Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

New to the forums, but I have been glancing at S4GRU for a little bit...maybe since this summer.

Today, I was blessed with 4G! I was in the Cutler Bay area near Southland Mall, and lo and behold, a 4G connection! A couple weeks ago, I forget where I was, I saw the badge flash for a second, but it immediately went back to 3G. But today, I had the connection for as long as I was in that area. As I headed back to Homestead on the turnpike, it dropped out around Exit 5 I believe.

Youtubes loaded super quick, I have a NAS and an app that lets me access it remotely, so I tried connecting to it to play a song, and the song loaded in full in SECONDS. Usually, it's sputtering and the music will play and stop...play and stop....frustrating.

Finally, I did a couple speed tests. Check it:

Well...I can't figure out how to upload a picture here, but here are the results:

1st Test: Ping - 34ms; DL - 8.74Mbps; UL - 9.02Mbps

2nd Test: Ping - 46ms: DL - 17.80Mbps; UL - 11.86Mbps (2nd test was done immediately after completion of 1st test)

I will upload the results screen (4G badge!) as soon as I figure it out.

I know that this won't be the case everywhere, and I'll be doggone if my job isn't shipping me out of this area soon, but it felt like victory to get a hefty sample of the advanced network I've been paying an extra $10 a month for over the last 2 years (Samsung Epic 4G before this phone).

New to the forums, but I have been glancing at S4GRU for a little bit...maybe since this summer.

Today, I was blessed with 4G! I was in the Cutler Bay area near Southland Mall, and lo and behold, a 4G connection! A couple weeks ago, I forget where I was, I saw the badge flash for a second, but it immediately went back to 3G. But today, I had the connection for as long as I was in that area. As I headed back to Homestead on the turnpike, it dropped out around Exit 5 I believe.

Youtubes loaded super quick, I have a NAS and an app that lets me access it remotely, so I tried connecting to it to play a song, and the song loaded in full in SECONDS. Usually, it's sputtering and the music will play and stop...play and stop....frustrating.

Well...I can't figure out how to upload a picture here, but here are the results:

2nd Test: Ping - 46ms: DL - 17.80Mbps; UL - 11.86Mbps (2nd test was done immediately after completion of 1st test)

I know that this won't be the case everywhere, and I'll be doggone if my job isn't shipping me out of this area soon, but it felt like victory to get a hefty sample of the advanced network I've been paying an extra $10 a month for over the last 2 years (Samsung Epic 4G before this phone).

Just needed to expand the reply window...doi...anyway, screen shot attached. You can see the abysmal "before" speeds below and conveniently enough, a wifi speed test for comparing.

post-8500-0-72714000-1354751356_thumb.png

Welcome abroad. This LTE area was discovered awhile back. Starts turnpike coral reef to turnpike 288st...it's a big chunk of LTE..enjoy!

Sent from iPhone5 via Tapatalk

Welcome abroad. This LTE area was discovered awhile back. Starts turnpike coral reef to turnpike 288st...it's a big chunk of LTE..enjoy!

Oh ok, thanks, man. Seems I should have activated the LTE on my phone a long time ago! And that is a nice, big chunk! Too bad it doesn't include the actual Sprint store on 136...

Oh ok, thanks, man. Seems I should have activated the LTE on my phone a long time ago! And that is a nice, big chunk! Too bad it doesn't include the actual Sprint store on 136...

Download sensorly app to keep track of LTE areas in Miami and USA. I'm within 1-2 blocks away from sw 120st on turnpike (I live inside Kendall breeze) there's reported LTE there and I pick it up everyday on my iPhone 5. As soon as I turn into my complex it goes away...soooo close LOL

care to report where is your house/neighborhood? dont have to be specific if you are paranoid lol. Just an intersection.

emerald hills area of hollywood. Theres been LTE on Sheridan and southward towards Hollywood Blvd. and northward around Griffin to the airport but never in between. Today I finally got driving around my neighborhood. Around 8 mbps dl. But as usual, literally as soon as I entered a Winn Dixie and my house, the 4G was gone and back to 3G. Still haven't been able to connect to 4G inside a building. One step at a time

Download sensorly app to keep track of LTE areas in Miami and USA. I'm within 1-2 blocks away from sw 120st on turnpike (I live inside Kendall breeze) there's reported LTE there and I pick it up everyday on my iPhone 5. As soon as I turn into my complex it goes away...soooo close LOL

Haha...DAAAAAAMN, DAAAAAMN, DAAAAAAMN!!!!

I can confirm new lte tower has been lit up in broward. i take the same route to work everyday and today i got lte on us-1 from the 595-exit (there was lte there but it would go back to 3g as soon as i headed north on us-1). today i had lte from the us-1 loop heading north all the way to 17th street causeway. It went back to 3G once i hit the bridge that goes over the intercoastal. Speeds were very impressive the whole drive. :)

I've identified that it was site located at the Comfort Suite Hotel broadcasting LTE off US-1. I mapped more coverage on Sensorly up to SE 9th Street. I could clearly identify the new LTE panels installed on two corners of the Hotel..

Speedtest result

Screenshot_2012-12-02-17-58-27.png

Possibly. It wasn't skipped, something is just taking longer, or they haven't gotten to it yet. It shouldn't be too long now though.

I hope so. I got lte to the south of me in coral springs an to the north of me in delray. But boca must have strict laws against tower work or somthing cause I went by like 5 towers an nothing which surprises me

I mapped some lte in delray. I did some speed tests an got up to 33 mbps dwn. But I noticed after a lil bit of doin speed tests my speeds went to under 3 mbps does anyone think I got throttled? Also I mapped linton to federal an then went down federal a little bit then my phone dies lol perfect timing.

http://db.tt/WiVNKLhT

http://db.tt/FOZMm6Lj

I wonder how far it goes down federal

random question. does anyone know how sprint ranks among the top carriers in south florida as far as number of active sprint users. i was surprised to find out verizon is 4th. i assume att is 1st due to all the transient people going international a lot. and also does anyone know sprint's biggest markets?

In the early 90's, we got on Cingular, which later morphed into AT&T, then switched to T-Mobile, then back to AT&T, where we remained for several years. Late last August, we went to Sprint, in part because they had the best phone for our needs.

Maybe it's the areas or luck, but we are happily surprised. We get less dropped calls than with AT&T, and the customer service (including website) is superior. My usage is light, but my wife uses her phone as a second office, as often she's out to meet clients and make presentations. She spends much time on voice, and writes/answers many emails and texts. Admittedly, she doesn't do Radio Shack searches.

As far as your claim that Metro PCS has less dropped calls -- we actually feel sorry for the few Metro users in her office, as they are plagued with bad coverage and dropped calls.

MetroPCS flat out sucks here in Miami. We got rid of metro service 4 months ago in our company. We thought we where saving money by having no contracts, but their service and customer service sucked. We now have Verizon service on those 5 lines. Very satisfied and LTE is plentiful here in Miami. I was thinking that if by June 2013 sprint LTE isn't broadly available here I'll be taking my wife's line and mine to Verizon. Only reason why I've stayed with sprint so long is because of unlimited data.

get the unlimited 4g plan and you won't be throttled. They recently had it on sale for $55/month

I got lte from sprint in delray an I got up to 35 mbps. My friend has metro an his max is 8-15. I think sprints will be faster cause they are doing over there infrastructure. An in boca it will be fast(when it gets hear) cause it is not heavily populated

I got lte from sprint in delray an I got up to 35 mbps. My friend has metro an his max is 8-15. I think sprints will be faster cause they are doing over there infrastructure. An in boca it will be fast(when it gets hear) cause it is not heavily populated

Sprint speeds are faster because they use 5MHz channels. If memory serves, MetroPCS is using 3MHz and 1.4MHz LTE channels.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

35mbps...wow! Gives me hope...please sooner rather than later!

There's a tower on 67th avenue and around 16th st with the panels installed but is not broadcasting any signal. Hopefully it will go live next week. There's already LTE in the area from two nearby towers broadcasting but once that one goes live the signal should be stronger and more consistent.

There's a tower on 67th avenue and around 16th st with the panels installed but is not broadcasting any signal. Hopefully it will go live next week. There's already LTE in the area from two nearby towers broadcasting but once that one goes live the signal should be stronger and more consistent.
In Margate?

35mbps...wow! Gives me hope...please sooner rather than later!

I live in west boca an im between 2 towers on 441 and I been going by other towers an I havent seen any work done. I dont think work started in boca yet