Current southwest Chicago area- can't make calls

Wolvan

Down in the New Lenox (Joliet) area all 3 of my phones (my epic, wifes 4gtouch and motherinlaws old flip phone can't makephone calls. Data works, but won't call. Won't get ring the call. If you call from a landline it goes to voicemail. I think all day we have successfully had 3 calls work. Rt 66 raceway is down the road, but they usually put up temp towers. Never been issue before.

Really annoyed. Things have been much better in general lately too.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Seems like a NV-transition zone. Samsung & Motorola site HW is having conflicts.

It'll get better soon.

I thought that only occurred when there was a handoff between sites during a call?

Down in the New Lenox (Joliet) area all 3 of my phones (my epic, wifes 4gtouch and motherinlaws old flip phone can't makephone calls. Data works, but won't call. Won't get ring the call. If you call from a landline it goes to voicemail. I think all day we have successfully had 3 calls work. Rt 66 raceway is down the road, but they usually put up temp towers. Never been issue before.

Really annoyed. Things have been much better in general lately too.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Have you contacted Sprint? There may be an outage in your area. Also check to see if there is any upcoming "band-aid" fixes, I know when they did some in my area it caused some issues but they didn't last long: http://network.sprint.com/

Yah, I tried calling Sprint, they had nothing helpful as usual.

Eventually phone calls came back. Just took a while, then even on calls it would take like 10-15 seconds to connect.

They did most of the tower upgrades back in April so we already went through that pain of drop calls.

We were over on Rt. 59 in Naperville this past weekend, and my wife could hardly connect or keep a call going. However, the next day we were on I-80 heaed towards Iowa and calls connected regularly, with no issues. There no one, consistent behavior that we have seen, just general service problems. However, I am seem sporadic 'upticks' in 3G speed around the Joliet / Plainfield area.

We were so frustrated, I called and complained & threatened to drop my service a third time a couple of weeks ago. We have a two line account & my wife's BB is droppping calls regularly, probably a combination of a device issue and NV upgrade / backhaul work. They credited our account this month and for several future months since we've been seeing the issue regularly since Februrary and then sent us an Airwave device to use in our home. We haven't connected the Airwave yet because we spend more time away from home and she needs something more reliable in the chicagoland area as opposed to solely working at home.

Yah, I tried calling Sprint, they had nothing helpful as usual.

Eventually phone calls came back. Just took a while, then even on calls it would take like 10-15 seconds to connect.

They did most of the tower upgrades back in April so we already went through that pain of drop calls.

Edited by eljam