250 employees move from Ericsson to Sprint

Saw this little article this afternoon trying to give some explanation as to why Sprint's stock slid $0.20/share today. Tiny bit of insight. Sounds like Ericsson is having issues handling the LTE deployment.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-06-25/sprint-declines-amid-concern-over-expansion-of-faster-network.html?cmpid=yhoo

Saw this little article this afternoon trying to give some explanation as to why Sprint's stock slid $0.20/share today. Tiny bit of insight. Sounds like Ericsson is having issues handling the LTE deployment.

http://www.bloomberg...html?cmpid=yhoo

I just saw this as well. It surprised me when I first found out that Sprint was mostly a "holding" company and outsourced most tasks to contracted companies. I wonder if this trend will continue with any other positions. Also, I'm assuming none of the design is handled by Ericcson, only the actual maintenance/running of it. This would imply that Ericsson was having issues running the nascent, rather small network of LTE sites currently up? Surprising to say the least.

EDIT - Also, I'm aware that AT&T contracts out the running of their network as well and that Verizon controls it in house. What do the other providers do? T-Mobile, Leap, etc.?

Edited by Boosted20V

I just saw this as well. It surprised me when I first found out that Sprint was mostly a "holding" company and outsourced most tasks to contracted companies. I wonder if this trend will continue with any other positions. Also, I'm assuming none of the design is handled by Ericcson, only the actual maintenance/running of it. This would imply that Ericsson was having issues running the nascent, rather small network of LTE sites currently up? Surprising to say the least.

EDIT - Also, I'm aware that AT&T contracts out the running of their network as well and that Verizon controls it in house. What do the other providers do? T-Mobile, Leap, etc.?

Ericsson manages the day-to-day running of the network. They have for about 3 or 4 years now. Plus they manage numerous cell networks around the world. Kind of surprising if Ericsson is the hiccup here.

I doubt the share price went down due to this article but the fact that the market was down today. I see very little information in this article that would alarm me about the pending NV deployment as a Sprint shareholder. I would like to see the report referred to by Detwiler Fenton & Co.

I doubt the share price went down due to this article but the fact that the market was down today. I see very little information in this article that would alarm me about the pending NV deployment as a Sprint shareholder. I would like to see the report referred to by Detwiler Fenton & Co.

Agreed, the market got slammed today. Sprint fared better than I thought they would to be honest.