Forum Runner apk

Odell

Ok so I bought ForumRunner from the Google Play store and now I want to put it on my Kindle Fire but I don't think I should have to pay for it again from the Amazon App Store. Does anyone know how I can find the apk on my Evo LTE without being rooted?

As far as I know there is no restriction on using an app that you've paid for on more than one device. Am I correct in that assumption?

Ok so I bought ForumRunner from the Google Play store and now I want to put it on my Kindle Fire but I don't think I should have to pay for it again from the Amazon App Store. Does anyone know how I can find the apk on my Evo LTE without being rooted?

As far as I know there is no restriction on using an app that you've paid for on more than one device. Am I correct in that assumption?

I take it you are not interested in rooting the KF and putting ICS on it?

I believe that if you use an app backup tool (like app backup and restore), it will save an apk of every program you designate that is not protected on your SD card.

As far as the legality... I don't know.

I take it you are not interested in rooting the KF and putting ICS on it?

I believe that if you use an app backup tool (like app backup and restore), it will save an apk of every program you designate that is not protected on your SD card.

As far as the legality... I don't know.

Rooting my Kindle doesn't offer me any benefits based on my usage of it. I would rather not deal with any possible stability issues that may come from rooting and putting ICS on it.

I really don't have an absolute need to have Forum Runner on the Fire but I just figured it would be a nice alternative. Sometimes I don't feel like going to the laptop and seeing things on a bigger screen is helpful on occasion.

Rooting my Kindle doesn't offer me any benefits based on my usage of it. I would rather not deal with any possible stability issues that may come from rooting and putting ICS on it.

I really don't have an absolute need to have Forum Runner on the Fire but I just figured it would be a nice alternative. Sometimes I don't feel like going to the laptop and seeing things on a bigger screen is helpful on occasion.

Perfectly understandable. I haven't kept up on the status of the kernal, but they were having issues with battery drain when it was "off" and charging issues. I will investigate further when I have time, if nobody else chimes in with a better solution.

Can you install an apk from outside the amazon store on an unmodified kindle?

Perfectly understandable. I haven't kept up on the status of the kernal' date=' but they were having issues with battery drain when it was "off" and charging issues. I will investigate further when I have time, if nobody else chimes in with a better solution.

Can you install an apk from outside the amazon store on an unmodified kindle?[/quote']

I thought you could sideload an app if you download the apk to the kindle but I have never actually tried it.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Forum Runner

Rooting and putting a stock operating system with a regular launcher doesn't cause any issues. The build prop is also changed to another tablet to make all the apps in the google store show up.

Even if you do sideload it the google store is not on your tablet so you could have licensing issues.

So much easier to slap a rooted stock os on there and call it day and it becomes a real tablet instead of the locked down amazon garbage.

Sent from my C64 w/Epyx FastLoad cartridge

• Like 1

I understand why others would root it and that's cool. I have no need or desire to use my Kindle as a "real tablet" at this time. It serves me very well exactly like it is.

You can sideload apps on the Kindle Fire. I sideloaded Dropbox and some other apps.

You can use ES File Manager or Astro to extract the apk.

I tried searching my Evo for the apk for ForumRunner using Astro but I couldn't find it. Maybe I wasn't looking in the right spot. The app is installed on the SD card so I figured the folder with the apk would be there but I can't find it.

download App Backup & Restore from Google Play

open it and archive forum runner

find your archive folder, it should be App_Backup_Restore

copy it onto your kindle fire

sideload

?????

profit

• Like 1

download App Backup & Restore from Google Play

open it and archive forum runner

find your archive folder' date=' it should be App_Backup_Restore

copy it onto your kindle fire

sideload

?????

profit[/quote']

My man!

Sent from my newly Forum Runnered Kindle Fire!

• Like 3

I understand why others would root it and that's cool. I have no need or desire to use my Kindle as a "real tablet" at this time. It serves me very well exactly like it is.

My feelings exactly. I thought about rooting but the Fire does what want to do with it now so why bother.

I know you have already used App Backup and Restore but

Using ES File Manager

"Manager" >> "App Manager" >> Long press on app >> "backup" >> Extracted .apk files will be placed in "backups"

Using ASTRO

"Application Backup" >> choose apps to backup and click on "backup" >> Extracted .apk files will be placed in "backups"

You can change the directory for both in the settings.

• Like 1