Network Vision/LTE - Miami/West Palm Market

Mondays In Flames

** This is the site I'm asking about.

Please ask in a sponsor forum, we cannot discuss site specifics outside of the sponsor forums.

Also, there really is no way to tell on any site when it will be live, the only information that Robert has is when a site is accepted by Sprint as complete. The only way to know when it is broadcasting a signal, is to actually see it.

Please ask in a sponsor forum, we cannot discuss site specifics outside of the sponsor forums.

Also, there really is no way to tell on any site when it will be live, the only information that Robert has is when a site is accepted by Sprint as complete. The only way to know when it is broadcasting a signal, is to actually see it.

Roger that.

They aren't really looking at number of sites, but their interpretation of the coverage provide by the currently upgraded sites. Looking at the coverage on sensory right now, if expansion continues like it has the past several weeks, they may be at a launchable position by mid December. Work will continue well into 2013 to finish all the sites, and coverage certainly won't be 100% even in the city, but there would be enough for a launch.

Based on what I've read here Sprint will soft launch a market when completed sites are somewhere in the range 30% - 40%. At the current rate, I don't see them hitting December timeline unless they ramp up to at least the 40 sites per week.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Based on what I've read here Sprint will soft launch a market when completed sites are somewhere in the range 30% - 40%. At the current rate, I don't see them hitting December timeline unless they ramp up to at least the 40 sites per week.

Soft launch already happened.... soft launch means they allow the LTE signal to be discoverable. And you're right, the original idea was they were going to launch a MARKET when 30-40% of sites were completed. They changed that, they are now doing individual cities or metros for PR reasons. When the Miami metro reaches 40% will be different than when the Miami market reaches 40%. They will be able to make the announcement and add Miami to the coverage maps long before the whole market is close to being done.

Soft launch already happened.... soft launch means they allow the LTE signal to be discoverable. And you're right, the original idea was they were going to launch a MARKET when 30-40% of sites were completed. They changed that, they are now doing individual cities or metros for PR reasons. When the Miami metro reaches 40% will be different than when the Miami market reaches 40%. They will be able to make the announcement and add Miami to the coverage maps long before the whole market is close to being done.

I don't believe they were launched, only announced that LTE deployment has begun in the area.

I don't believe they were launched, only announced that LTE deployment has begun in the area.

There is no announcement for the soft launch. Soft launch is allowing the signal to be discoverable. Which is happening. The only time we saw an "announcement" was a leaked document telling employees that Chicago and Boston were in pre-launch mode.

There are 170 sites in the NYC market that have already been converted to Network Vision standards in our Sponsor maps. AlcaLu is famous for all of a sudden turning on a bunch of these suddenly over a one or two week period. This is what they did in Boston and Baltimore. At some point in the next few weeks you are likely to see a lot more LTE coverage than now. And probably enough that Sprint could do a market launch if they chose to. However, the Hurricane probably is causing some delay.

Robert via Samsung Note II via Tapatalk

So you're saying Ericsson may be doing the same in our market? I was only speaking on the West Palm Beach/Miami market specifically.

So you're saying Ericsson may be doing the same in our market? I was only speaking on the West Palm Beach/Miami market specifically.

Sorry, got my wires crossed. Thought I was in the NYC thread. I don't use Tapatalk very often. It doesn't show the title thread at the top of the page when reading the thread like Forum Runner. It is easy to get confused where you are at.

To respond to your point, Sprint would only need approximately 20 well placed sites in Dade County, 20 for Broward and 15 for Palm Beach to have a launchable amount if service. That is more than possible before the end of December.

Since west palm beach only needs 15 to launch is that cause west palm a small market or cause the towers have lots of range

There are less sites in PBC. I went through and did a quick take off of cherry picked existing sites that could be used to give substantial coverage. I needed a little less in PBC than Broward or Dade.

There are less sites in PBC. I went through and did a quick take off of cherry picked existing sites that could be used to give substantial coverage. I needed a little less in PBC than Broward or Dade.

I got a question for u. If u look at sensorly an i noticed lte popping up in pompano an parts of deerfeild I'm just a little north an west of the lte like about 25 min north in the west part of boca. Do u think it is possible lte could pop up closer to me in the next few weeks? I looked at a few towers an did not notice any changes to them. So I'm kinda curious if there is any work going on in boca. I am getting ehrpd which i guess is a good sign

I used sensorly to map out areas where it was not mapped. I clicked on map my trip an i went around areas where there were no lte on sensorly an after i was done an ended the mapped trip but nothing added to the map

I put the coordinates shown in your last screenshot on Sensorly and it shows the area has been mapped. Was this you? I dont know if it was mapped before you, I assume its you since its in the same exact coordinates.

post-2326-0-10207800-1353000905_thumb.jpg

I put the coordinates shown in your last screenshot on Sensorly and it shows the area has been mapped. Was this you? I dont know if it was mapped before you, I assume its you since its in the same exact coordinates.

post-2326-0-10207800-1353000905_thumb.jpg

O it did work lol yea that was me lol. I got some nice speeds an i saw 2 towerS. Now i know what to look for in boca where i live

Yeah so like I said, it usually takes a couple minutes for it to show on Sensorly.com etc (by my experience).

About how fast LTE is: only place I have experienced fast LTE (as in 25 megs download like you just experienced) has been in the Miami Gardens tower on 47th ave and 183rd st. The towers by the Palmetto and 836 have always been less than 1 meg download! (i have posted about this before and Robert said it might be backhaul etc).

Yeah so like I said, it usually takes a couple minutes for it to show on Sensorly.com etc (by my experience).

About how fast LTE is: only place I have experienced fast LTE (as in 25 megs download like you just experienced) has been in the Miami Gardens tower on 47th ave and 183rd st. The towers by the Palmetto and 836 have always been less than 1 meg download! (i have posted about this before and Robert said it might be backhaul etc).

Yo i jus got off the phone with sprint an the guy told me they just finished a tower in west boca raton by the turnpike. I'm going to look up the tower because there is i think 3 towers by the turnpike. I think the intersection is glades an boca rio road. I went by the towers there 3 weeks ago an i got nothing. I'm going to check it out when i get my car back cause my mom stole it lol