rolled out LTE in 6 months - this is not accurate nor completely honest.  T-Mobile did what they did ( in 6 months ) because of 3 years worth of previous work and upgrades made this time frame possible...

Based on spectrum available, and budget...Sprint will surpass T-Mobile in LTE coverage...

Back to the T-Mobile upgrade time frame... This really isn't much different then Sprint ( which began the work in late 2011/ early 2012 ) .. Considering Sprint is switching out ALL of the old equipment ( and having to wait for backhaul ).. they are making good progress..  

Sprint is also using the most modern equipment.  It can be upgraded to new bands with a simple software update.  From what I understand Sprint can actually go LTE-A from a software upgrade !  ( http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/158342-a-rare-look-inside-an-lte-cell-site-operated-by-sprint-in-san-francisco   )  The other carriers can't..

References about T-Mobile 4g Prep:

Tmobile begins PREP work for 4G LTE  (dated 2010): http://www.dailytech.com/TMobile+Begins+Prep+For+4G+LTE+Network+Upgrades+to+HSPA/article17298.htm

Sensory is showing more purple on south 270 area .. I had to zoom in ..

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=Ohio

If this is accurate... Cleveland, Cinncy, Columbus : All have two LTE towers (and in only the last 4 weeks ).. looks as if  Ohio will be heavily LTE by end of year

Sensory is showing more purple on south 270 area .. I had to zoom in ..

http://www.sensorly.com/map/4G/US/USA/Sprint/lte_310sprint#q=Ohio

If this is accurate... Cleveland, Cinncy, Columbus : All have two LTE towers (and in only the last 4 weeks ).. looks as if  Ohio will be heavily LTE by end of year

Cinci may actually have three.... Stand by.

According to digi there are now three sites live with LTE in Cinci. One is also 3G accepted, no 800 yet though.

Edited by COZisBack

We only have one tower live. And its been like that for weeks. And I saw the same thing with single towers last week in Kentucky.

------

Well, now we have another LTE tower in Columbus .. South Columbus 270 / Jackson Road.. It's showing on sensorly and marked officially as "LTE"  on the Network Vision Complete Map ( found in the sponsor area ) ..

Cinci may actually have three.... Stand by.

According to digi there are now three sites live with LTE in Cinci. One is also 3G accepted, no 800 yet though.

------------------

Go to sensory and zoom... 3rd tower ( for Cinncy ) would appear to be east of 275 ....Let the good news keep coming more over the next few weeks ! 

That's 7 LTE towers in Ohio.. and how many more in the coming weeks.. ??

------------------

Go to sensory and zoom... 3rd tower ( for Cinncy ) would appear to be east of 275 ....Let the good news keep coming more over the next few weeks ! 

That's 7 LTE towers in Ohio.. and how many more in the coming weeks.. ??

It's hard to trust Sensorly sometimes for identifying if there is a new tower since there have been hits over 10 miles away. Same problem we ran into with the first on Morse, but, it is great to now have 7!

It's hard to trust Sensorly sometimes for identifying if there is a new tower since there have been hits over 10 miles away. Same problem we ran into with the first on Morse, but, it is great to now have 7!

Agreed,  that 3rd purple area (Cinncy ) is pretty distant - maybe 5 miles..

...Im glad Columbus has another tower

... it is great to now have 7!

----------------------

When you look at the NV Acceptance Reports..  Most cities  (at one time or another ) have 5 or 7 LTE sites turned on in one day.. Now wouldn't that be sweet for Columbus ?  We could log on any day and see that several LTE sites have been turned on in Columbus - especially once things pick up steam..

But even more then Blue ( LTE ) sites on the map .. I'm hoping for more Green sites ( 3G/800/LTE ) and Yellow sites ( 3G/4G ) which means better everything

• Like 1