Would lte rollout be quicker if light squared was allowed to use their spectrum?

None that I know of. Are you thinking of SDARS (e.g. Sirius XM) terrestrial repeaters?

AJ

He may be thinking of Wide Area Augmentation System (WAAS). I really don't know much about it, but its growing in aviation. Essentially, this system uses ground based reference stations to measure variation/deviation in GPS signals, as a result making GPS more accurate. It will allow aircraft to make precision approaches with GPS, which, before, GPS was limited to non-precision approaches.

And that is why I love this site... ask a question, get all possible answers.

For the record, I was thinking that the ground based system would have a stronger signal and therefore be used instead of the satellite GPS signal, which would still be useful for aircraft and in rural areas where the L-band spectrum was not deployed.

I guess now the question becomes: is there another similar sized amount of unused (or easily convertible) spectrum that they can swap for Lightsquared's? Also, what can this spectrum be used for in the future? Is it enough spectrum for another satellite tv provider? Is there something that it ideally should be used for?

Another question: if they can swap the spectrum and quickly go to market, will sprint be the likely partner because of their past relations & NV's hosting abilities, or will the process start over again?