Network Vision/LTE - Philadelphia Metro Market (including Lehigh Valley/Reading)

HappyHappy

I drove on I-78 today through the Hellertown exit and saw strong LTE on the Sensorly map, but I couldn't seem to get my EVO LTE to connect... I did airplane mode a few times and also restarted it. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the 2 or so minutes I spent driving through the area not enough to pick up the signal? It was showing very dark purple on the map.

I drove on I-78 today through the Hellertown exit and saw strong LTE on the Sensorly map, but I couldn't seem to get my EVO LTE to connect... I did airplane mode a few times and also restarted it. Am I doing something wrong? Or is the 2 or so minutes I spent driving through the area not enough to pick up the signal? It was showing very dark purple on the map.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Same here. Dark purple areas on the map yet LTE won't kick in no matter how many x's I toggle airplane mode or restart.

The signal for LTE is not active 24/7 during testing.

So then how would most normal people who don't have access to select information know when testing is complete?

Drexel Hill area is live with LTE, as well as along 476 near Conshohocken.

I agree but it's not really available yet. I think it's still going through a testing phrase. It's been on for 2 straight days without going on and off. Sometimes when it's on, there is a bit of connectivity issues despite strong signals and an active 4G LTE network.

So then how would most normal people who don't have access to select information know when testing is complete?

Sprint will make a formal announcement on its news page stating the philadelphia market is launched. Once they make the announcement that the market is launched, the sites will remain on.

• Like 1

I must say the coverage at citizens bank park is fantastic I had LTE everywhere I went and the speeds even under heavy load remained around 3-4Mbps I was pretty satisfied.

That is sweet when I had AT&T I couldn't even make a phone call at the ballpark

I must say the coverage at citizens bank park is fantastic I had LTE everywhere I went and the speeds even under heavy load remained around 3-4Mbps I was pretty satisfied.

That is awesome considering that wimax was terrible there before.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Yeah I was really surprised at the coverage and quality I didn't expect this from sprint, if this what I can expect when LTE is widespread I would be pretty happy.

As it stands with the fiber optics outfit I am with, all the existing sites with Fiber Access EXCEPT FOR SITES SLATED TO GET REBUILT AND/OR NEW MM-BTS's HAVE BEEN LIT UP!!!! The sites that needs the new BTS's are all set except for the BTS. Now we are moving into sites that have never had fiber installed and now its going to get a bit slower as the summer months creep closer and more and more construction begins.

There is another bit of good news/bad news however: we have started onto sites in South and Central Jersey.... but each and every single site will require a entire plethora of construction since none of those sites have fiber.

I'll have pics posted soon.

• Like 3

Yeah I was really surprised at the coverage and quality I didn't expect this from sprint, if this what I can expect when LTE is widespread I would be pretty happy.

WiMAX was Clearwire. Network Vision is Sprint. The two deployments share nothing in common, and you should not use the former to prejudge the latter.

AJ

WiMAX was Clearwire. Network Vision is Sprint. The two deployments share nothing in common, and you should not use the former to prejudge the latter.

AJ

Oh I am not, I've never used a WiMax device, this is my first time ever with sprint.

AJ

Thanks AJ, I am well aware that it is comparing apples to oranges and am just excited that there is going to be usable 4G at a place I frequent during the summer months. Although Sprint did market their initial 4G offering several years ago based on wimax, I do understand the significance of the NV build out and how they are very different things.

Although Sprint did market their initial 4G offering several years ago based on wimax, I do understand the significance of the NV build out and how they are very different things.

Correct. Sprint marketed WiMAX as its first 4G solution, and for that reason, many people erroneously think that Sprint was responsible for the WiMAX deployment (or lack thereof). I am glad, though, that you recognize the difference.

AJ

As it stands with the fiber optics outfit I am with, all the existing sites with Fiber Access EXCEPT FOR SITES SLATED TO GET REBUILT AND/OR NEW MM-BTS's HAVE BEEN LIT UP!!!! The sites that needs the new BTS's are all set except for the BTS. Now we are moving into sites that have never had fiber installed and now its going to get a bit slower as the summer months creep closer and more and more construction begins.

There is another bit of good news/bad news however: we have started onto sites in South and Central Jersey.... but each and every single site will require a entire plethora of construction since none of those sites have fiber.

I'll have pics posted soon.

Does this include the Lehigh Valley as well?!

I can confirm the sports complex has great coverage. Was in the "M" lot during the day and the ball park had exceptional coverage!

Does anyone know when a particular tower that is showing upgraded 3G will be upgraded to 4G? (PL03XC028)I have a customer that really needs that tower upgraded and I want to know around when it is slated to get LTE..

Does anyone know when a particular tower that is showing upgraded 3G will be upgraded to 4G? (PL03XC028)I have a customer that really needs that tower upgraded and I want to know around when it is slated to get LTE..

I don't think anyone outside of Sprint knows when a specific tower will be broadcasting 4G, although in most cases from my understanding when a site is upgraded to 3G it is also 4G ready, just not yet turned on or accepted. So it's usually just a few months down the road when 4G is turned on, barring any setbacks.

Great LTE coverage down at Xfinity Live on Saturday and at the Stadium on Sunday.

Yeah I am impressed at the coverage and speeds down there even at such a large event, I had a good mile or two of LTE all around the stadium.

It seemed like there was a lot of tower activity today in the Bensalem area. LTE was off & on several times and my BSL for 1xRTT was bouncing all over the place while I sat in my office. At one point my voice service was practically non-existent while I was connected to a tower in Willingboro, NJ (almost 5 miles away). This went on throughout the day for several hours...it was extremely frustrating trying to get business done, but hopefully it will result in some more LTE accepted sites over the next few days/weeks.

• Like 2