Sprint affiliate signs on for LTE

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 3 February 2012

Shenandoah Telecommunications CO which provides service in the mid-atlantic and southeastern U.S. has signed an agreement with Sprint that is similar to Verizon's Rural America plan. Shentel will retrofit its towers based on Sprints NV model and run LTE on Sprint's spectrum.

http://www.fiercewireless.com/story/shentel-become-sprint-lte-affiliate/2012-02-03

Migrated from Original Forum. Originally Posted 3 February 2012

I was just completing the article when you posted this. I think Shentel will end up being a good and consistent leaker of Network Vision info. I'm going to be listening to their earnings call next week very closely!

Looks like Sprint has signed an agreement with Simplexity to be an MVNE. Looks like this outfit also provides services to Clearwire and LightSquared.

http://www.simplexity.com/simplexity-mvno-services-announces-multi-year-wholesale-agreement-with-sprint-to-offer-branded-data-and-voice-solutions/

Simplexity MVNO Services Announces Multi-Year Wholesale Agreement with Sprint to Offer Branded Data and Voice Solutions

RESTON, VA – February 6, 2012 – Simplexity MVNO Services, a fully integrated Mobile Virtual Network Enabler (MVNE), has announced an agreement with Sprint whereby Simplexity will utilize the Sprint nationwide wireless network to offer third-party branded voice and data services.

Simplexity MVNO Services is currently a Mobile Virtual Network Enabler (MVNE) providing a full suite of solutions to support Mobile Virtual Network Operators (MVNO) that have direct wholesale agreements with Sprint. Under this latest agreement, Simplexity will become a direct wholesale customer of Sprint to provide customized wireless offerings to its partners, which include national retailers, online retailers, OEMs, direct marketing organizations, CLECs and affinity groups. In addition, Sprint has authorized Simplexity to resell Sprint’s wholesale services making it even easier for MVNOs to access Sprint’s nationwide network.

“Our newest agreement with Sprint enables Simplexity to provide its partners with even more options for customized wireless services,” said Terry Hsu, president of Simplexity MVNO Services. “We can leverage our infrastructure, scale, and industry experience to support MVNOs that have direct wholesale agreements with Sprint, and we can now utilize our own wholesale agreement to provide turnkey , branded wireless offerings for any of our partners. In either case, Simplexity can provide end-to-end solutions so our partners can focus on sales, marketing, and customer acquisition.”

Simplexity’s industry leading MVNE solutions reduce the cost, complexity and time required to launch and operate an MVNO. Its proven platform enables any business or organization the ability to offer fully customized wireless services. Simplexity's solutions include sales and order acquisition, activation and provisioning, distribution and logistics, billing and subscriber lifecycle management, customer care, and management analytics.

“Sprint is in the business of enabling wireless MVNO’s to grow their subscribers and revenues, while taking market share,” said Bill Esrey, vice president, Wholesale Sales – Sprint. “This agreement with Simplexity will expand the availability of options for companies seeking to provide quality voice and data wireless services to their customers.”

olutions

Some more details on Shentel's Network Vision rollout: http://seekingalpha....ment-transcript

They reveal a fair amount in their presentation and the Q&A, worth a read.

Posted an article about it. Thanks for the lead. I was going to put the call on my "To Do List" last week, but I forgot. I was very busy working with forum migration. :mad2: