Asurion Replacements (different phones than what you had)

lynyrd65

So let me preface this with a disclaimer that I do not endorse the brand of fraud that threads like this generally bring out. I have cracked my phone (a while ago) in a real accident and have every intention of mailing the cracked phone to asurion, rather than report it stolen and sell it for parts or port it to cricket as many defrauders do.

I have been wondering if I could possibly get my Nexus S 4G replaced with a G-Nex so as to avoid having to use my upgrade on a 1900 LTE only phone.

Have any of you received a replacement from Asurion that was an "upgrade" from what you had? For example, an Evo 3D for an Evo OG?

So let me preface this with a disclaimer that I do not endorse the brand of fraud that threads like this generally bring out. I have cracked my phone (a while ago) in a real accident and have every intention of mailing the cracked phone to asurion, rather than report it stolen and sell it for parts or port it to cricket as many defrauders do.

I have been wondering if I could possibly get my Nexus S 4G replaced with a G-Nex so as to avoid having to use my upgrade on a 1900 LTE only phone.

Have any of you received a replacement from Asurion that was an "upgrade" from what you had? For example, an Evo 3D for an Evo OG?

My wife received a replacement OG EVO for her EVO a month and a half ago, even though they were giving out EVO 3D's for a long time for OG EVO's. Her best friend had received an EVO 3D from Asurion last December in place of an OG EVO.

So even if they have started given out GNex's as replacements to Nexus S models, you still run the risk of getting a Nexus S. It all depends on what is in stock when you call. They constantly get old devices that are rebuilt from the OEM, even after EOL. You are rolling the dice, no matter what.

Robert

• Like 1

As long as there are Nexus S's being carried by customers with insurance, you have a good chance of getting another Nexus S. Getting an EVO3D for an Evo is far more of an equal trade than expecting a Galaxy nexus for a Nexus S. In the event they have no refurbed Nexus S's on hand, they would try to exchange it for another phone of similar radios/build.... meaning you would probably be offered an Evo3D, maybe a Galaxy 2 or other wimax phone. Considering all the wimax phones sprint is rumored to have on hand, they're likely going to override and ship you a new wimax device, worst case scenario, before they ship you an lte device.

Long ago, I got a "upgraded" of an LG Musiq into an LG Fusiq... And of course, many of us got traded out of our TP2's into others...was a palm pre for me. Your best bet will be making a friend at the sprint store who can either tell you if there are any others on the WEL list that the nexus can be replaced with or if going through asurion, poke around really hard with the rep to see what options may be available.

I would have to agree with Jeff. I would be shocked if they replaced a Nexus S with a Galaxy Nexus. Their stock is probably VERY limited on referb GNex and they would consider Evo 3D as a similar device maybe a photon or design. Best case scenario is that they replace it with a E4GT.

Also, with the amount of people trading in their Nexus S for a GNex, I'm sure Assurion has a ton of referb ones to send out as replacements.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

it all comes down to how much stock of the old phone is on hand. If there still alot of nexus s and OG evos in stock then you can bet you'll be getting one of them. the og evo was EOL'd some time ago so there stock of them should drying up. so if you broke yours and had to make a claim I would say the odds are good that you get the evo 3D, but not for certain.

My point with Asurion is the stock fluctuates. They go out of stock and in stock all the time, even after EOL. Asurion was substituting EVO's with EVO 3D's last winter, but was back to replacing EVO's with EVO's this Spring.

Unless you know what Asurion has access to at any given time, you are rolling the dice as far as getting a newer, better device.

Robert via Galaxy Nexus using Forum Runner

• 2 weeks later...